For those of you that haven't seen this yet...

Pretty good sounding for not observing the 3 to 1 rule with the microphones.

Notice the old 7b right up straight in the middle.

Cool stuff... now I just need to find another 4 people...

Oh, wait... it's been done.

Clever little Canucks! A Gotye tune... nice Aussie lad.

It's a simple little ditty but if you want to see a cool video clip hunt down the original, I won't post it here.

Usta do something similar years ago between myself and an other guitarist on stage but it was with electric guitars on 11. Threw the guitars back and forth as well!
Those were the days.

Do you guys really think it's real? As in "live"? Obviously the vocals aren't, but I kinda assumed there was no frickin' way this was possible. I mean, aren't the chick (who barely looks like she's playing btw...) and the middle guy "playing" using the same strings?

Still looks cool though. And the guy in the middle has an awesome voice!

I mean, aren't the chick (who barely looks like she's playing btw...) and the middle guy "playing" using the same strings?

I just tried it on my guitar. As far as I can tell, the girl is playing the two middle strings and the middle guy is playing the two highest strings, so they aren't interfering with each other.

I think this entire thing is real. After watching some of these guy's other videos, I can see that they are all absolutely insanely great performers. With enough practice and patience, I think it is possible that these guys pulled this off live.

I rarely watch YT videos on forums - too ADD. But I actually enjoyed this. Tried their Party Rock Anthem - pretty effin cool ...

I just tried it on my guitar. As far as I can tell, the girl is playing the two middle strings and the middle guy is playing the two highest strings, so they aren't interfering with each other.

Doesn't he drop down to the G-string (giggle giggle :D) quite often during his riff though?

Even if the guitar is real, the vox are still overdubbed.

I can't seem to find a place where he does. Can you?

Hmmm...after another watch, (on a larger screen this time and with a louder volume!! :o) no! I really want to believe that they played it live, but I am just struggling with the sheer complexity of it all!

Help my unbelief :D

I mean, if the vocals are overdubbed (which I think they are...don't you?) then why wouldn't everything else be as well? IF the guitar part is live, then what...where they silently mouthing the words the whole time? I still think it's a track (a very good one at that ;)) That's what that band does on most of their other videos....appear to play it live but in reality they're just lip/instrument-syncing!

I think they used the 3 to 5 rule.

3 mics - 5 guitar players.

Yeah ..... which also helps with the debate of real live or not. I don't think they would have gotten the recording quality that they did if those microphones were all on at the same time.

Yeah ..... which also helps with the debate of real live or not. I don't think they would have gotten the recording quality that they did if those microphones were all on at the same time.

So do you think it was live? I am torn :D

I think it's cool nontheless.

The separation seems to good to be live. Especially with the 4 microphones that are seen. The vocals seem to be recorded in different environments.

Back