Going to have to take an HR.com break ...to some degree

TAE

All you have is now
The Cave and Prime time have been a place for me to go hang out with whomever stops in and expounds upon their ignorance and bullshit for @ the last 22 years.
My Father in law loved hanging out in beer bars and I just didn't get it back then...every day man..weird ...but as I reflect on it now it was kind of like Cheers for him...everybody knew him , some loved him , some hated him, some tolerated him. He could be a real asshole, Funny, Crass, even endearing sometimes. It was his hangout.
'
This place is one of my cyber hangouts and I've found / made a lot of friends...a few enemies and surely expounded upon my own ignorance with the best of them here.

I realized the other day that I have spent a shit ton of my hours doing this and have no regrets but I am seeing my father in law in me hanging out at the bar wasting precious time that could have been spent so many other places.

I started my kitchen remodel the other day and I will be doing a large portion of the trade work myself. I need to be 100% focused on getting this damn torture test completed and gotta try and avoid getting distracted by things like HR.com, FB and such so for the next month or so I gotta try and stay away from here...It's gonna be hard so if you see me here just tell me to GET BACK TO WORK and get your kitchen done asshole...and BTW POIDH! So for those of you who give a shit, don't worry I'm alive n well just busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest kicking butt...and

I feel your pain... For the past week, I've been painting the remaining outside parts of the house (garage entrance, front porch, basement windows, etc.) I have to make sure NOT to sit down at the computer in the morning, or I easily get lost in cyberspace and things don't get done. Almost everything is done, thankfully. One more storm door to take off, and paint. Looks like Tuesday will be the best day. Things are getting cool and occasion showers this weekend.

Get on the stick, get this project going. You'll be glad when its all done.

We'll wait! :thumbs up:

Good luck with your remodel. I did my kitchen around 3 years ago. Fortunately, I didn’t do any of the work except for repainting. Still a major disruption. Nearly a month without a sink, stove, fridge, etc. And, of course, something always goes wrong. Luckily, for me, nothing that wasn’t ultimately fixable.

Have fun. :)

TAE, we already have the "Let me see your studio" thread.
It's the perfect time for a "Kitchen Rebuild" thread.
Just sayin

So nearing in on 30 days in the hole and shit is getting real today... Unlike a typical kitchen remodel where you are shit out of luck as far as having a kitchen to use during the remodel, because I'm in control and been to a few kitchen remodel rodeos before (100's) I took the EZ does it route cause I could. Because the kitchen is a full revamp with the sink, stove and fridge all going in completely different locations, I was able to leave the sink in and functioning all the way to now... Moved the fridge and stove (just added a long gas line to it) at the beginning into the dinning room area. So though definitely in disarray and dust n shit everywhere we have not been without any of these modern conveniences. Today my drywall guy is tearing down the old plaster ceilings in both the kitchen and dinning room areas. Big ass mess cause there's 68 years of re roofs shit and a shit ton of sprayed insulation up there...plus the plaster and plaster board itself. It will take him most of the day and then Tomco is back at it...They come back Monday to start hanging drywall...
My to do's before Monday morning ...Yikes!
  • Decommission current kitchen sink, tear out kitchen sink cabinet areas and paneling
  • Remove old sink plumbing and cap off
  • Plumb angle stops for Kitchen sink, Bathroom sink and water bib for the refrigerator
  • Run new Kitchen sink drain to tie into where the old sink drained to.
  • Layout and run the 6" spot Led ( thin ones, not canned) light wiring for both rooms
  • relocate and run two ac/ heater vents
  • Pressure wash / acid wash the brick fireplace
  • Hopefully set up a temporary sink and top
  • 5 hour practice with the band on Sunday...woo hoo! Shit Howdy!

Back