Music I like, what do you like??

Dig that tune!

Many a player has come and gone from Canned Heat. Including Walter Trout. (Walter has also played for John Lee Hooker and John Mayall's Bluesbreakers among others)

I was born and raised in the Huntington/Newport Beach area of Orange County, CA. In my early twenties my friends and I used to hang out a lot in the downtown Huntington Beach area. Right near the Huntington Pier at the corner of Main St and PCH there's a little dive bar named Perq's. When he wasn't touring Europe - Perq's was a sort of home base for Walter. They would be the house band Thurs-Sun when he was in town. I lost count of the times that we stumbled out of Perq's at 2am after having our faces melted by Walter, his old yellow CBS Strat, and his Boggie Mark IV. And he had the amazing Bernard Pershey on drums back then - man what a player.
It was so loud in that place you couldn't talk to the person next to you. Man... those were good times. Miss that.

Throughout my life I have seen many many famous musicians perform. Mostly male performers.
A few years ago I purchased tickets at the Calvin Theater in Northampton MA to attend an Indigo Girl concert.
I was then and still now a fan of them and their music.

Get ready to go on a journey. I have no idea of your final destination, but Frank and the Mother’s will take you there.

Back