Metallica

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
They've now released two songs of their upcoming album... they're both pretty good. I'm starting to think it might actually be good!

No thanks.

Go on Greg, you know you want to. Dare to believe that the album might be good.... although quite how a bunch of 50odd year old blokes who's best work was more than 25 years ago are going to suddenly ace it, I don't know.

Go on Greg, you know you want to. Dare to believe that the album might be good.... although quite how a bunch of 50odd year old blokes who's best work was more than 25 years ago are going to suddenly ace it, I don't know.

Lol. I don't care how old they are or how musically out of shape they've been for the past 25 years. I'm really just not interested. I don't like Metallica anywhere near enough to give them a chance.

Lol. I don't care how old they are or how musically out of shape they've been for the past 25 years. I'm really just not interested. I don't like Metallica anywhere near enough to give them a chance.

Fair enough - they basically taught me how to play guitar (by way of tab-book) in the early 90s so I still care about them.

I likes a bit of early Metallica. They smashed it at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. But, they've been rubbish (talking about released material) for about 20 years, right?

How is the new stuff? Did they give up on nu-metal, lol!

I'll bite and give where I stand. Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and it don't really matter...

Good marketing move for a band that took over the metal market with radio friendly tunes. They made their mark, made a shit ton of money, and now maybe they wish to do what they wanted to? I balk at that because I still can't understand why Lars is a drummer. First rule of drummer club, is to keep fucking time. He fails at that miserably live...Again, my personal opinion and not to disrespect the band as a whole...(how can they play live with that though????)

Now, don't get me wrong. I respect Metallica for what/who they are. And much of what they have written and created over the years was great. I was blown away by 'Ride The Lightning' when I was a young one. Master Of Puppets did to a degree change my musical direction.

Will this new/modern heavy approach appeal to a new generation? Likely. Will I regain the love I had for them when I was a kid? Not likely.

Solid recording for sure. Playing by Hetfield perfect. Hammett the usual tight but redundant whah solo style. Vocals juvenile and simple, but who am I to judge.

There is no denying that Metallica has become a fine tuned (money making) machine.

Lars and his poor meter live: I have seen him many times and has said to myself 'WTF'? Yet he is likely made the most money of any drummer ever and can not keep a groove to save his life. Again, don't get me wrong, he has created some really cool progressions and I respect that of a him as a drummer. It is unique. But come on, get your sticks out of your ass and feel it man...How many years does it take?

Ok, My rant done. Won't argue or change my opinion because I am apparently a curmudgeon. lol!

I'll bite and give where I stand. Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and it don't really matter...

Good marketing move for a band that took over the metal market with radio friendly tunes. They made their mark, made a shit ton of money, and now maybe they wish to do what they wanted to? I balk at that because I still can't understand why Lars is a drummer. First rule of drummer club, is to keep fucking time. He fails at that miserably live...Again, my personal opinion and not to disrespect the band as a whole...(how can they play live with that though????)

Now, don't get me wrong. I respect Metallica for what/who they are. And much of what they have written and created over the years was great. I was blown away by 'Ride The Lightning' when I was a young one. Master Of Puppets did to a degree change my musical direction.

Will this new/modern heavy approach appeal to a new generation? Likely. Will I regain the love I had for them when I was a kid? Not likely.

Solid recording for sure. Playing by Hetfield perfect. Hammett the usual tight but redundant whah solo style. Vocals juvenile and simple, but who am I to judge.

There is no denying that Metallica has become a fine tuned (money making) machine.

Lars and his poor meter live: I have seen him many times and has said to myself 'WTF'? Yet he is likely made the most money of any drummer ever and can not keep a groove to save his life. Again, don't get me wrong, he has created some really cool progressions and I respect that of a him as a drummer. It is unique. But come on, get your sticks out of your ass and feel it man...How many years does it take?

Ok, My rant done. Won't argue or change my opinion because I am apparently a curmudgeon. lol!

Sheesh dude, it's just a pop record. :)

Disclaimer: I'm not a Mettalica fan. Just not my cup of tea. :)

But is there an "approved artists" list at HR.com.?

Seems every established band/artist that is mentioned gets shit talked.

Tough crowd here, there must be some artists that are actually liked.Hopefully more than just the Ramones. Oh, and I think The pixies have been mentioned favorably?
:D
Ps. Hope jimmy don't get shit for liking Pink.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Mettalica fan. Just not my cup of tea. :)

But is there an "approved artists" list at HR.com.?

Seems every established band/artist that is mentioned gets shit talked.

Tough crowd here, there must be some artists that are actually liked.Hopefully more than just the Ramones. Oh, and I think The pixies have been mentioned favorably?
Ps. Hope jimmy don't get shit for liking Pink.

Ha! Nope. Just a few bunch of guys here who have their personal opinions.

I happen to like anything that I feel is is good to me. Not a judgment of others opinions. When something throws me as bad, well then I have that opinion of it. I hope you do as well.

And the 'Pink' thing. Well, I just like what I have heard from her live. I'm a metalhead at heart, yet my favorite band is Jellyfish. Figure that one out...

Back