Films - Good or Bad

Mick, that Inside Lllwynn Davis was ok. Slow. It had a strange feeling to it. Like he was trapped somewhere..or he gave up the fight long ago. If he was in the merchan marines perhaps there is a better story there with his travels. He seemed stuck in a dead end.

Shutter island, was horrible. Not believable and not a comedy. Again a movie where they are trapped somewhere. dumb idea for a movie. People go to movies to escape.

Ill hit up forgotten battle this weekend if I have time, I liked Memphis belle and Saving Ryan.

Mick is Fauci having some me time on onlyfans surrounded by portraits of himself? You didnt really watch that?

I don't know, man. I don't know what "onlyfans" is, and I don't know if there is really a "Fauci" super duper blockbuster out there. If there is, you can bet your ass Fauci is most likely starring in the lead roll. Why of course he is.

I understand everything shouldn't or doesn't have to be topical/political. I just thought it was funny and had a place in this thread. For a laugh. Anybody remember laughter?

Yeah, the Llewyn Davis movie was a little different. Sometimes life is a little slow,. Sometimes life has a strange feeling to it. A certainty, we're all headed towards a dead end, it's all in [how we get there. These are the things songs are made of.

Started watching phantom thread last night
Finished it and started to watch it again.
The cinematography is really nice in this.
The scene in the village restaurant is like a classic art painting.
Good dialogue too and a very different plot line.

The wife and I watched this one last night, kind of old and odd that we haven't seen it before. The Royal Tenenbaums. It was pretty good, quirky. The wife who is a little harder to please liked it, and I like that.

Gene Hackman may be the greatest living actor.

I forgot to include the trailer.

I'm due for a good Western, or some sort of shoot-em-up. It seems it is a genre being revisited lately. Just not sure which one to choose. Clint has one out i'd forgotten about until recently walking by and glancing at a Redbox kiosk. I'm a big fan of one man against the world type tales. Any suggestions?

Sorry Lazer, that one doesn't interest me. I'd rather Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I love that movie. I tell my nephew who has never seen it that one thing cool about it is, if you pay attention, there are so many lessons for life in it.

Freaky deaky type stuff, meh. War movies, not my cup of tea these days. Like I said, I lean on occasion to one man against the world type films. Jeremiah Johnson, for instance, but it doesn't have to be a western. I even liked Will Smith's I Am Legend. Man's endeavor to persevere(movie quote quiz of the day!) type stuff. I guess that's why I sort of like that Inside Llewyn Davis. And it had music, and a it represented a bohemian type lifestyle from another time & place that some of our parents may have lived. I know mine did in their late teens early 20s. I think that kind of lifestyle may be in the future for younger generations coming up, less tied down in part because things are becoming so expensive. More and more people will be renting and cohabitating as the need requires.

Freaky deaky type stuff, meh. War movies, not my cup of tea these days. Like I said, I lean on occasion to one man against the world type films. Jeremiah Johnson, for instance, but it doesn't have to be a western. I even liked Will Smith's I Am Legend. Man's endeavor to persevere(movie quote quiz of the day!) type stuff. ...
OK. Me and @gecko zzed know that one:

Lone Watie: We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

OK. Me and @gecko zzed know that one:

Lone Watie: We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

Bingo, good job.

See, another one man against the world film. Sure, he gets taken in and gets to thinking maybe it doesn't have to be that way. But it just wasn't to be, it'll always be one man against the world for Josey Wales.

We ought to do that!....Every post should have a movie quote quiz. Either put the quote in quotation marks or italics. Actually, every post should have a movie quote and a guess at a previous movie quote.

Or not. What the hell do I know, i'm just one man against the world. Me and Josey Wales. Well not me and Josey Wales, that would be 2 men. 2 men and you most likely get some lame ass comedy....although Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid is a damn good movie.

"Well if there ain't gonna be any rules let's get the fight started. Somebody count 123 go." :ROFLMAO:

Yep, that is "Lurch".

Doobie, don't ask how many copies of The Godfather I have.... VHS, VHS Box Set of the Epic (chronological), DVD, BluRay, and even have the Epic on a flash drive in 1080I that I captured off HBO a while back. I have GF3 and GF3 Coda.

It's definitely my favorite movie series of all time. I'll take it over StarWars series, Indiana Jones, Lord Of the Rings, Matrix, Die Hard. Heck, I even get sucked into watching it when A&E puts it on at Christmas time, at least until the first commercial comes on, and the just pull out the DVDs.

The only other thing that I have multiple copies of like that is Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland. Love that one too!

Few movies go where Crank 2 goes. The amount of camera shaking and unnecessary scene cuts is mind-boggling.

The camera shakes so much it is funny. The movie should suck for this reason alone, but it doesn't.

It is a cult movie.

Back