It's a damn Spectacle!

So continuing on I was listening to a John Lennon interview about the release of Abbey Road and he mentions how their songs are covered so quickly and then plugged a band I was unaware of ( it appears the were Apple owned) called Trash..( he referred to them as White Trash) and that they had covered Golden Slumbers..

Well I googled and here it is....

Pretty appleish

Last edited:
The Beatles.................Apple.................That can only mean on thing.......... A great band which started off with such high hopes and some great music, but ended so tragically and an example of when things go wrong in the music industry.

Badfinger.

Reactions: TAE
Yeah Snowman, thats what I say.

You listen to Badfinger above, and then that Billie girl. Billies voice is weak and breathy. Like they have no idea what great singers sound like.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TAE
I don't usually say this, but I will. That's AWFUL in every way, shape and form. Simply HORRIBLE.
Every great song, every great performer has to start somewhere. @ 2:50 in this video they are a bit older and for me I can see "it" ..if you don't, you don't and that's cool cause what is "good" when it comes to music is VERY subjective. This said I have had the pleasure and opportunity of listening to a ton of Beatles "basement tapes" or studio out takes where Lennon especially is experimenting. If one were to be walking by and not know it was John Lennon playing such tunes on a street corner, they would probably just keep walking and not think much of it because it sure didn't sound like what became the end product. Listening to those rough raw recordings sure gave me encouragement to keep swinging the bat at songwriting and singing. Billie and Finneas figured out how to make a noise that a very large sector of the music listening / buying public enjoys. Surely they have no reason to lose much sleep over those who don't like what they do. Like Bob Dylan once said money don't talk, it swears... Music isn't a competition but they have had more commercial success in their tiny window of time on this planet than any of us here on this BBS have had in our old ass lives. They're doing something right. After all is said and done, it is the results that count.

Yeah Snowman, thats what I say.

You listen to Badfinger above, and then that Billie girl. Billies voice is weak and breathy. Like they have no idea what great singers sound like.
IMO comparing the singing of Badfinger to Billie ( Implying he is a great singer and she isn't) is like comparing Sinatra to Blondie... two very different styles in two very different generations and genre's of music. Why can't everything be like it was in the good old days? A grandchild never once said to a grandparent :laughings:

As a bunch of old farts I suppose we can all agree this is kick ass... and yes that is a SM58 he is singing into...impossible!

Why can't everything be like it was in the good old days?
At least Katy Perry, was fine. She had a nice big ass and sexy switch. I could believe she fell in love, and took a tumble. Ellish , no way. Not experienced enough to sing about life's enigmas.

This is why, they get too lame.

Last edited:
Back