Meet Now .. ?

I've disabled Cortana, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, and a few other things on my systems. If I need them one day, I can always enable them.

I also turn off the voice on my GPS in the car. I don't need the aggravation.

I also disable the same stuff on my PC.

Ditto hadn't thought to disable the voice on the maps thing...

One thing I do use that I love is google drive as my back-up drives backup. I keep the google drive folder in my back-up drive but everything that I deem important both for personal and business are backed up in the google cloud.

I know a lot of people have a problem with Google in general and the big brother thing. I have lost important data before and just don't ever want to go through that trauma and pain again...There are no guarantees but it is a good way to hedge my bet. I pay under $100 a year for a terabyte of cloud...I also use several other free google drives with other gmail accounts that I use for other personal stuff.

Fun fact about google and their storage capabilities...They are the 3rd largest manufacturer of servers in the world and they don't sell their servers to anyone, all for their own little cloud.

I've got numerous backups on external drives, had to restore my main "work" computer with all the Quicken and tax stuff, emails, etc a couple of years ago. I spent the major part of the day, but nothing of consequence was lost. A 4tb drive was $115. I've got two.

I've got a Dropbox account but its not big enough for backups. Maybe I should use a free Google drive for trading audio tracks. I could get my bassist buddy to do some work!

BTW, in an interesting twist, I looked at my phone this morning, and it wouldn't log into Gmail. I turned on the TV a few minutes later and heard that Google was having outages in the US and Europe.

Back