On Second Thought

60's guy

Perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing when political threads were prevalent here. So long as the threads remained civil where everyone else's opinion was, for the most part, given due respect.

Kudos to RFR with the "Music I Like" thread!

No kudos (from me) of threads about whether or not Marvin Gaye's version of Grapevine is the best ever recorded song or whether or not drummers are real musicians.

I scroll through every individual forum topic of discussion. Overall, I get the impression that (other than the mp3 clinic) there's a downward spiral of participation. Perhaps it's because the internet has become totally saturated with recording advice.

?????

Yep brother the old grey mare just ain't what she used to be...sign of the times...
Every once in a while a spark of the good old days shines through but you are spot on.

Like it or not our candles are burning low and 23 years is a long time to be hangin in a BBS shootin the shit...

So many have come and gone...just a handful of us who were here early on...

Good friends and good times but the sun is setting on this format and forum....

Tick tock, tweet tweet, instagram BAM!
what once was fun is now a mockery of a sham

Speaking of political threads, wonder whatever happened to Laidback guy? I hope he's alright. We should all hope he is alright, despite any differences. Of course the peace, love, and harmony throughout all of humanity libs won't, because they're hypocrites and jerks. That's not political, it is simply truth. They'd celebrate of his oil bonanza got him so worked up his heart just couldn't take all the win.

Tell me I'm lying.

For a long while it seemed every time I checked into "What's new", the first bunch of threads were nearly always political or something else full of negativity. That really sucked all the anticipation and enjoyment out of it for me. Ignoring them wasn't completely successful in that many of you regular contributors out there spent quite a bit of your resources wrapped up in these - as opposed to participating in forums at the heart of this BBS.

I have always intended to contribute more in the MP3 Mixing Clinic, yet I have lost my ambition and have been trying to kick-start my ass into gear so we can get back to having more good, musical times.

Well, that's why I'm drifting in space..

Speaking of political threads, wonder whatever happened to Laidback guy? I hope he's alright. We should all hope he is alright, despite any differences. Of course the peace, love, and harmony throughout all of humanity libs won't, because they're hypocrites and jerks. That's not political, it is simply truth. They'd celebrate of his oil bonanza got him so worked up his heart just couldn't take all the win.

Tell me I'm lying.
What an unpleasant post.

Perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing when political threads were prevalent here. So long as the threads remained civil where everyone else's opinion was, for the most part, given due respect.

Kudos to RFR with the "Music I Like" thread!

No kudos (from me) of threads about whether or not Marvin Gaye's version of Grapevine is the best ever recorded song or whether or not drummers are real musicians.

I scroll through every individual forum topic of discussion. Overall, I get the impression that (other than the mp3 clinic) there's a downward spiral of participation. Perhaps it's because the internet has become totally saturated with recording advice.

?????
There might be less music related content than before on this site but I like the smaller more personal feel here. There are several other forums with a lot more traffic but less personal. Years ago there were less forums and before internet there were the mags. I just think the music and recording info is spread out more these days. When I need advice or info I can still get the help I need just as good as I always have.

100% this BBS , with Prime Time and previously the Dragon Cave set it apart from all of the other forums...For sure the Cave was absolutely probably one of the most entertaining. informative up close and personal forums I have ever been a part of.. A lot of laughs, a lot of piss offidness, some sadness and some cool happenings like Jamfest ...It's inception was pre facebook and twitter and just a year after Google launched. For those of us that were here there were only a handful of places musicians and wanna be recording engineers could go to get advice and yap about getting the sound down...23 years later it's a whole new landscape..I still enjoy seeing the old timers and for sure a lot of the newer blood here that have jumped onboard...It is still a bit different from most venues we can go visit on the WWW so that's why I still find myself dropping in here...probably too much..

What an unpleasant post.

I don't make the rules for the supposed betterment of society and then break them. I'm not responsible for other people's reprehensible thoughts or behavior on account of disagreement of ideas and opinion. I observed the disappearence of a fellow HR dot com member and expressed the hope that he is okay. I'll leave it to the peanut gallery to ascertain the source of unpleasantry.

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
I don't make the rules for the supposed betterment of society and then break them. I'm not responsible for other people's reprehensible thoughts or behavior on account of disagreement of ideas and opinion. I observed the disappearence of a fellow HR dot com member and expressed the hope that he is okay. I'll leave it to the peanut gallery to ascertain the source of unpleasantry.
Guilty as charged! :laughings: Joke em!

Of course the peace, love, and harmony throughout all of humanity libs won't, because they're hypocrites and jerks. That's not political, it is simply truth.
This is the source of the unpleasantry.

I'm a liberal (well ... for the most part, anyway). I guess that means I'm a hypocrite and a jerk in your eyes.

What a shame ... especially since I hardly know anything about you and you me.

This is the source of the unpleasantry.

I'm a liberal (well ... for the most part, anyway). I guess that means I'm a hypocrite and a jerk in your eyes.

What a shame ... especially since I hardly know anything about you and you me.

Probably, or for the most part, but I guess credit given owning up to the insanity.

Describing yourself as a liberal, what does that mean, in your eyes? If not hypocrite and jerk, what does it mean, to you?

Back