I've been SKUNKED! Oh No!!!!!!!!

I may have missed it, how did you determine she has young ones under there?
I blocked off the entrance and that poor girl nearly killed herself trying to get in...I realized at that point there is no way she would have fought so hard to try and get back in so I unblocked and the waiting game began.....

Update last night they came out but did not leave..7 maybe 8 babies.. remember this is a crawl space so not real easy to get out. I already laid out some river rock to make it "easy"

Anyways she shooed them back in and left,,,,then they all came out and were scurrying around down in the crawlspace area...Mama came and pushed em back under the house. I'm giving here another week to leave on her own...I suspect she will take them out for their first walk on the wild side soon but I want to make sure she has found another shack / safe place before giving her the boot. At least 7 maybe 8 dang! Cute little stinkers ;)

I blocked off the entrance and that poor girl nearly killed herself trying to get in...I realized at that point there is no way she would have fought so hard to try and get back in so I unblocked and the waiting game began.....

Update last night they came out but did not leave..7 maybe 8 babies.. remember this is a crawl space so not real easy to get out. I already laid out some river rock to make it "easy"

Anyways she shooed them back in and left,,,,then they all came out and were scurrying around down in the crawlspace area...Mama came and pushed em back under the house. I'm giving here another week to leave on her own...I suspect she will take them out for their first walk on the wild side soon but I want to make sure she has found another shack / safe place before giving her the boot. At least 7 maybe 8 dang! Cute little stinkers ;)

You must be quite the proud father.

You must be quite the proud father.
Ya know watching these little stinkers emerge and moving out leaves a nice yet bittersweet feeling in my heart. After reviewing yesterdays video again I realized this was not a test run this was moving out day. At least 7 little stinkers there. Towards the end I saw Mama drop down in and then two runts follow her. Viewing on the phone it looked like she was shooing them back under but on the computer monitor it appears she was lifting them back out....Crazy Thinking of 7 little skunks running around my neighborhood I realize it is a rough dangerous world out there and not all will get to live a long life...Have no idea where they are going to set up residence but I wish them well as long as it isn't on my property anymore...Next time I smell a skunk in the neighborhood it will come with a completely different train of thought. Ah there's one of my kids :laughings:

I just returned to this saga. What is the final outcome, I take it they have move on? They are cute little buggers.

Reactions: TAE
I just returned to this saga. What is the final outcome, I take it they have move on? They are cute little buggers.
Yeah that last video here was moving day for them ...Had to wait her out just about 6 weeks....In that video it's hilarious, I count 7 total but there may be more...The term herding cats comes to mind. She's trying to lift them out of the crawl space and they keep dropping back in ..They were cute and I'm glad I didn't have to kill them or get skunked in the process...I have to go under the house at some point and clean the mess from her nest up but I am waiting...I have sealed off the crawl space so this never happens again...The gift that keeps on giving...about a week after they left all of a sudden the wife an I are getting eaten alive by fleas in our house WTF? We don't have any pets. I deduced that after she left the fleas probably in the nest got hungry and found their way up through the 1 x 6 floor boards and into our carpet somnabitch! We happened to be taking a week vacation so I just dusted all the carpet with flea powder and left the house...Came back vacuumed up the powder no mo fleas...dang!

Back