Good films?

I think pretty much everything they depicted happened. Been reading through the book, but I'm not done with it yet. Matches up pretty well. I enjoyed that movie too, as much as I could I guess considering the sad ending.
I really enjoyed the movie, although I couldn't imagine doing what those guys did over there....And it's pretty sad he was killed by someone he was trying to help...

Another movie in the same genre I've watched was Lone Survivor, but I didn't care for it as much as American Sniper...

I really enjoyed the movie, although I couldn't imagine doing what those guys did over there....And it's pretty sad he was killed by someone he was trying to help...

Another movie in the same genre I've watched was Lone Survivor, but I didn't care for it as much as American Sniper...

Yeah I saw that one too. Didn't like it nearly as much as American Sniper either! Wahlberg is good in action stuff, but there was just too much impossible stuff happening in that one to take it seriously lol

Watched American Sniper last night, & thought it was a great movie...I have no idea how much that was in the movie actually happened, but I thought this was one of the better movies I've saw in a while...

Anyone else saw this???

The only thing I found Hollywood on that movie was the sandstorm thing and the 2 mile snipe. Other than that, I thought it was straight up. Left out a lot of the book, but you can only fit so much in a movie.

Definitely gonna purchase that one.

Watched Rudderless recently. I really enjoyed it. William Macy (Fargo) directed and it was one of those movies where the story directed the movie and the director only needed to sit back and take the credit. Of course, Macy wrote the story too, so his credit is legit.

The only thing I found Hollywood on that movie was the sandstorm thing and the 2 mile snipe. Other than that, I thought it was straight up. Left out a lot of the book, but you can only fit so much in a movie.

Definitely gonna purchase that one.
The movie got so much publicity over his death/controversy/whatever, I'd been wanting to see it for a while....Bought it for like $14 or something while I was out yesterday...

I think it's really a shame what happened to him though, he made it through all that shit in the war, then get popped by someone he was trying to help...

I did read that the goverment had to clear pretty much everything they put in that movie, so it really makes me wonder what all kinds of shit those guys really had to do while they were over there...Gives me a completely different perspective on a lot of things too...

The movie got so much publicity over his death/controversy/whatever, I'd been wanting to see it for a while....Bought it for like $14 or something while I was out yesterday...

I took my son to see it when it was in the theatres. Just to give him some perspective of the sacrifices our military folk make to maintain what freedoms we have left. It wasn't any kind of epiphany for him, but maybe it planted a seed. A few months later, he said he was considering go into the navy to serve on subs like his old man. I hope he does better than that!! :)

Check out Filmage - The Story of Descendents/All. Good film. Sorry if that's already mentioned somewhere in this 100's of pages long thread :)

I took my son to see it when it was in the theatres. Just to give him some perspective of the sacrifices our military folk make to maintain what freedoms we have left. It wasn't any kind of epiphany for him, but maybe it planted a seed. A few months later, he said he was considering go into the navy to serve on subs like his old man. I hope he does better than that!! :)

In recent years, I've came to have a lot more respect & appreciation for our military (thanks man!!!), they sacrifice everything for us here at home, literally...Pretty sad that a lot of people who live here in this country really don't have a damn clue about it and/or don't care either...

Spent the day watching "Hatfields & McCoys", the little mini-series that was on the History channel a couple/few years ago with Kevin Costner. I've seen it a bunch of times, but being a hillbilly (I live probably a 2-3 hour drive from where that really took place), me & the girlfriend just made a day of it, had some steak & watched some hillbillies kill one another, what a day.....:laughings:.

In recent years, I've came to have a lot more respect & appreciation for our military (thanks man!!!), they sacrifice everything for us here at home, literally...Pretty sad that a lot of people who live here in this country really don't have a damn clue about it and/or don't care either...

It's good that you're grateful, but you're mistaken about the sacrifice thing. They die, yeah that's right. You die too, and that's right. You sacrifice everything. I die too. What's the difference? You can go looking for ideas to refute that, but if you're honest you're not going to find them.

I liked Mad Max...he's created a good universe to build on. My favourite was the first film but at least Fury Road had enough of a vibe of Mad Max 2 to be entertaining.

I didnt like American Sniper. If it was going to be a true story they shouldnt have embellished it. Hard to believe countries produce such patriots, I hate dumb patriotism...but thats for another forum ;)

It's good that you're grateful, but you're mistaken about the sacrifice thing. They die, yeah that's right. You die too, and that's right. You sacrifice everything. I die too. What's the difference? You can go looking for ideas to refute that, but if you're honest you're not going to find them.

Ummm, the reasons they die???

God has a hard-on for Marines... because we kill everything we see. In return for such power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls.

Harman.jpg

I liked Mad Max...he's created a good universe to build on. My favourite was the first film but at least Fury Road had enough of a vibe of Mad Max 2 to be entertaining.

I didnt like American Sniper. If it was going to be a true story they shouldnt have embellished it. Hard to believe countries produce such patriots, I hate dumb patriotism...but thats for another forum ;)

I liked Mad Max too, but I don't get why a lot of people are getting super-hyped about it. I heard someone say it was "the greatest action movie of the 2000's, and one of the greatest ever" the other day. I thought it was solid and enjoyable, but definitely not the greatest thing I've ever watched lol.

I liked Mad Max too, but I don't get why a lot of people are getting super-hyped about it. I heard someone say it was "the greatest action movie of the 2000's, and one of the greatest ever" the other day. I thought it was solid and enjoyable, but definitely not the greatest thing I've ever watched lol.

yeah I read a review saying that this was the film all action films should be held up too

dunno, I thought Max was a bit too Mad...in the Gibson movies theres more Max than Mad and theyre better for it. The plot had a pretty predictable ending. There was a lot said about stunts when most of its green screen....But it was solid, I love Hardy as an actor so if it opened a franchise of movies Id be happy...but the first one is the jewel, it had the biggest profit ratio of any movie until the Blair witch.

Films I've watched recently.....

Chappie 2015

Not a bad little film but a whole lot less than what I expected. Interesting idea for a film but the cast let it down for me personally. Not that I didn't enjoy it, though I wouldn't watch it again.

Project Almanac 2014

I thought this was a really good little indie film. The cast were pretty good for a bunch of unknown "kids" in this time travel film. I wasn't expecting much from it but it was a lot better than some.

Let's Kill Ward's Wife 2014

It was a bit pants to be honest. Passed an hour or so but wasn't anything special. It felt like a poor man's version of Very Bad Things.

Focus 2015

Not a fan of Will Smith by any stretch of the imagination but the wife likes him, hence watching the film. It was actually pretty good. Some interesting twists of the plot as the movie progresses although I could see the ending before it happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to watch Mad Max and Poltergeist this weekend. Both look pretty good. :thumbs up:

Back