I tell ya, I get no respect!

Frickin Sam and Rodney I love Sam such a tragic yet mystical ending.

Ages ago, I was just cruising along doing just a bit over the speed limit on the 101 freeway in Los Angeles.
A British Racing green Jaguar was on my ASS!
You know the type, they ride your ass in an effort to get you to speed up to make them happy.
Well, I bow for no man and am not willing to take a ticket for some jerk behind me that wants to do ninety.
Don’t get me wrong, I love driving fast, but there’s plenty of roads where it’s appropriate. Just don’t choose to do it on an LA freeway.

Anyway, finally Mr Dickhead behind me finds a gap in the next lane to pass me.
He passes, while blaring his horn and flipping me off.

I burst out laughing. I just got flipped off by Rodney Dangerfield! :LOL:

Now tell me..... who in that situation got no respect? Him or me? :D

Ages ago, I was just cruising along doing just a bit over the speed limit on the 101 freeway in Los Angeles.
You know the type, they ride your ass in an effort to get you to speed up to make them happy.
Well, I bow for no man and am not willing to take a ticket for some jerk behind me that wants to do ninety.
Don’t get me wrong, I love driving fast, but there’s plenty of roads where it’s appropriate. Just don’t choose to do it on an LA freeway.

You must be the only person in LA county to drive "a little over the speed limit". Every time I drive there it's a complete free for all!

You must be the only person in LA county to drive "a little over the speed limit". Every time I drive there it's a complete free for all!
Haven’t gotten a speeding ticket for over 40 years. Now you know why. 5mph over the posted limit is good for me. I let everyone else be the ‘shark bait’ :D

Haven’t gotten a speeding ticket for over 40 years. Now you know why. 5mph over the posted limit is good for me. I let everyone else be the ‘shark bait’ :D
I have had a license for 54 years and have never received a speeding ticket.

Reactions: TAE

you wouldn't pull over an let him pass, you showed no respect to the man.
I just watched all of it, it never fails.

Last edited:
I have had a license for 54 years and have never received a speeding ticket.
Me n Rodney are kindred spirits..I'm a bit crazy like that. Yeah I have a lead foot...tickets uh yeah...I've had a few...too many ;) Keep in mind I started out at 15 1/2 with a 59 ford fairlane galaxy ...it hauled ass..At 16 first ticket in it for going 85 over Kellogg Hill, The motor cop estimated I was going close to 100 but told me he was writing it for 85 or he'd have to take me in...Dam!
Well then the tranny went out and I needed wheels to get to work...enter a 1965 GTO with a 389 tri power engine, muncie 4 speed, 390 posi-traction rear end..3/4 sig erson racing cam...some friends would not get in the car with me. It was a bit fast...second day I owned it I was at Irwindale speedway racing money bracket....that was fun...well I got a ticket or two and was still a juvenile. The judge seeing the repeat offender shit in a GTO decided to give this dumb ass 17 year old a BIG spankin...license suspended for 6 freekin months.
That was painful..that beauty of a beast locked in my parents garage while I'm making both payments on the car and paying for insurance because it was financed. KInd of funny though..there it was parked in the garage and a few local chicks would come and hang out with me listening to the awesome Muntz 8 track and .....good memories..

Well sadly I am a dumb ass and a rule breaker so over the years I have had a litany of tickets in my life. Not so much these last 15 years. Fortunately never been or caused an accident in doing so but that would suck. I'm a lot more reserved these days but I still hate the rules. If I'm at a left hand turn light and there are no cars coming and I don't see a cop. I'm going..screw that shit. I motor @ 80/ 85 on the freeways most often and for sure 85 on speed control when going to Vegas.. So the 10 , 210, 57 and 605 freeways all have @ 4 lanes most often the slow lanes are called slow lanes for a reason. The #1 lane is the fast lane for those that choose to go fast. I have no problem with someone like RFR who chooses 5 MPH as the max they want to go being in the #1.. I do get annoyed at the ones who only go the speed limit in the #1 when there are 3 other lanes they could be doing that speed in. Another thing that is a thing is the guy who is going 70 or so in the #1 lane 65 speed zone and then I get the opening and want to pass him...oh no then the mutha sucka decides to speed up. Sometimes even 10 or 15 miles an hour faster to try and stop me from passing them...the bird would fly back in the day , now I just drive by and give a a WTF? look at em as I eventually blow by them. That actually happens way more than one would think...it might not even be conscious thing just the competitive nature of the beast we all are.

you wouldn't pull over an let him pass, you showed no respect to the man.
I just watched all of it, it never fails.
Didn’t occur to you I might have been in the very first lane? I should treat him as if he were a cop or ambulance and pull over into the emergency lane?

Didn’t occur to you I might have been in the very first lane? I should treat him as if he were a cop or ambulance and pull over into the emergency lane?
You're talking Rodney. You shouldn't even have been on the same road.

• Haha
Reactions: RFR
My mom never breast fed me, she said she liked me as a friend. :laughings: classic

Rodney Dangerfield was a good dude. Word is he helped get a lot of young standup guys on their feet....a lot of standup guys on their feet.

I think the guy who flipped you off is the one who got disrespected. You did not give him what he wanted. You are a free bird, sir

In the N.E. we call them rabbits as in the mechanical rabbits the greyhounds chase. We know as soon as they go by we can kick it up a notch
because we are not going to be the one getting snared. I used to drive the Taconic State Parkway for 28 miles every day to work for 8 years. I knew
every cop hideout. It was fun to watch them blow by me knowing I will be catching up to them at such and such a mile marker in a few minutes if
the coppers were there at the time, and they usually were.

Back