Early Brandi Carlisle

Snowman999

I love Brandi Carlisle. Her debut album comes in a close second to Blue Angel, Cyndi Lauper's first band which is my favorite debut album.

To promote her debut, Brandi played an Indian Restaurant in Philly with the brothers that tour with her.

I brought in my camcorder and recorded the show. I should never be allowed to touch anything photographic. But, this clip is a nice piece of Carlisle history. She went on to superstardom. This is a young fresh artist. There weren't many people in the place.

Wow cool! Not really familiar with her but she's great. I'm going to have get familiar with her catalog. I do LOVE Lauper and I am not familiar with Blue Angel so your post is a 2-fer Thanks man! BTW is that you speaking with her at the beginning of the video? Can't quite understand what the person says but it sounds like Get a Genesee or Tennessee stick...What they talkin bout Willis?

Great stuff.. thanks! That tune is a strong reminder of an early 70's radio song. I don't recall it now - something by David Gates, I think.

Cool to be able to catch such an early show. I'm not familiar with her, but I did a cover version of her song The Joke, for an annual "Gift of Music" a couple of years ago that someone had requested.

Wow cool! Not really familiar with her but she's great. I'm going to have get familiar with her catalog. I do LOVE Lauper and I am not familiar with Blue Angel so your post is a 2-fer Thanks man! BTW is that you speaking with her at the beginning of the video? Can't quite understand what the person says but it sounds like Get a Genesee or Tennessee stick...What they talkin bout Willis?
That was me babbling. If you ever get to Philly, the BEST Philly cheesesteak is Jim's. It's not as famous as these two others that are basically food carts. But, those two are the ones people always rave about. They're wrong. I've had all three, and Jim's is far superior. Long line, big sloppy sandwich. The place has ambiance up the... -
1655842587958.png
I personally get provolone. I'm not big on the cheese spread.
1655842648968.png

• Wow
Reactions: TAE
Back