Locking threads?

Have you ever contributed to a sound/recording discussion?

You haven't looked.
If that is your real interest -- then you could be in that topic, or is nobody posting to that topic?
Either way, that is not my fault that you decided to come here.

Last edited:
You haven't looked.
If that is what you are really interested in, tell us why you are in this thread.
Do you feel you have some moral obligation or something?
I'd really like to know your real reason.
To see why someone who appears to contribute in none of the forum topic threads comes here and the tells us why he is displeased with others views. I still dont understand.

The law to me is less of a rule book, and more of a WALL that you can place between you and another individual. If it was based on truth i would respect it.

Kind of like locking a thread. You come up with a system to keep em out.

To see why someone who appears to contribute in none of the forum topic threads comes here and the tells us why he is displeased with others views. I still dont understand.

okay Orson, I'll try to be nice.
People have always disagreed, but something fundamental has changed in the way we deal with it.
I'm trying to understand that myself. What it is exactly.
I think it's a lot of real bad input from both sides, but especially from the left and the purpose is to divide us.
They have us fighting with each other. I think that's what they want.
They don't want us to come together and throw out the bad apples.
It's a power thing for the political class.
They need scapegoats. I try to look past the left-right thing in Kenosha, and accept the whole thing as a tragedy from start to finish.
The "survivors" including the shooter all regret it now.
If the government was doing its job, then it never would have happened.
So there it is -- politicians, media, and government start the division and then let it happen.
Something needs to be done about it.

Last edited:
Indeed. If NOBODY is interested in a thread topic, then wouldn't it just die on it's own?
Somebody comes in and tells everyone how bad the thread is, that we shouldn't be on it.
It is NOT anyone's obligation to participate in the thread, so why do they?
Why did you only post part of my statement.......the part that seems to serve your argument? The asumption is that we should stay out of threads that offend us. As if that also means we don't want to discuss the topic? As I asked in my post.......what if we DO want to discuss the topic but the conversation has turned personal and or toxic? Stay quiet? Go away? Be as toxic as others? That's where the mods come in.

Right? Who knows?

Mick

Last edited:
okay Orson, I'll try to be nice.
People have always disagreed, but something fundamental has changed in the way we deal with it.
I'm trying to understand that myself. What it is exactly.
I think it's a lot of real bad input from both sides, but especially from the left and the purpose is to divide us.
They have us fighting with each other. I think that's what they want.
They don't want us to come together and throw out the bad apples.
Acutally a good point...except that he's still sure it's more one sides fault than the other.

Mick

Acutally a good point...except that he's still sure it's more one sides fault than the other.

Mick

For the Rittenhouse case, I'd have to say that it's mostly the life-destroying media pushing radical leftist ideology.
On the government side of it: Gavin Newsome and Mayor de Blasio still continue with the racist monologue from their bully pulpits.
Does this mend the divide? Is it even true? I don't think so
Now you give me an example that you think is equivalent in the Rittenhouse case. Don't tell me about the 2nd amendment. There is a constitutional process in place to change laws you don't like.

If that kid went there knowing he could have a rifle in WI, but not in IL, then these murders were premeditated.

WI law is criminal.
When you know something is wrong and you go along with it...you burn too. Peter at the gates don't care about the Jewish law. It is not what you can prove . It is what actually happened.

By the way I was a Licensed Paramedic 12 years, for the township of Crestwood. Now I do contract tech work with a medical equipment group.

A licensed firearm owner and class 4 card holder.

That punk makes me sick. To see him not earn any of it. Then smile with those 'shit eyes'.

By the way I was a Licensed Paramedic 12 years, for the township of Crestwood. Now I do contract tech work with a medical equipment group.

A licensed firearm owner and class 4 card holder.

That punk makes me sick. To see him not earn any of it. Then smile with those 'shit eyes'.
Hang on a minute. We are agreeing here. Someone mark this down.

Come on, man, what's up? I just wrote a well thought and civil reply to someone who had earlier replied to my post. It's a topical subject that could be interesting, perhaps even informative. Maybe in the context of the discussion someone might learn something they did not know, perhaps even change their mind. If nobody's mind is changed, so what? Adults having an adult conversation....as long as everyone keeps it civil. I don't know, man, it is not the first time it has happened and it is frustrating. I can imagine it is frustrating for you mods as well. There's got to be a better way? I've rarely if ever been in favor of strong arm banning. Maybe that is what needs to happen, temp time off for blatant habitual offenders of civility.

