On Second Thought

You can't make a soup with blueberries, I wouldn't think.

Maybe grind some roasted peanuts in the coffee grinder, for taste and maybe as a thickener, maybe a pinch of Allspice, salt & black pepper, cayenne pepper for heat, pumpkin, chicken stock and heavy cream? Cook it, then place back inside the pumpkin in the oven for a bit?

Does that sound like a winner? Maybe some cornbread w/ minced sweet onion in it.

Oh please, Mick Doobie did not do all those things. Mick Doobie made a general statement to which someone here at HR responded. Mick Doobie placed no label on that person or anyone else here at HR. If there were any labels placed on anyone here, it was by the individual(s) themselves.

I have suspected and am coming to believe that some of those who espouse to be "liberal" in the current sense of the word are in actuality not. They do not seem to be knowledgeable of the agenda(s) pushed and pursued by the current "liberal" left. Perhaps it is not entirely their fault. Well, of course it is in the sense that they have a responsibility to themselves, their families & friends, fellow citizens, and the country as a whole. With freedom comes responsibility, as the saying goes. But as we have witnessed here, rather than take a look at what it means in today's world to be a "liberal", and in being such supporting "liberal" policy & agenda, the reflex is to attack. In my opinion, whether they realize it or not they have been conditions to do so. A diversion, a distraction, it is often the easy road of opposition rather than articulating and acting in support of an ideal unrealized. We are currently governed by liberal policy, and in that a policy they claim to support as liberals. And, things are going to shit, and will continue to go to shit. They appear to be uninterested in an honest assessment of why. Why in pursuing liberal policy & agenda are things going to shit. Is there an alternative. No, not for "the liberal minded". They'd rather do as they are told, fall victim to propaganda and chase boogymen.

I could say more, but I'll keep this post short. I wouldn't want to go too looooong, too long for some
It is called guilty by association, you need to take a look in the mirror on that one. I could easily call you a fascist who wants to set up a christian theocracy and wants to do away with SS, medicare, welfare and all other social safety nets.

It is called guilty by association, you need to take a look in the mirror on that one. I could easily call you a fascist who wants to set up a christian theocracy and wants to do away with SS, medicare, welfare and all other social safety nets.

"Easily" though you may, that's fucking bullshit. Jerkish bullshit with no basis in reality. You have no real point to that idiocy.

You want a real example of demonstrable liberal hypocrisy?

Liberals are all about compassion and kindness, yeah? So much so that far from the fucking southern border they have declared themselves "sanctuary cities" for illegals crossing the southern border of this country. One of the most "liberal" and whitest locales in this country Martha's Vineyard received a mere token of some 50 of the thousands upon thousands of "migrants" seeking refuge in the US. Within 48 hours of arriving the migrants were whisked off to be housed at a military base on the mainland....otherwise referred to in different circumstances by "liberals" if occuring at the southern border as a fucking concentration camp, by Nazis. A mere 50 fucking migrants was just too much damn compassion that could be mustered by the good liberals on Martha's vineyard. Sure, little doubt they were fed well while there, fine cheese and foie gras, but after that they were out of there pronto. Rich as fuck with plenty of rooms to spare Martha's Vineyard actually patted themselves on the back at how accommodating they were, before putting them on a plane to be warehoused on a military base. You tell me, was that a jerkish thing to do, especially given all the talk of compassion and kindness?

I won't apologize for shit, when it boils down to it, brass tacks, or in the case of Martha's Vineyard gold, the liberal left are hypocrites and jerks. They stand in harsh judgement and expect immensely more from those far less financially capable on the southern border than they could ever be inconvenienced....by 50 PEOPLE.

It would have been comedy gold of not for the fact that these were PEOPLE being rejected by people who claim to be their benefactors.

So fuck off with all of this faux outrage that I hold a mirror up to any of your smug compassionate and kind liberal gobs. Own that shit, or drop the compassionate and kind "liberal" garbage. If you think it was wrong, you just might not be a "liberal".

"Easily" though you may, that's fucking bullshit. Jerkish bullshit with no basis in reality. You have no real point to that idiocy.

