On Second Thought

Sorry guys, but I'm way late to the party here.

I removed three things that someone earlier described Trump as, that do not also apply to Joe Biden. Guess he is only 15% less disgusting?

A chronic, pathological liar.
Completely immodest.
As thin-skinned as it gets
A total narcissist
Rude
A bully
Two-faced
A gaslighter

Trump can kiss my ass, but Biden is shoving it up mine. The both of them have a special place to go that I am not following them toward.
It's probably a good idea to just close the thread.

At my daughter’s middle school, they have tampons in the boys bathroom.
That’s bat shit crazy. Even the kids think so.

Yes please, before more people get angry
People should get Angry. Our countries and our world are going to shit.
But arguing amongst ourselves, that’s not good. United we stand, ‘divided we fall’

When people realize out ‘leaders’ are batshit crazy and leading us to destruction, and that they are responsible for the problems in the world, then we have a chance. Maybe
Who creates these insane policies and laws?? They do.

Left or Right don’t matter, they’re all walking us straight to hell. All the while they’re getting rich.

So again, we need to get angry. Just at the rightful recipient of that anger, rather than each other.

Speaking of pumpkin, I purchased a small "pie" pumpkin. I don't want to use it for pie, as I am not much for pumpkin pie. Any ideas?

I'm thinking possibly roasting whole, then scooping out the inside flesh, mash where still a bit chunky, and make soup. But that seems maybe boring, and maybe a waste.
Pumpkin soup can be quite tasty.

People should get Angry. Our countries and our world are going to shit.
But arguing amongst ourselves, that’s not good. United we stand, ‘divided we fall’

When people realize out ‘leaders’ are batshit crazy and leading us to destruction, and that they are responsible for the problems in the world, then we have a chance. Maybe
Who creates these insane policies and laws?? They do.

Left or Right don’t matter, they’re all walking us straight to hell. All the while they’re getting rich.

So again, we need to get angry. Just at the rightful recipient of that anger, rather than each other.
I thought we covered this. I hear you, I feel ya brah. But there is no reason that I can find to be hopeful. Private concentrated capital runs the show and will continue to. Causing division works. It's gotten worse and there's no reason to think that trend will change or get better. Not any time soon, imo. The problem is deeply entrenched.

We're apes. We're like bugs.

In my view - the only way to have any hope at all with regard to this issue is to get active, get involved, find like minded people and at least TRY to make some meaningful difference relative to our common struggle. I have my own ideas about that and am pursuing that - but it's a personal thing.... how one goes about that.

Good luck (although I don't believe in "luck" per se)!

On another note - I spent the day in Acadia National Park yesterday and have to say that is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I've traveled all over the place - in and outside the USA - been to most of the major national parks.... and this one was a sight to behold like no other. We're here at peak color and it was/is stunningly beautiful. We lucked out with the weather. It was about 65F, light breeze, just perfection.

If you haven't been.... HIGHLY recommended. (It IS crowded though).

I don't see the country the same way you do, clearly.

Well, in my country..

I went to the big city today, had a doctor's appointment, also needed to pick up some building supplies and get a whole mess of paver type materials. It isn't really a huge city, just the one I grew up in and moved to my current location in the country to be close. In doing so I happen to notice and pass an Aldi grocery store. Aldi is sort of no frills, off brands, bring a box or bag because you get none for free at the check out. Pretty good produce section, though. Basically trying to keep the cost down type thing. Me, I go there for the pistachios, they have a pretty good price on those.

Sorry, I get kind of long winded, be it a fault or a feature...

Quick trip, in & out I grab a couple pound bags of pistachios. Step to the check out and waiting in front of me is an old man. He could have been mistaken for a women, frail, but ball cap and flannel shirt hanging off of his thin frame. His turn up, he sits on the counter two big cans of pork and beans, the 28 oz type cans, and a package of hotdogs or shitty sausage. 5-6 to a pack. I guess I'm nosey to pay attention to that kind of stuff, or maybe a bit of a foodie. But it's almost a reflex or whatever you might want to call it that I pay attention to what older people purchase at the grocery. And frankly a lot of the times it breaks my heart. So the old guy has pork and beans, shitty sausage.....and 2 pouches of cat treats.

Now maybe he has a cat, or feeds stray cats. I pray he has a cat, because that is the kind of shit that can make it difficult for me to fall asleep at night. Thinking about that frail old guy. His pork & beans and hotdogs. And...

So yeah, I feel sorry for him, and us. And yeah, it makes me fucking angry.

But hey, it's a music innernet site. Let's spin a tune and have a laugh. Sorry to be a bummer.

Well, in my country..

I went to the big city today, had a doctor's appointment, also needed to pick up some building supplies and get a whole mess of paver type materials. It isn't really a huge city, just the one I grew up in and moved to my current location in the country to be close. In doing so I happen to notice and pass an Aldi grocery store. Aldi is sort of no frills, off brands, bring a box or bag because you get none for free at the check out. Pretty good produce section, though. Basically trying to keep the cost down type thing. Me, I go there for the pistachios, they have a pretty good price on those.

Sorry, I get kind of long winded, be it a fault or a feature...

Quick trip, in & out I grab a couple pound bags of pistachios. Step to the check out and waiting in front of me is an old man. He could have been mistaken for a women, frail, but ball cap and flannel shirt hanging off of his thin frame. His turn up, he sits on the counter two big cans of pork and beans, the 28 oz type cans, and a package of hotdogs or shitty sausage. 5-6 to a pack. I guess I'm nosey to pay attention to that kind of stuff, or maybe a bit of a foodie. But it's almost a reflex or whatever you might want to call it that I pay attention to what older people purchase at the grocery. And frankly a lot of the times it breaks my heart. So the old guy has pork and beans, shitty sausage.....and 2 pouches of cat treats.

Now maybe he has a cat, or feeds stray cats. I pray he has a cat, because that is the kind of shit that can make it difficult for me to fall asleep at night. Thinking about that frail old guy. His pork & beans and hotdogs. And...

So yeah, I feel sorry for him, and us. And yeah, it makes me fucking angry.

But hey, it's a music innernet site. Let's spin a tune and have a laugh. Sorry to be a bummer.
I'm surprised you didn't say hello to me! LMAO!

There are human beings and there are human animals. Human beings show compassion and kindness, human animals, not so much.

It was sarcasm directed at Jimmy69. He has closed threads previously.... seemingly, simply because he personally didn't like the content or whatever. Ridiculous in my view.
Nope, I closed a thread because the OP asked me to.

Not that the thread was going anywhere anyway...

Back