It's time for a new car

Supercreep

Lizard People
I understand there is a new Camaro out in the Fall. I can't get the stingray because I'm a faggot, but the 2SS has the same suspension stock, I think.

Any strong opinions about the new Camaro?

Any strong opinions about the new Camaro?

Opinions from HR about a Camaro? This was the last Camaro that existed to these guys.
chevrolet-camaro-1976-1.jpg

The 73 was a great year, for sure.

I rent Camaros every-so-often. Fun to drive, but huge blind spots everywhere. I clipped a parked car in LA a few months ago because of them. :mad:

Its a wankers car for sure.

Every time I see a chellenger or camaro on the road I laugh a little, stupid cars :)

Yeah blind spots suck. I have a truck so I can see pretty much everything. But my wife's Escape is a pain - especially trying to look out the back window around the stupid foot high headrest.

Yeah blind spots suck. I have a truck so I can see pretty much everything. But my wife's Escape is a pain - especially trying to look out the back window around the stupid foot high headrest.

the new SUVs are a nightmare...they all copied the rogue and turned into these hybrid crossover nonsense...the old escape was great. Ive got surround cameras etc, Id be ploughing into traffic otherwise

I laugh at sean penn too..ha ha!

Buy a grown up car, have you ever owned an alpha romeo? Everyone should own an alpha romeo at some point...as long as they have breakdown recovery.

I have to disagree with that, trucks have huge blind spots. While you can look down on traffic, because you're so high a lot of times you can't see a car that's right along side you. That being said, once you get used to sitting up high and looking down it's sucks being down low.

If I were in the market I'd prefer a Challenger.

Challengers and Camaros are very cool cars, but they are designed for young folks. I don't laugh at Camaros, I laugh at the old fats that are driving them. 60 year olds driving camaros and challangers are as funny as shirtless 60 year olds fronting rock bands. (Iggy pop for instance)
Lol
That being said....
If I wanted a camaro and had the money to get one, I would get the damn thing no matter who thought it was funny...even if I was 85 years old. (I guess you're supposed to say "years young" at that point when you old as dinosaur shit.)
I would put a system in there that had a sub so it would do that annoying *BOOM BOOM DA BOOM!!!!" going down the road....so I would really look like a foolish old coot.
I would flip the bird to gawkers and burn some fuckin' rubber in their face.

The 2016 Camaro is sweet. Take it you're not a mustang fan...the 2016 pony has a 435 HP 5.0 vs the 455 hp 6.whatever. Both available in convertible. Both available with 6 speed/paddles or 6 speed auto. Both probably very fun to drive. :) Not much of a Challenger fan...well, the hellcat is supposed to have 700+HP. Could be sweet.

In general it should be a pretty awesome car. It's built on the Cadillac ATS platform - which everyone is raving about. It is not the same as a Vette. The good thing is it doesn't come with Cadillac's insanely terrible CUE interface - which ought to be a deal breaker for any prospective Cadillac buyer. I just spent 10 hours driving a 2015 Escalade. Very nice SUV but the computer is 10 levels beyond stupid. The Chevy interface is exponentially better IMO - assuming it is similar to what I have in my SS.

The 2016 Camaro also comes with a proven engine in the LT1 and magnetic ride control - which is a pretty bad ass technology when applied properly (Chevy did it right in Corvettes but in the 2015 SS it was useless).

Buyer beware buying an American model in the first year of its run. American car companies are notorious for not having as robust quality control and working out kinks in year 2 or 3 after cars hit the market. Things have been better in recent years though.

Back