New Elvis Movie Looks Epic and

junplugged

Taking the slow road
maybe they finally are gonna get it right after all this time? There's a slick trailer on the imdb. I have a friend who is totally obsessed with him and she is too young to have ever seen him in concert.

Trouble is with books and movies made well after the event. They are going on hearsay because everybody who did know 'the man' is dead. So the movie or book is based on opinion and stories rather than fact and experience. Is it fiction?

An example is stories over the years have been that Elvis died chomping on a burger while on the toilet and another that he had kg's of undigested red meat in his stomach. Are they really true and will we ever know?

I attended an Elvis concert in Providece, RI a year before he died. He strode across the stage, grabbed a Mic and said "It's great to be here in Ohio". 15,000 fans went dead silent for a few seconds. And then he began to sing " We're caught in a trap........". Applause erupted throughout the Civic Center. Graceland is an amazing place to visit should you ever travel to Memphis.

It looks watchable, for sure, but the actor seems to be playing him too smart. Elvis had the low savvy of a force of nature, but he wasn't smart the way the guy is playing him.
That ain't tactics, honey. It's just the beast in me.

- - Vince Everett

That ain't tactics, honey. It's just the beast in me.

- - Vince Everett
I guess so, yeah. It would be wonderful to be part of a biopic, just to see what the values are, what they're aiming at and trying to get right, how true they are to what actually happened. I mean, I'd sign up tomorrow if my skillset was a little bit more in demand. Pity.

Larry Geller has a lot to say about Elvis and what he was reading and talking about in his private life. This is only part one, and I don't know where the rest of it is, it was really good back when I saw it a few years ago.

Tom Hanks knows his market. The millenials Elvis is 12%, Im a baby boomer so yeah more in line with Tom Hanks target audience.
The 50's was the only Elvis I liked, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Chuck Berry , Jerry Lee..... but I only learned about them due to the Beatles referencing them.
The Stones seemed more harder blues edge and though they had the similar 1950's roots.

Looks like a good movie and Tom often makes it a "above average" project.
The Elvis of the military, the corny movie era, then Las Vegas seemed to have hits but the "fire" was burnt out. Like the Beatles mania years then to LSD Pepper then to the stop washing their hair years to Yoko joining and the end.

As I grew up the whole wild clothes, youthful shaking and mania years seems more the pop-star stuff, phenomena I guess.

At 60 I can relate more to Col Parker than the young Elvis. So looks like a good movie! Tom Hanks plays Col Parker, not Elvis...smart move!

Tom Hanks knows his market. The millenials Elvis is 12%, Im a baby boomer so yeah more in line with Tom Hanks target audience.
The 50's was the only Elvis I liked, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Chuck Berry , Jerry Lee..... but I only learned about them due to the Beatles referencing them.
The Stones seemed more harder blues edge and though they had the similar 1950's roots.

Looks like a good movie and Tom often makes it a "above average" project.
The Elvis of the military, the corny movie era, then Las Vegas seemed to have hits but the "fire" was burnt out. Like the Beatles mania years then to LSD Pepper then to the stop washing their hair years to Yoko joining and the end.

As I grew up the whole wild clothes, youthful shaking and mania years seems more the pop-star stuff, phenomena I guess.

At 60 I can relate more to Col Parker than the young Elvis. So looks like a good movie! Tom Hanks plays Col Parker, not Elvis...smart move!
What number is the 12% from? As for a band like the Beatles, over half the streaming is coming from people under the age of 30!

just an article from something.... not really a surprise to me. History. This thread made me wonder, ELVIS?
then Tom Hanks....and it got my attention. Col Hanks is a big part of the movie it seems.

like Brian Epstein of the Beatles....it would be an interesting character's view of the phenomena being the manager in the shadows.

Elvis wanted to tour outside the US, but Parker was here illegally and wouldn't be able to return so he didn't let the man go. Parker was good for a while for Elvis, but later on was not. Geller said Elvis was planning on splitting with Parker in 1977 but didn't live long enough.

Back