Elon Musk what a loser!

If Musk is a good guy, then I don't think they will let him live very long.
The government doesn’t finance good guys and let them play with Rocket Ships.

Elon is an interesting character. Most likable, cool, in touch, and hippest of the ‘billionaire cub’. After all, he did smoke a joint on the Joe Rogan show. He’s gotta be one of us, right?

He warns of the dangers of AI, yet develops it. He’s supportive of the truckers, yet is developing autonomous trucks that will put them out of business.
He’s working on his robots, more jobs lost.
And lastly, his efforts to chip humans with his nuerolink to merge humans with computers.

I think Trojan Horse

The government doesn’t finance good guys and let them play with Rocket Ships.

Elon is an interesting character. Most likable, cool, in touch, and hippest of the ‘billionaire cub’. After all, he did smoke a joint on the Joe Rogan show. He’s gotta be one of us, right?

He warns of the dangers of AI, yet develops it. He’s supportive of the truckers, yet is developing autonomous trucks that will put them out of business.
He’s working on his robots, more jobs lost.
And lastly, his efforts to chip humans with his nuerolink to merge humans with computers.

I think Trojan Horse
Maybe but progress is progress and only a fool stops that.

Trucks and truck drivers are a thing of history. It just needs someone to come along and revolutionize the freight industry.

Does Musk want to control humans like some do who want us all chipped and have a 'good citizen score'?

Maybe but progress is progress and only a fool stops that.

Trucks and truck drivers are a thing of history. It just needs someone to come along and revolutionize the freight industry.

Does Musk want to control humans like some do who want us all chipped and have a 'good citizen score'?
Very true, that progress will occur. If he’s not the one, someone else will.

As to ‘chipping’ and his intentions..... I have no idea what motivation is in his heart.

As far as the man himself being a billionaire, I know of no case of a hard working industrious person getting to that status alone.

I personally know one who became a millionaire through an invention , but billionaire is a whole different level.

That seems to come with connections to ‘big boy money’. And there’s always strings with that.

So who knows if Musk is a good guy or a bad guy. We’ll see what kind of fruit he produces ;)

Fruit?
Tesla, SpaceX. Those two alone are monumental. No?
120,000 employees.
That’s a lot of fruit cakes at Christmas.

Fruit?
Tesla, SpaceX. Those two alone are monumental. No?
120,000 employees.
That’s a lot of fruit cakes at Christmas.
James Hargreaves and Edmund Cartwright are probably two people like Musk, but you have never heard of. In days of olde they had inventions and ideas which took the world by storm. Their ideas employed millions and also made millions unemployed. Good and bad things happened from in the spin off from their ideas which they couldnt foresee or had any control over. Populations were uprooted. In those days they could do it.

Today could someone like Musk do it alone or only with help? Really has he invented anything or just took old ideas and made them work?

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
Their ideas employed millions and also made millions unemployed. Good and bad things happened from in the spin off from their ideas which they couldnt foresee or had any control over.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

No pain, no gain

It's ball of confusion ...

Judge and define, give it a label, it all be just fine......

And in the end the sun will burn out and this big blue marble will be a big ol ball of ice, one grain of sand lying on the beach of the Cosmos.

The tide goes in
The tide goes out
In the end
Our minds fills up with doubt
About what we're doing here
Our purpose don't seem clear
We're lost and confused
And we don't know what to do

Don't take it so serious
No no
Don't take it so serious , seriously

In every generation there are the movers and shakers and innovators...

Tiny little humans making their mark like Cleopatra, King Tut, Plato and Aristotle and Socrates, Moses, Leonardo Da Vinci, Lincoln, Ben Franklin, Einstein, JFK, Elvis, The Beatles, Warren Buffet, Gates, Jobs, Bezos and Musk...man if there is an afterlife and we actually get to look back on what we accomplished, or failed to do....Being able to analyze the mover, shakers and innovators butterfly effect on what was to be would be a cool movie to watch.

Tiny little humans making their mark like Cleopatra, King Tut, Plato and Aristotle and Socrates, Moses, Leonardo Da Vinci, Lincoln, Ben Franklin, Einstein, JFK, Elvis, The Beatles, Warren Buffet, Gates, Jobs, Bezos and Musk...man if there is an afterlife and we actually get to look back on what we accomplished, or failed to do....Being able to analyze the mover, shakers and innovators butterfly effect on what was to be would be a cool movie to watch.
That would indeed make an excellent film :)

Musk actually thinks that our population growth is too low to sustain the race. Saw that in a TED talk he had with Anderson.
My main problem with all the electric power that we need is not in harnessing solar and wind with a side of dams and what-not, it's where do you get all the lithium to store all the energy? Where do you dispose of the spent, toxic lithium 10 years later? Yes, I realize that fossil fuels is hurting the planet, and it's also making lots of pollution to boot, but do you think mining all the good lithium out of the ground and "storing" the toxic waste from its use will be any better?
What ever happened to hydrogen cell research. Put water into the tank. Split the water into hydrogen and oxygen. Send the hydrogen as fuel and the oxygen as catalyst to burn the fuel, recycle water as a waste product... seemed to me to be the best approach.

