Looking for any Stems or Multitracks

Krognnak

Hi there,

I'm trying to build my portfolio and would love if you would have me mix and master your music. Any genre and language is welcome. All I ask is the Key and BPM for the song and we're good to go.

Thanks!

People do often offer up stems - we've had some recently, but I'm a little concerned by the 'build your portfolio' bit. Practice and education is quite different from putting our music into your portfolio. Some of us would be a little awkward with the loss of control if you use it to hawk yourself as a mix/master engineer. Most of us don't get too precious with rights, but our work in somebody else's portfolio is tricky. When you distribute music you always get asked if the music has been released before - and we say no, but if you've been sending it out to all and sundry, then you've become a publisher?

If you want people to offer up their music, they'll probably want to know exactly what the deal is? Not always money, but often just usage. We're happy for people wanting to learn how to mix, or having different mix styles to experiment - but I'm not sure I'd want to be in somebody else's portfolio of work?

People do often offer up stems - we've had some recently, but I'm a little concerned by the 'build your portfolio' bit. Practice and education is quite different from putting our music into your portfolio. Some of us would be a little awkward with the loss of control if you use it to hawk yourself as a mix/master engineer. Most of us don't get too precious with rights, but our work in somebody else's portfolio is tricky. When you distribute music you always get asked if the music has been released before - and we say no, but if you've been sending it out to all and sundry, then you've become a publisher?

If you want people to offer up their music, they'll probably want to know exactly what the deal is? Not always money, but often just usage. We're happy for people wanting to learn how to mix, or having different mix styles to experiment - but I'm not sure I'd want to be in somebody else's portfolio of work?
That's an understandable worry, however I feel its little bit unbased. I'm mostly referring to people who are interested in having their music mixed and mastered and not pay for it. I'm not distributing it as such nor would there be any implications regarding publishing as there is no contractual agreement stating I own the rights to the piece of work. If that is a worry, I can draft an agreement stating that all rights are owned by the artist.

I'm more than happy for someone to provide stems for mixing and mastering and using this as their release and have no interest in making money from this. My interest is being able to expand the people I have worked with and being able to show what I have worked on.

When I say "build my portfolio", it is in reference to show real life examples of what I can do, not make money from it. If someone is not interested in being part of this, then its fine. You can either not provide me with stems or outright say you don't want to be part of it and I will still be happy to mix/master for you.

Hi there,

I'm trying to build my portfolio and would love if you would have me mix and master your music. Any genre and language is welcome. All I ask is the Key and BPM for the song and we're good to go.

Thanks!
hi krognnak. i’d be happy to let you take a crack at our most recent tracks. do you have a dropbox account?
ts

Back