Fries or Onion rings?

Mmmm. Mozzarella. Marinara. But I got the rings this time.

In the small order of onion rings, they give ya like 4 rings in a tiny box. That's their small. Now if I got the large , you get a bag 1 foot deep, filled with crispy breaded onion rings. The car will reek from a large order for a week. Its is such a hard call. What to do..

I'm switch'n back to fries.

Onion rings. But they must be from the River Bottom Inn, Maukport IN.
Maukport? Hell, even I had to look that up! Why, that's just down the road apiece from Hog Wallow and Lickskillet!

Actually, I had no idea about them either, just saw them on the map, over in Eviltucky.

How does one happen upon Maukport, other than being born there or doing acid while driving?

And it depends on my mood, and what else I'm eating, and whre I'm at. Not every place has onion rings.

Man, now I want some onion rings! >:(

Maukport? Hell, even I had to look that up! Why, that's just down the road apiece from Hog Wallow and Lickskillet!

Actually, I had no idea about them either, just saw them on the map, over in Eviltucky.

How does one happen upon Maukport, other than being born there or doing acid while driving?
You happen upon Mauckport if you're lucky. Nice little get away place that has essentially nothing but a beer hall with really good food. River access is nice if you like to fish.

Eviltucky?? WTF??

If you're ever in upstate South Carolina, go to the Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg and get your sandwich "A-Plenty". You won't have to ask "fries or onion rings".

beacon-drive-in.jpg

So I love me some good onion rings, fried mushrooms, of course french fries but out here in Cali Fried Zucchini is a big thing that rocks pretty well...then if you can find then...OH DAMN! bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese...off the charts amazing..Most all of the Greek burger joints out here throw down HUGE portions of onion rings...This thread has made me hungry...

...but out here in Cali Fried Zucchini is a big thing that rocks pretty well...then if you can find then...
I used to drive a box truck around Southern California. I was always on the lookout for the cool lunch spots. There were still quite a few mom & pop charbroiler joints, the kind that Carl's Jr. was before it became a big chain. They usually had good fried zucchini.

Reactions: TAE
Back