Films - Good or Bad

Screenshot 2022-02-09 151710.jpg

A favorite.

Drag racing off cliffs, teen drinking, teen drug use, drinking while driving, Teen sex, father / son drug use, shoplifting, grand theft auto, redemption, etc..the 80's

Last edited:
A fighter. What has Ed James Almos(VADER) Eric Roberts , Chris Penn, and chalk full of 80's dance fighting. Not quite Roadhouse, but....

Best of the Best

May is good. Check out the one she (Angela Bettis) directed called Roman. Starring the director of May... it's a weird inversion. :)

Pass. Why is the picture keep turning black? Is that just for the trailer?

My standards for scene execution are extremely high. No shake. No jumpy cuts. it doesnt make good story telling. You are fucking with the viewers.

After the cuts in that scene, I feel abused.

Last edited:
Where is that buzzed up trailer voice narrator? With that DEEP voice. That used to be so cool.

A movie with DEEP BUZZED UP voices.

May is good. Check out the one she (Angela Bettis) directed called Roman. Starring the director of May... it's a weird inversion. :)

I did see that. It was not good. It has to do with Bettis not being in the film. It really is another version of May, without her talent in front of the camera.

I was friends with her husband for a while (way back when), and he told me Elisha Cuthbert was in line to play May. That film would have sucked without Bettis. There isn't a moment in that movie where you can't read Bettis' mind, even when it's just her hands in the shot. Bettis has a unique beauty, Cuthbert is just flat out gorgeous. I'm just surprised Cuthbert wasn't as big as I expected her to be. She's a damn fine actress. Just not in Bettis' league. Unfortunately, Bettis has all the talent. Her "look" is what kept her from superstardom. She's has Streep's talent.
1646611183052.png1646611247308.png

For those who enjoyed ONCE. I found this SING STREET. Musically it's better than Once. The story is silly. It's definitely worth a view. Especially if you enjoyed Once.

I pulled this one off the shelf the other night. Good flick about life on the road.

s-l300.jpg

In 1977 I went to see Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps Tour at Nassau Coliseum. Dylan was playing MSG that night. They flip flopped venues. I wasn't impressed by Young. But, I loved Dylan when I saw him that week.

Then I went to the movies to see Rust Never Sleeps, and I loved the film and the music.

Living in PA we have 15 thrift shops in the area, and I buy blu rays and dvds for a buck. So, I bought Neil Young Heart of Gold. His performance at the Ryman in 2005 is better than Rust. The guitar he's plays on quite a few songs - it's a GREAT story about my favorite singer/songwriter.

I am in the middle of watching a second hand DVD of the Led Zeppelin film 'The Song Remains The Same'.
This is a concoction of some weird bad acting sequences, and New York concert footage from 1973.
I'd never listened to any Led Zep, until I bought another similar DVD recently, and didn't even know who was in the band except John Bonham.
It is rather a treat, and it will get played more from time to time.
They all have a talent, and Jimmy Page is exceptional.

I am in the middle of watching a second hand DVD of the Led Zeppelin film 'The Song Remains The Same'.
This is a concoction of some weird bad acting sequences, and New York concert footage from 1973.
I'd never listened to any Led Zep, until I bought another similar DVD recently, and didn't even know who was in the band except John Bonham.
It is rather a treat, and it will get played more from time to time.
They all have a talent, and Jimmy Page is exceptional.
Those are fantasy sequences. I wish they would have done without them. It's an excellent film. I went every day I could when it was released. Now I have the blu ray. The O2 one off show is an excellent flick.

Back