Music Music Music & In the Crowd

Snowman999

Since I sit and do nothing all day long and have gained 15 lbs, I decided to start going for walks. Yesterday I passed some garbage and thought one box was books so I kept walking. The garbage was still there today and they weren't books, they were CDs. I went back after it got dark and picked up 90 cds in the trash. About 30 were still sealed. Many are classical. But, I enjoy classical. There was also a sealed Love and Theft by Dylan. JJ Cale and Eric Clapton, Motown 40 Forever, Aretha Franklin rare and unreleased, Kasey Chambers, Nickelback, James Brown 40th Anniversary Sampler, Johnny Cash's God to name a few. Why would you throw out an entire collection of CDs? It's like Christmas at the beginning of December.

After posting that Caravan Palace video I looked up their Stone Pony show I went to. Someone posted the entire show and I know I couldn't really be seen in it. But, I found another video from further back and my baldass head shines as it bops.

baldie.jpg

This was a surprising one I found a while back. I'm the idiot wearing a leather coat. I had hair back then.

This one is funny. About 18 seconds in the camera moves, in the bottom left corner I'm the only audience member that comes into view, and I'm there most of song.

You wouldn't believe how many people behind me get annoyed because I move (I won't call it dancing) while the music is playing.

I can't understand people throwing things like CDs in the trash. Take them to Goodwill. They'll get a few bucks a pop to help out those in need, it gives people who WANT to listen to music something else to throw in the CD player for cheap, and it keeps perfectly good stuff out of a landfill.

Win - Win - Win situation in my book.

Sometimes people are just stupid.

Wow, great find. For me, the best garbage story I’ve heard was when someone threw out the body of a Les Paul GIBSON. Person picked it up, put pups in them, some tuners and bridge on and it was fantastic.

Ok Snowman that is pretty bitchin find.....I have a tone of CD's that I need to convert to mp3 (OMG!) gotta purge the crap that never is used..Been on an expensive journey trying to convert all the 8 mm and Beta videos I have in about 3 boxes taking up space... Damn it's hard to figure out this beta thing....almost there..

I digress..

I clicked your Caravan video and like you taking a walk...I took a youtube video walk down the video previews on the side and LOOK WHAT I FOUND....

This dude Will Wood is wonkers bad ass!~ Enjoy!

Wow, great find. For me, the best garbage story I’ve heard was when someone threw out the body of a Les Paul GIBSON. Person picked it up, put pups in them, some tuners and bridge on and it was fantastic.

WOW! That's beyond fantastic. That's garbage picking SUPREME. I've got great things from trash. But, nothing that good. I got a deal once on a Gibson. I was in an antique store in PA. They had two old acoustics. One was garbage, the other said Gibson. It was $75. I grabbed that thing. I'm walking around the store, and a young kid with a cell phone asks "can I see that?" I show him it was an LG-1. He's on his phone looking up the model, and I'm thinking "A) You ain't getting it. B) It's a GIBSON for $75. What's to look up?" The best part is I talked the people down to $65. I would have paid the $75. But, you never pay what the price tag says in an antique store. It plays fine. But, the strings are too far away from the neck for my comfort. Plus it's an LG-1 which was a cheaper model Gibson. It has a woody/tinny sound.

Where are you in the video? The musicians are great. The lyrics are a little off for me.

Where are you in the video?

The musicians are great.

The lyrics are a little off for me.

Oh dude I wish I was in that video....even just as a spectator.

No.... I was watching your Caravan Palace video and this video was on the side with other "suggested video" previews...

Never heard of this guy Will Wood before yesterday...I just started watching some of his stuff and realized I'd stumbled upon a real gem. This guy ain't normal and he writes some whacky lyrics but the boy is a musical genius and a hell of an entertainer.

So I was using the analogy of taking a walk down the street / clicking through the suggested videos and finding a unexpected treasure.

You might search him on Youtube if you like...

Don't know ifyou skipped through the album below ....but I suspect he is going to break through the glass ceiling of world fame...maybe. certainly not in the same mainstream, melba toast, middle of the road fodder we are fed these days...quite a sharp edge...but very possibly edgy enough , entertaining enough to break through...in our discussions of nothing great coming out in the last 20 years this guy and his stuff IMO is pretty bad ass, novel and unique.

Back