Musk actually thinks that our population growth is too low to sustain the race.
Yes
My main problem with all the electric power that we need is not in harnessing solar and wind with a side of dams and what-not, it
The best idea is from the US military using high altitude generator kites. They take advantage of the lower jetstream. It makes the power of 20-30 windmills. The military use is for ships at sea to make emergency power. Fly a kite.

They are also in the movie Big Hero Six.
1650898903174.jpeg
Lithium can be recycled. Although we are not doing that yet...Almost all lead is recycled though.

Lighting and home power could be scaled down to 12v. People would need to adjust. Not much. The high voltage grid is because of the distance. Localize the generator, and 12v would be fine for most things. Anything more use a battery bank and inverter.

Last edited:
Lithium causes masses of pollution when mining and it takes masses of energy as well. That comes from oil so produces masses of co2. Not much lithium is recycled and again it uses energy and causes pollution.

But you cant tell these green nutcases this.

Lithium is stepping stone. Thats why they arent investing to recycle it.

They will jump to Sodium super capacitors. I just saw they had a 9volt battery the size of a grain of sand. It could be composited into a structure.

Their ideas employed millions and also made millions unemployed. Good and bad things happened from in the spin off from their ideas which they couldnt foresee or had any control over.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

No pain, no gain

It's ball of confusion ...

Judge and define, give it a label, it all be just fine......

And in the end the sun will burn out and this big blue marble will be a big ol ball of ice, one grain of sand lying on the beach of the Cosmos.

The tide goes in
The tide goes out
In the end
Our minds fills up with doubt
About what we're doing here
Our purpose don't seem clear
We're lost and confused
And we don't know what to do

Don't take it so serious
No no
Don't take it so serious , seriously

In every generation there are the movers and shakers and innovators...

mine is 147 ..... don't consider myself a genius at all

Wow our IQ is 147! WHODATHUNK? If it actually really is ( not sure how you found that out) you're right. I guess to be considered a genius today you have to be over 160 back when I was kid I was told it was 135 but that was before the internets and the google. So Elon and you just have "high IQ's". I have no idea what my IQ is or was. I have found throughout life that I am a lot smarter than some and a lot dumber than many others. One thing for sure is all of us don't know what we don't know.

As a kid I was pretty unconventional, precocious and adventurous...I was able to escape from the house and the 3 older sisters who were supposed to watch me while I was still in diapers...(Of course I wore them till I was 10 :laughings:)

I get it that many here don't see Mr. Musk in the same light as I do.

I admire what he has accomplished in his time on this big blue marble and personally like the narrative ( fake or real ) that he puts out on his philosophical social beliefs, hopes and dreams..

Wow our IQ is 147! WHODATHUNK? If it actually really is ( not sure how you found that out) you're right.

a battery of tests by psychologists ...... the main doc said it was the 2nd highest she had personally gotten from someone in 40 years of testing.

Meh ..... that and a dollar gets me a dollars worth of stuff

But imply I'm lying if you must ..... as much as I don't care what mine is, I also don't care about others opinions.

So, now the question arises. Did Elon use Twitter to make a ton of money, or does he really want the investment for the long haul? I mean he could easily get a lot of investors on board take the value of the stock up a bit and dump it when it hits a set point, dropping the value of the company into the dirt... Would be a great investment strategy.
OTOH, he seems genuinely concerned for turning the thing around and getting Twitter back to (or finally to, depending on how you look at it) neutral. Hopefully he doesn't pendulum swing the thing. It would be awful to have it go from left slant to right.
I don't know about other conservatives, but as for me, I'm not looking for right biased news and media, I just want it balanced. Ben Shapiro and his verbs (transitive and otherwise) are a bit annoying, if you know what I mean. "Conservative DESTROYS left wing kook!" gets old after a while. Just tell me the news and let me make up my own mind. (NOT knocking Ben Shapiro, just using him as a right slant news source example)

Reactions: RFR
So, now the question arises. Did Elon use Twitter to make a ton of money, or does he really want the investment for the long haul? I mean he could easily get a lot of investors on board take the value of the stock up a bit and dump it when it hits a set point, dropping the value of the company into the dirt... Would be a great investment strategy.
He's talking about making it private. That's the end goal. So no on all of that.

He's an extreme free speech advocate. That shithole will devolve further and it'll be another 4 Chan in a few months. Which is EXACTLY what the world needs right now. A larger platform for the insane.

Back