I've been SKUNKED! Oh No!!!!!!!!

TAE

All you have is now
Dang! A family of skunks ( I think) burrowed their way under my 50's raised foundation house..I keep covering up the hole...they keep digging it out
Don't want to kill the little bastards and don't want to get sprayed but they can't hang there it just ain't going to workout...

I've only seen one BIG one sliding into the hole in the early morning but I am suspecting it's a whole family cause it's spring and this is what they do..

I've read they will leave in a few weeks but I am not so sure I believe that...

I placed moth balls by the entrance last night and "they" say that is supposed to make them want to get out of dodge but I guess I'll have to wait n see..

Suggestions / advice ?

It damn sure ain't a skunk or a whole dang family of them under the house sized problem, but I have a big fat groundhog down in the woods. Big fat rascal, or rascalette. From what I've read a rag saturated in dog or coyote urine might make them seek more hospitable accomodations. The trick is following up real sneaky like to be johnny on the spot when they cock a leg. Of course I kid. I think you can order scent. Throw the rag in or near the hole. On the other hand, I hear tomato juice will neutralize the scent.....the scent if you get caught doing the dirty deed.

Last edited:
Well I'm trying the deadly moth balls...I had no idea how bad they are for us humans to breathe WTF? splains a lot of things...

I went to the 99 cent store and bought two bags..I set some at the entrance and about 4 in each crawl space vents so the wind will carry the stink all under the house. I opened the hole and stuffed it lightly with newspaper to make it easy for them to exit if they are so inclined...hoping the moth balls do the trick and then I'll cement that area up so this don't happen again...dang! The whole perimeter of the house is cement except for that crawl space where I brought all my utilities in underground about 30 years ago.... Have never had a pest problem until this little rat bastard entered my peaceful easy living life...

Now the house is going to stink like moth balls. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
This may be YOUR future.

Reactions: TAE
I come home from work one day and my wife would sometimes put a bag of trash outside the side door for me to throw in the truck.
I pick up the bag of trash and theres a tail sticking out of it. I recognize that tail and put it down and run in the house. After awhile I look
in the backyard and he is running around with the bag stuck on his head. After watching for awhile I was about to go outside and attempt
to get it off him when he finally got it off himself.

I like skunks, they get a bad rap, but I wouldn't want them living under my house.

Gotta tell ya, I'm in a stinky situation....

They laughed at the moth balls ...ya gotta be kidding they said...he thinks that little stinky smell is going to make us blow this plush resort.

So it looks like it / they could be trapped and I have the trap and thanks to youtube know how to trap em with out getting sprayed..Problem is I'm thinking it is a family with young ones that aren't ready to go into the world yet...dang I don't want to catch just the Dad or Mon and then release it over at the creek and seperate the family or create some orphans...

Gonna set up a blink camera close to the whole and see if I can figure out what I have .....doubting it is just one. to be continued...

Gotta tell ya, I'm in a stinky situation....

They laughed at the moth balls ...ya gotta be kidding they said...he thinks that little stinky smell is going to make us blow this plush resort.

So it looks like it / they could be trapped and I have the trap and thanks to youtube know how to trap em with out getting sprayed..Problem is I'm thinking it is a family with young ones that aren't ready to go into the world yet...dang I don't want to catch just the Dad or Mon and then release it over at the creek and seperate the family or create some orphans...

Gonna set up a blink camera close to the whole and see if I can figure out what I have .....doubting it is just one. to be continued...
Good plan. Can’t split the family. I’ve heard somewhere that they move along on they’re own in a fairly short amount of time. Uh can’t guarantee though

A quarter teaspoon of C4 might help.
Do you own a pellet rifle? If yes, load it with alloy pellets and take 'em out one at a time. Sit there all day, waiting like a cat.

They can be great pets if you de-sent them.

Imagine that. TAE walking down the street with his skunk pack. NO ONE will fuck with you!
Scarier than a couple of Pit Bulls. :LOL:

They can be great pets if you de-sent them.

Imagine that. TAE walking down the street with his skunk pack. NO ONE will fuck with you!
Scarier than a couple of Pit Bulls. :LOL:
I knew a kid who had one as a pet and you are right. They are very docile and eat berries and grubs. My understanding is they are very easy to care for but de-senting is a must. But they don't spray unless they feel threatened.

@TAE , don't be a bully ;)

A quarter teaspoon of C4 might help.
Do you own a pellet rifle? If yes, load it with alloy pellets and take 'em out one at a time. Sit there all day, waiting like a cat.

Nah live n let live unless I am fearing for mine or my loved ones lives. I do own a few guns including a couple nice pellet guns but that could be a problem. Last thing I want to do is having them spray that stink under my house...that smell stays for a Looooooong time and me no likey that smell.

Nah live n let live unless I am fearing for mine or my loved ones lives. I do own a few guns including a couple nice pellet guns but that could be a problem. Last thing I want to do is having them spray that stink under my house...that smell stays for a Looooooong time and me no likey that smell.

Back