Intermix Thread

mark de berard

Toying with the idea of having members submit songs for me to mix and allow me to interpret the production/mix elements.

How i think it will work...

First, submit an mp3 mix of a song ( thats yours )
Ill choose one that takes my fancy , then ask you to supply me a link for track downloads 44.1/24 bit lossless wav.
No more than 20 stems please ... or if i really like the song we can bend that rule a tad...
Please export mono source instruments as mono files without eq/comps or fx.
Ill mix it and submit the mix here for discussion.
For Mac users please ensure that there are no " J Son " files in your submission.
And lastly , dont be shy :0) we are all here to learn as im know ill be learning just as much from you !

Discussion will include How To's , What did you do to get that ? etc. , and anything else you care to ask. Ill be frank and detailed about it.

Goal : for me atm im refurbishing my studio and thats gonna take a few months to get done , in the mean time i have a temporary set up in another room that i want to use to further my mixing abilities, use of new and old outboard ( analog ) equipment, make friends and enter discussion that helps beginners to intermediate grasp mixing /mastering /production/comps, eq, balance, panning, fx and anything else thats worth discussing.

Some house keeping : Please be polite/kind about peoples songs.
You may critique /question my work as harshly as possible , i love criticism .. so long as its done in a respectful way and is not venting and so long as its leading to a place where other members can benefit.

NOTE : Your song may turn out sounding wildly different to how it was submitted. If we like the result you grant me permission to put it up on my soundcloud. If you like the result ( of your song ) ill send you an mp3 to do with what you please.

Gear ill be using :

Cubase
Midas M32
Waves Platinum
Yamaha HS7's
Jamo 626's
Various Izotope and Kush plugs
Analog Gear : Modified Aphex Studio Dominator 700 ( modded by dave peach )
SPL Vitalizer MkII Tube
Orban 418a Stereo Comp
UBK Treaker
DOD 908 r
Drawmer Dl441 quad comp

Look forward to hearing your submissions :0)

First off welcome to HR.com

Cool idea and offer...don't really have anything for ya at the moment but hopefully some others will ...

I've been lazy and only doing one shot live stuff...But I do have this old one I did using Reaper that I think I still have the raw tracks to if you were interested in messing with it. Did you hear the one?

Cool idea and offer...don't really have anything for ya at the moment but hopefully some others will ...

I've been lazy and only doing one shot live stuff...But I do have this old one I did using Reaper that I think I still have the raw tracks to if you were interested in messing with it. Did you hear the one?
Absolutely ! send it on through when you can , ive already got a track im doing in this style for a friend but wont be able to release anything till they give the green light.

Either way it should be a fun thread to interact with , and when i post stuff for show and tell ill leave slight imperfections as part of the journey for talking points.

Cheers

I could send you tons of Cubase projects for you to experiment with that I have produced and have been released.
The problem is they would all be other peoples music and they own the rights. You would not be able to share your mixes of them on a platform.
You could play with one and have the experience, but I doubt any of the artists/bands I work for would want a different mix floating about...

Hey Jimmy , thanks for the consideration :0) I think for the purposes of this thread it would be better for members to post their own tracks.. that way we can enter discusstion and learn from each other.

hey TAE , sorry for the late replay but i only just saw your link to the song , and i really like it , love atmos / floaty music , very relaxing. But im gonna have to renig on my initial offer as im getting busy again with the new set up. Studio is still a long way from being finished but i gots my sea legs now :0) Regardless still happy to help people with questions and advice as im sure ill be asking advise as well and learning from yall

Reactions: TAE
Back