Music I like, what do you like??

Title track off of one the best albums of Elton and Bernie:

I'm a huge Elton fan and seen him live a few times but I am not really familiar with this song or album though I am aware of it. I know he liked American country music. I guess I owe it myself to take a listen through the whole album...Thanks for putting me / us on to this one.

I'm a huge Elton fan and seen him live a few times but I am not really familiar with this song or album though I am aware of it. I know he liked American country music. I guess I owe it myself to take a listen through the whole album...Thanks for putting me / us on to this one.
The whole album is a good spin. But there is something about that title track, I just really like. Bernie, if I remember right, was a big cowboy fan. If I remember correct that is why he bought a horse farm in the US.

But it is one of their finest, the band is really playing their asses off, words are just first rate and Elton arranges the music in so many various ways as to keep the album from being boring.

This kid, young man, word is he released his latest a double album and every song charted. I like some of what I'm hearing. Maybe a tad too much on hard liquor drinking, but respectable guitar work and songwriting. One of my brothers doesn't like the incorporating of the Rap element, but I'm okay with it, it is part of the modern scene, if you will. He had to cancel shows on the current tour, one as the opening band was onstage. Not good. Better find a way to a more healthy utilization of his vocal ability. You can hear the gravel when he hits the "high notes", which aren't particularly high. That said, in my opinion he deserves the recognition he is getting.

Another. Maybe a tad too much liquor talk, bitterness, yes shit happens, but good songwriting, good guitars and vocal performance.

This kid, young man, word is he released his latest a double album and every song charted. I like some of what I'm hearing. Maybe a tad too much on hard liquor drinking, but respectable guitar work and songwriting. One of my brothers doesn't like the incorporating of the Rap element, but I'm okay with it, it is part of the modern scene, if you will. He had to cancel shows on the current tour, one as the opening band was onstage. Not good. Better find a way to a more healthy utilization of his vocal ability. You can hear the gravel when he hits the "high notes", which aren't particularly high. That said, in my opinion he deserves the recognition he is getting.

Another. Maybe a tad too much liquor talk, bitterness, yes shit happens, but good songwriting, good guitars and vocal performance.

Yeah he's okay... if there's a drum machine involved, please don't call it Country :facepalm:

Pardon, young man's name is Morgan Wallen. Double album every song charted, as general interest and from a songwriting perspective, perhaps take notice.

Some of you may recognize the name. After a night of drinking he was dropped off at home by friends. He referred to his friends in an endearing fashion with the N word. "My n*gga" type thing. Unknowing to him and his friends a neighbor across the street video recorded it all. Upon release to the press he was canceled, radio stations took him off the playlist, dropped from his management and record company if I am not mistaken. They set out to ruin the kid. It was silly, not genuine. The fans, record sales increased, calls to radio stations requests, support because the kid deserved it, he is putting out good records. Couldn't ignore the guy, he was invited to perform at one for the award shows. Absolutely nailed it. In the audience you could see the likes of P- Diddy and other black artists, movers and shakers, diggin it. They know talent and money signs when they see it. I'm surprised he hasn't been tapped for a collab as of yet. Maybe right now he's too busy releasing double albums where every single song charts. Every single song. Morgan Wallen.

Damn, he makes look so easy

The killer. He was a hammer. I saw him in a highschool auditorium when I was probably about 5 yrs old, my first concert I guess you could say. My guess that was probably about the time that whole thing about him marrying his 13 yr old cousin kind of tanked his career. His opener was Charlie Rich, "The Silver Fox", also a keys guy. At the time I thought, well ain't that nice, he lets his daddy play first.

I played this one for my daddy, loves music, but opinionated as hell, and old school. "I don't like it". Well fuck me, what's not to like. Anyway, Jerry Lee could sing. This one might not be everyone's cup of tea(obviously! :facepalm: ), but I think it illustrates the point. I love the little pauses and head tilts.

Oh what the hell, I mentioned it, so why not. The Silver Fox, Charlie Rich. I think he can do better than this, but the only one I could find live. Go ahead, "I don't like it", you won't be the first. No skin off my teeth.

Trip to the store, I leave the radio off so as maybe I can hear them dang deer foot schteps. For some reason this one keeps playing in my head. Maybe it was the "I ain't never gonna let her go" what done it.

Reactions: RFR
I think we got a theme goin'!

I love this vid, wish it was longer. A little history, Joan Baez was all about being up Dylan's butt. She desperately wanted he and she to be the the king and queen of folk music. Dylan's all like, I'm busy, man. Here, Rolling Thunder days, ol' green teeth is all up in her ear. I'm not sure she's getting it, but I think it's hilarious. It's not a Dylan penned number. It's Dylan, vocally, but I think it is among many performances that illustrate that Dylan could actually sing. Yeah, a bit rough, theatrical, but putting it out there. "Never let me go"

Oops

I think we got a theme goin'!

I love this vid, wish it was longer. A little history, Joan Baez was all about being up Dylan's butt. She desperately wanted he and she to be the the king and queen of folk music. Dylan's all like, I'm busy, man. Here, Rolling Thunder days, ol' green teeth is all up in her ear. I'm not sure she's getting it, but I think it's hilarious. It's not a Dylan penned number. It's Dylan, vocally, but I think it is among many performances that illustrate that Dylan could actually sing. Yeah, a bit rough, theatrical, but putting it out there. "Never let me go".

Tune don’t match the text

Back