I've been coming here for quite a while. Granted, i've done my fair share of stepping over the line. But i've also respected periodic efforts by the mods to cool things down. But personally, I don't know that I care much for the thought of a sanitized vanilla forum where adults cannot converse with other adults in the manner with which adults at times communicate.......which often involves disagreement. What a boring world if everyone agreed on everything. What a boring forum it would be.

For those who do not wish to participate in any particular subject matter?....then don't. How hard is that? No need to piss and moan, just go your own way to discussions more to your liking, if they exist. Hell, instead of belly aching maybe start a damn discussion every once in a while. I mean, if you know what we shouldn't be talking about, surely you know what we should be talking about, yeah? Sure, music/recording, but there is more to life than music, and a well rounded forum recognizes that fact. I come here and there's very little going on, a "political" thread is started and it hits 7 pages in a couple of days? Does it really give you the sadz?

So, yeah, make yourself happy and start a thread of interest.
It makes mods feel important. That’s all it is. This format is dying in general. Debates are engaging. Really makes me no difference to me, but they’re not doing the site any favors by closing threads that adults can choose to participate in or not. Let’s face it. These debates are engaging when everything else here is so slow.

I don't have an issue with civil political discussion, but when the majority of the new threads and new posts are simply rehashing the same pointless comments over and over, I agree.... time to close the door.

I've already got a few members on my ignore list.
Oh, you mean you can just ignore people you don’t want to see!? What a concept! But hey, if you don’t like a topic, nobody else should discuss it. 👍🏼

Why did you only post part of my statement.......the part that seems to serve your argument? The asumption is that we should stay out of threads that offend us. As if that also means we don't want to discuss the topic? As I asked in my post.......what if we DO want to discuss the topic but the conversation has turned personal and or toxic? Stay quiet? Go away? Be as toxic as others? That's where the mods come in.

Right? Who knows?

Mick

Okay Mick. That's fair enough.
The answer is pretty simple.
I just ignore the people that are being toxic.
There is an ignore button if you go to their avatar.
Have you noticed that they aren't really discussing the topic?
Inevitably one of their peers will step in and take care of them.
It's noise, like in a recording studio, so you filter it out.
After they appear to be getting reasonable again, you can un-ignore them.
I give people 2nd 3rd 4th 5th chances.
Maybe it was time for both of us to chill, and it wasn't all their fault.
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of making up accusations.

Okay Mick. That's fair enough.
The answer is pretty simple.
I just ignore the people that are being toxic.
There is an ignore button if you go to their avatar.
Have you noticed that they aren't really discussing the topic?
Inevitably one of their peers will step in and take care of them.
It's noise, like in a recording studio, so you filter it out.
After they appear to be getting reasonable again, you can un-ignore them.
I give people 2nd 3rd 4th 5th chances.
Maybe it was time for both of us to chill, and it wasn't all their fault.
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of making up accusations.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 The most toxic poster on the site is offended by “toxic people.” 🙄 Your souls purpose for posting here is to insult anyone who doesn’t share your views. Every single post you’ve made has been toxic and designed to provoke your political opposition. If they really wanted to get this issue under control, banning you from the site would probably do it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 The most toxic poster on the site is offended by “toxic people.” 🙄 Your souls purpose for posting here is to insult anyone who doesn’t share your views. Every single post you’ve made has been toxic and designed to provoke your political opposition. If they really wanted to get this issue under control, banning you from the site would probably do it.
Yeah, even if I agreed with everything he’s posting, he’s just flaming, and I hate that.

It's all fine and dandy until they come for you. :laughings:

Yo, sup. How was the show, and the hike?

Dude, they never come for me, ever. I check my ignore list just to make sure there hasn't been some kind of mistake. The sad and unfortunate conclusion, nobody likes me. You're my onliest friend, and with friends like you...

🥺

Hell, instead of belly aching maybe start a damn discussion every once in a while. I mean, if you know what we shouldn't be talking about, surely you know what we should be talking about, yeah? Sure, music/recording, but there is more to life than music, and a well rounded forum recognizes that fact. I come here and there's very little going on, a "political" thread is started and it hits 7 pages in a couple of days? Does it really give you the sadz?

I'm afraid so, Mick. Ditto from here.
I wish I could make someone happy...
Maybe a song and dance would cheer up some people.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 The most toxic poster on the site is offended by “toxic people.” 🙄 Your souls purpose for posting here is to insult anyone who doesn’t share your views.
...and it seems like your sole purpose is to listen.
So here you are again.
Seriously dude, do I have that much control over you?
Try the ignore button. There are plenty of other threads in this forum.

Last edited:
Back