It needs to be said

60's guy

that politics is at times a constant invasive intrusion into everyone's life here and everywhere.

RFR's "Music I Like" thread is awesome!

However, on many occasions whenever I delve into the YouTube universe in search of music videos......

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! Many of the videos I wanted to watch were preceded by a commercial video of CT Governor Ned Lamont who is currently up for re-election.

Seriously???? WTF is going on at YouTube other than the fact that........never mind. It's quite clear what is happening at YouTube.

Regardless of the fact that political differences of opinion may have caused friction between HR members....... the difference of opinions were being dicussed, for the most part in civil manner.

I have to laugh at the Jingles thread. Congrats to Kay Adu and Pip2012!

Are you Chinese, North Korean?

It's pretty clear that HR is no longer a safe site.

There’s no safe place on all of God’s green earth. :D

One of YouTube’s functions is to divert attention.

I kind of assumed the Youtube ads were targeted to countries, rather than states - but I suppose to generate any response they need to hit the right people. However, here, I've not ever had a YouTube politics advert. Considering our recent change of Prime Minister, that's a bit strange - so maybe it shows how much money political businesses, because that's what they have become, have to spread around - sort of seeding money?

Forget the Chinese and the North Koreans, look to Russia. Putin's in deep doo doo now and for once, I'm starting to worry he will do something even more crazy. In truth, he probably owns YouTube.

Really. What is at risk?

Targeting what on youtube?

The world the people on the news talk about, is only real when the cameras are on..

So what is this? My data...dont let them know where youve been. Have you tried selling that data to someone..They dont care where you were on Thurs night. You cannot get a quarter for the 'last book you read' ..who wants this information, do they know I will sell it direct?

that politics is at times a constant invasive intrusion into everyone's life here and everywhere.

However, on many occasions whenever I delve into the YouTube universe in search of music videos......

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! Many of the videos I wanted to watch were preceded by a commercial video of CT Governor Ned Lamont who is currently up for re-election.

Seriously???? WTF is going on at YouTube other than the fact that........never mind. It's quite clear what is happening at YouTube.

Regardless of the fact that political differences of opinion may have caused friction between HR members....... the difference of opinions were being dicussed, for the most part in civil manner.

I never see a commercial on you tube?

Impossible to ‘never’ see a commercial unless you have Youtube premium.
I run Linux OS browsing with fire fox with ad blockers and I may see an ad a week maybe? I see them so rarely they come as a surprise.

Reactions: RFR

Guess we're both in CT, eh? I keep seeing stupid frickin' Paul Crisco (or something) nonsense ads... can't escape the bullshit.

I'm in New Hampshire, so I get anti-Maggie Hassan ads sponsored by various Republican party committees. On Youtube AND YoutubeTV. Of course as typical from that party, it's always "Democrat = BAD", never "here's what our candidate (un-named in the ads) will do for you".

On my PC I sometimes see ads, on my phone I never see ads but using the youtube app on my smart TV has LOADS of ads. Some political and some not. I don't know of there is any way around that.

Back