Liberals are all about compassion and kindness, yeah? So much so that far from the fucking southern border they have declared themselves "sanctuary cities" for illegals crossing the southern border of this country. One of the most "liberal" and whitest locales in this country Martha's Vineyard received a mere token of some 50 of the thousands upon thousands of "migrants" seeking refuge in the US. Within 48 hours of arriving the migrants were whisked off to be housed at a military base on the mainland....otherwise referred to in different circumstances by "liberals" if occuring at the southern border as a fucking concentration camp, by Nazis. A mere 50 fucking migrants was just too much damn compassion that could be mustered by the good liberals on Martha's vineyard. Sure, little doubt they were fed well while there, fine cheese and foie gras, but after that they were out of there pronto. Rich as fuck with plenty of rooms to spare Martha's Vineyard actually patted themselves on the back at how accommodating they were, before putting them on a plane to be warehoused on a military base. You tell me, was that a jerkish thing to do, especially given all the talk of compassion and kindness?

I won't apologize for shit, when it boils down to it, brass tacks, or in the case of Martha's Vineyard gold, the liberal left are hypocrites and jerks. They stand in harsh judgement and expect immensely more from those far less financially capable on the southern border than they could ever be inconvenienced....by 50 PEOPLE.

It would have been comedy gold of not for the fact that these were PEOPLE being rejected by people who claim to be their benefactors.

So fuck off with all of this faux outrage that I hold a mirror up to any of your smug compassionate and kind liberal gobs. Own that shit, or drop the compassionate and kind "liberal" garbage. If you think it was wrong, you just might not be a "liberal".
Liberals eat babies. I think you missed the point.

Liberals eat babies. I think you missed the point.

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe it was you who missed the point. And, frankly, you do not strike me as being intelligent enough to approach it.

btw, it appears you missed something in your post.

Trump! :mad:

You're welcome.

"The point? I judged or mischaracterized someone based upon appearance? I don't think so, although appearance can be indicative of, something. Stereotypical, one might say.
If someone says, "I am a liberal", is it a bogus stereotype to make the reasonable assumption that they adhere to a particular ideology? An ideology that in my estimation has gone off the rails into batshit insane and is causing & responsible for instability across the globe."
The point? It is called guilty by association, you need to take a look in the mirror on that one. I could easily call you a fascist who wants to set up a christian theocracy and wants to do away with SS, medicare, welfare and all other social safety nets.
"you do not strike me as being intelligent enough to approach it."
PS, I am not the one with the point on my head lol.

Didn't bother reading all of this. Maybe later.

Man ... I gotta say ... you seem like a really angry, miserable person. I feel sorry for you.

Didn't bother reading all of this. Maybe later.

Man ... I gotta say ... you seem like a really angry, miserable person. I feel sorry for you.

Ah, compassion and kindness rears its ugly head.

See, perhaps that's the part of the difference between you and I. I feel sorry for us.

Sorry guys, but I'm way late to the party here.

I removed three things that someone earlier described Trump as, that do not also apply to Joe Biden. Guess he is only 15% less disgusting?

A chronic, pathological liar.
Completely immodest.
As thin-skinned as it gets
A total narcissist
Rude
A bully
Two-faced
A gaslighter

Trump can kiss my ass, but Biden is shoving it up mine. The both of them have a special place to go that I am not following them toward.

Speaking of on second thought...

Apparently the Biden administration is having second thoughts and re-evaluating arms sales to Saudi Arabia totally by coincidence after the Saudis rejected Biden's request to delay a reduction in oil supply for a month. For those keeping track, rumor has it there is an upcoming election in the US approximately a month from now. Some say the Democrats are in trouble and rising fuel prices surely won't help.

Wait, didn't a recent president get the impeachment treatment for supposedly threatening to cut off arms sales in exchange for one of them quid pro quos?

Statement from the Saudis...

"Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would also like to clarify that based on its belief in the importance of dialogue and exchange of views with its allies and partners outside the OPEC+ group regarding the situation in the oil markets, the Government of the Kingdom clarified through its continuous consultation with the US Administration that all economic analyses indicate that postponing the OPEC+ decision for a month, according to what has been suggested, would have had negative economic consequences."

Totally coincidence. Totally.

Cherry pie, ftw. Multi dimensional. Sweet, yet the tartness cuts through the sweetness.

Boston cream pie is really good, but that's not pie, it's cake.

The best, all time most bestest? Blackberry cobbler. Served still warm, a drizzle of cream or even whole milk.

Back