How is your financial portfolio?

Damn, had I been at the track, I would have put $2 across the board on my namesake just for fun... and cashed out to the tune of about $265!!!!! That would provide a bit of spending money! Hunch bets so rarely pay off!

What is this financial portfolio you speak of? :oops:

Yeah I was a self employed Tile setter for the first 20 years of marriage and we barely made it by but made it by almost zero investing or IRA's or anything in that realm...The wife worked at a bank and we got some stock options. Interest rates were mentioned here..we bought our first home in 1983 the rates were @ 18% $60K house and by the time it would have been paid off 30 years later the total we would have paid for the $55K we were borrowing was over 1/4 Million...yeah that made me gulp when we signed the papers but we got in..learned about being able to write off the interest which was huge and got the biggest tax refund we ever got. Flash forward to today we have a small amount of money stashed in IRA's and Roth Ira's and some Bank stock that the wife bought when she was working...total is surely under $150K ,,,the house is paid off and worth @ $700K it cost about $4K a month to live our middle class, coupon clipping OK with me life ..with utilities, birthday and Christmas gifts, health, house and auto insurance all included. At 68 waiting till 70 to start the SSI...should be @ 3K a month then...Have money coming in through my biz but that could end anytime...hustling other income streams..I know I should be investing that money sitting in the IRA's but just haven't made the time to due the due diligence thing.. Long as I'm able I'll keep working...hopefully get some jammin n golfing squeezed in as I move forward.

What's this? my gasoline stock has a 100% return in one year... saweeet.
Orange man bad wouldn't play the game. He had to go.
thank ya Joe. Where do I send my donation? :love: :love: :love:

USGF_5_15_22.png

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that you have lost so much money this year. I hope that you are doing okay and that you will be able to recover from your losses. I also hope that you continue to earn money, as it is important to have a steady income. Keep your head up and stay positive!

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation

You're musicians. You're not supposed to have money. You'd just waste it anyway.

Just live off the glow of occasional applause, like you're supposed to.

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
You're musicians. You're not supposed to have money. You'd just waste it anyway.

Just live off the glow of occasional applause, like you're supposed to.
^ This. I'm so convinced of it, I'm recording this weekend.

Back