Grace Slick Had It Right

Robert always reminds me in his later years as some mad old Granny who cant see properly to put her make-up on. I think that look has gone well past it's sell-by date.

Robert always reminds me in his later years as some mad old Granny who cant see properly to put her make-up on. I think that look has gone well past it's sell-by date.
I understand that many rock stars never change their appearance when that's part of their persona. That's the face of a horror film psycho. How do you go out in public like that?

Nina Hagen is 66 and still dresses outrageously. But, her face has perfect structure. You can tell she's old. But, she doesn't look like a demented freak, only like the freak she is. I love her.

:-) I can still hear the words of one of my bosses at work all those years ago...... "Who wants to sing a song about 99 balloons for fu**s sake!"

:-) I can still hear the words of one of my bosses at work all those years ago...... "Who wants to sing a song about 99 balloons for fu**s sake!"
99 Luftballoons is NENA. This is Nina Hagen, a punk goddess. My favorite album by her is NunSexMonkRock. NUN - SEX - MONK - ROCK. She appeared on David Letterman and frightened the audience, from her strangeness. I couldn't understand why they would bring her on. It turns out Paul Schaeffer played keyboards on that album.

She's a acquired taste. If you really listen, it's all her voice. While the video is certainly dated. She's all the characters. She's also an opera singer. She was so famous in Germany, she was in the school books.

My mistake then.........never heard of her anyway..........that song is like a nightmare.

99 Luft Baloons...Very cool song ...almost as cool as a few others of that place and space in time...

And this epic adventure into uncharted waters... I want my MTV

This is Nina Hagen, a punk goddess.
It's pretty interestingly weird...a little punkish alice cooperish...terrible lip syncing in the video ...maybe the worst in the history of lip syncing ;)
I think David lee Roth wins the prize for most costume changes in a rock video with @ 14 changes in a single video equally bad lip syncing in his Just a Gigolo
video....I love this one... Gee Dave you got charisma!

Strange, weird or just continuing the stuff of nightmares. From way back in the early 70's.

99 Luft Baloons...Very cool song ...almost as cool as a few others of that place and space in time...

And this epic adventure into uncharted waters... I want my MTV

Both those songs were really good. My dead friend LOVED Relax. He would listen to it for hours on end.

I was never a Van Halen or DLR fan. I remember that video though.

Never heard of The Alex Harvey Band but ...I would have dug them back in the day...and me likey now! I'll have to explore them a little more...Guess they didn't get American airplay...and there was no internets for the general public back in the day...

Heading down the road of cool but mostly unknown...Kevin Ayers Loved The Confessions of Dr. Dream... At @ 12 minutes Why are we sleeping the absolute best version......Bad ass!

Never heard of The Alex Harvey Band but ...I would have dug them back in the day...and me likey now! I'll have to explore them a little more...Guess they didn't get American airplay...and there was no internets for the general public back in the day...
Another little strange ditty of theirs.

More nightmare stuff. Did you have these in America? One of the best British bands of the 90's new music.

Back