Music I like, what do you like??

Yeah, sorry, I'm going back to back. I'm drankin again. But hey, it is Thursday, thirsty Thursday. No? Well by golly it's bound to be Thursday somewhere, can I get a witness.

I dedicate this one to EZ Willy. He's a young man, probably never heard this one before. Don't do drugs, kids.

Yeah, sorry, I'm going back to back. I'm drankin again. But hey, it is Thursday, thirsty Thursday. No? Well by golly it's bound to be Thursday somewhere, can I get a witness.

I dedicate this one to EZ Willy. He's a young man, probably never heard this one before. Don't do drugs, kids.

Actually it’s closer to Monday than Thursday :D

My fav Steppenwolf

Once the religious, the hunted and weary Chasing the promise of freedom and hope Came to this country to build a new vision Far from the reaches of Kingdom and pope Like good Christians some would burn the witches Later some got slaves to gather riches But still from near and far to seek America They came by thousands, to court the wild But she just patiently smiled and bore a child To be their spirit and guiding light And once the ties with the crown had been broken Westward in saddle and wagon it went And till the railroad linked ocean to ocean Many the lives which had come to an end While we bullied, stole and bought a homeland We began the slaughter of the red man But still from near and far to seek America They came by thousands to court the wild But she just patiently smiled and bore a child To be their spirit and guiding light The Blue and Grey they stomped it They kicked it just like a dog And when the war was over They stuffed it just like a hog And though the past has its share of injustice Kind was the spirit in many a way But its protectors and friends have been sleeping Now it's a monster and will not obey The spirit was freedom and justice And its keepers seemed generous and kind Its leaders were supposed to serve the country But now they won't pay it no mind Cause the people grew fat and got lazy Now their vote is a meaningless joke They babble about law and order But it's all just an echo of what they've been told Yeah, there's a monster on the loose It's got our heads into the noose And it just sits there watchin' The cities have turned into jungles And corruption is stranglin' the land The police force is watching the people And the people just can't understand We don't know how to mind our own business 'Cause the whole world's got to be just like us Now we are fighting a war over there No matter who's the winner we can't pay the cost 'Cause there's a monster on the loose It's got our heads into the noose And it just sits there watchin' America, where are you now Don't you care about your sons and daughters Don't you know we need you now We can't fight alone against the monster America, where are you now Don't you care about your sons and daughters Don't you know we need you now We can't fight alone against the monster America...America...America...America...

Reactions: RFR
I'm not sure if anyone else here digs this sort of thing - but I'm a big STP fan. These guys have written and recorded a lot of great *songs*. Kinda like zep in the sense that they never repeat themselves and are always going in a fresh direction.... a lot of varied material over the years. Some of it has been heavy and rocking - other stuff is a little more laid back and "poppy". A couple of examples of the poppy:

The Sleez Sisters performing "Your Daughter Is One".
This vid is not PC so I guess that is why it has this youtube label.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone else here digs this sort of thing - but I'm a big STP fan. These guys have written and recorded a lot of great *songs*. Kinda like zep in the sense that they never repeat themselves and are always going in a fresh direction.... a lot of varied material over the years. Some of it has been heavy and rocking - other stuff is a little more laid back and "poppy". A couple of examples of the poppy:

I was never really a huge Stone Temple Pilots fan back in the day, '90s or whatever. I don't think it is still there, but I ran across a complete latenight performances some time back on the YouTubes. I don't know how many years it spanned, 10 maybe. It is fascinating the change in not only the band and material, but Scott Weiland. Of course drugs were involved, and I supposed it played a big part in changes, but we'll put that aside, if possible. You could tell them boys were cranked, volume that is. DeLeo is a damn good guitar player, and versatile. They were a hot band.

Incredible guitar work in this live performance. Actually how the whole band works together.
I can only wish to have a band this tight.

Such a great song even with players other than Jim Messina. Here’s Kenny solo.

Last edited:
Michael Hedges, IMO, was the grand master of alternative guitar tunings.

Here's an interview of Hedges.

The interview provides an insight into his humbleness of celebrity.

What struck me most was his description of the flute as a voice of melody. And that six string guitars and ten notes played simultaneously by a piano player add depth and roundedness to the melody.

I think Hedges discovered that alternative guitar tunings made his six string guitar sound like a ten string guitar through harmonics similar to that fifth note that people claim to have heard when listening to a barbershop quartet.

Numerous guitar players, like Andy McKee give due credit that Michael Hedges was a tremendous influence in their life.

Endicott's up by 5 o'clock
Endicott's givin' it all he got
Endicott's job is six to nine but
Endicott's home by nine O five
Endicott helps to cook the steak
Endicott helps to wash the plates
Endicott puts the kids to bed
Endicott reads a book to them

(Why cant you be like Endicott?)

Endicott loves Tribena so
Endicott puts her on a pedestal
Endicott's wish is her command but
Endicott don't make no demands
Endicott's always back in time
Endicott's not the cheatin' kind
Endicott's full of compliment
Endicott's such a gentleman

Cause I'm free
Free of any made-to-order liabilities
Thank God I'm free
Cos it's hard enough for me
to take care of me, oh-oh

Endicott's carryin' a heavy load but
Endicott never really ever moans
Endicott's not a wealthy guy but
Endicott pays the bills on time
Endicott's got ideas and plans
Endicott's what you call a real man
Endicott always will provide 'cause
Endicott is the family type

Cause I'm free
Freer than a pirate on a frigate out at sea
Thank God I'm free
Driftin' all around just like a tumbleweed, oh-oh

Maybe I need someone
Someone who isn't undone
Maybe an older woman
Will tolerate me
Maybe that certain someone
Older and wiser woman
Maybe the perfect someone
To satisfy me

Endicott keeps his body clean
Endicott don't use nicotine
Endicott don't drink alcohol
Endicott use no drugs at all
Endicott don't eat any sweet
Endicott don't eat pig feet
Endicott's frame is mighty strong
Endicott make love hard and long

Endicott loves Tribena so
Endicott walks her to the sto'
Endicott likes to hold her hand
Endicott's proud to be her man
Endicott stands for decency
Endicott means formality
Endicott's the epitome
Endicott stands for quality

Endicott
Endicott
Endicott
Endicott

RFR, great choice with Angry Eyes. When I first got my ASAT, it seemed like it nailed that sound, even though Messina used a Strat.

Reactions: RFR
Back