Dr. Fauci, Pharmaceutical, et al to be tried in International Court for Crimes against Humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hereby request that the thread be closed because it is "futile" as Orson pointed out.
It is worthy of psychological examination to be asking, according to him.
It is boring him to tears.
We certainly don't want THAT. 😉

Give 'er the axe.
It's like this............what I want is immaterial.........But Politics and Covid, whose fault, who started it, who has the right policy to combat it etc etc etc etc............has been done to death over the past two years.

Everybody but everybody wants to see an end to it and not hear about it anymore. So you decide to continue it...........why?..........what can you or anybody here do about it?

Why not ask your questions somewhere where they can get something done about it?

The idea of a 'New Year' is just that. Leave the bad shite of previous years behind...............It's called 'Moving On'.

Last edited:
I agree that it's been done to death. But, unfortunately, it's not static and is ever evolving.

I think it is important not to surrender the floor or the narrative to those who whether by good intentions or the greater good, or possibly other reasons such as a power trip, have demonstrably spread and dictated falsehoods throughout this whole damn thing. There are people who are isolated, some probably wisely, some by choice, and fear, others pretty much by force. Many such as my own mother are somewhat isolated and have been scared to death by what they see on the news, from "the science", and talking heads. For some of those between fits of fear may experience times of doubt about the ever changing narrative. I think it is important that they do not feel alone in those doubts, isolated from others who dare to question, wtf? Transparency and an honest look at reality through discussion can prevent friends, family, the citizenry from isolating into separate corners and turning against one another out of disagreement.....more communication, not less.

Take the person in the following vid. So smug and certain. It's old, but these people have never been held accountable. After they have been proven wrong by reality, they never bat an eyelash for all of the falsehoods they have promulgated, they just move on to the latest certainties with the same smug attitude that anyone who doubts what they say is a damn nut, spreading untruths and propaganda. Some have even suggested anyone who doubts or express "falsehoods" should be subject to criminal charges. Yeah, those who have been wrong again and again and again want other people held criminally responsible for spreading "lies".

In short, it's topical, effects all of our lives, and should be discussed rather than surrender our right to do so to those who have proven themselves disciples of falsehoods and lies.

Things change when you get up in the morning (tm)
Omicron is different than Delta etc.
We learn, we adapt, we survive.
Science with a moving target.

Things change when you get up in the morning (tm)
Omicron is different than Delta etc.
We learn, we adapt, we survive.
Science with a moving target.

Yes, you are correct. Therefore, perhaps we should beware "the science is settled" arguments. Perhaps we should hold suspect and accountable those who smugly and authoritatively speak in absolutes, even as they have been wrong again and again. Perhaps those who are the most adamant and insistent that words have consequences should suffer at least a miniscule of shame in the public proclamation that they were wrong. The exact same arena in which they have coerced and bullied anyone who has the temerity to doubt their untruths and ignorance. Nothing suffered, nothing learned, as one might say.

Tell me it isn't so.

Of course... this is a heavily debunked crock of shit. But, you already know that. Your goal isn't the truth. Your goal is to intentionally spread misinformation with the intent of undermining American democracy when it doesn't go your way. The Russians are paying people to sow dissent. Here you are doing it for free in support of the very source of all the things you complain about. If the truth was really so damning, you wouldn't have to bend over backwards, rely on fake documents, and intentionally mislead people in an effort to make a case.

I'm sure some obscure article on "gates init0 org" is compelling when it says what you like to hear. Reuters is universally considered one of the most credible, non-partisan media agencies by all parties. So, try not to let the following facts spoil your conspiracy theories, but your problems might be much deeper than you're willing to admit.

Gecko.. I'm calling you out. You love to close threads on the basis of "vitriol debate." You often state how it accomplishes nothing. Yet, you allow this guy to post dangerous misinformation and intentionally hurl insults at everyone who disagrees with him, which is a lot of people. Your excuse is that "some people" can't simply have a discussion. In reality, not everything is subject to debate. There is no debate to be had when someone posts proven misinformation. You know full well that he intentionally creates these inflammatory posts hoping to bait people into a vitriol dumpster fire. And, what exactly does that accomplish? Not only does that accomplish absolutely nothing productive, it's actually counterproductive to anything positive at this website. "Oh, just ignore it." Nah, I don't think I will. I'd rather hold you accountable to the community standards you pretend to uphold. Yet.. oddly... It seems that you only moderate people on the site who are left of center. It's almost as if you and the owner(s) of homerecording.com are endorsing this behavior and the views expressed by someone spreading proven lies. Or, maybe you're just a terrible moderator. However, if there's any interest in actually improving the site, they should consider finding someone who won't moderate with glaring double standards. This place is turning into homerecordingforconservatives.com.

And, maybe that's ok with you and the owners of this website. Maybe you don't really care if traffic increases or not? If so, good job then. Obviously, as you yourselves have acknowledged, bulletin boards are a dying format. So, fine if you just don't care. Fair enough. Do you know why these recording students keep coming here to satisfy an assignment and then leave after participating at the bare minimum level required? Condescending attitudes from arrogant assholes who have been fixtures here for so long on a daily basis that they're seemingly exempt from the rules. Now, in all fairness, they probably wouldn't stay anyway if that weren't the case. It definitely is a dying format. Still, if there were any chance of anyone sticking around, the closed minded attitudes in this place will be fast to send them on their way in short order. It might be nice if there was an objective moderator who could actually maintain a welcoming community.

And look, I'll be the first one to admit that I am the type to respond in kind. I'm not sorry for that. Does that make me just as bad? Actually, no, not in my opinion. Of course, I understand that most wouldn't agree with that. Why is it they never like their own medicine? I was raised of the belief that fascism is not to be tolerated. I don't care if the messenger is red or blue. Lying with the intention to mislead people and undermine democracy is fascism. It's un-American no matter what color the tie. As we all know, there's a large distinction between disagreeing with someone's beliefs and relentlessly insulting someone for not sharing your beliefs, which is, again, akin to fascism. I just figured I'd offer this as an exit interview. I know it's of no consequence to you or anyone here. But, after more than a decade of coming to this site off and on, I'm confident that I've got no more use for the place. It used to be a lot of fun and I made some great connections here. It's unfortunate that it's become a safe haven for thinly veiled bigotry and disinformation, even considering the fact that posts like these are a complete waste of time, as if anyone is going to be persuaded here. Of course, once again, we all know that was never the intention in the first place. Anyway, carry on. Good luck and good health to all of the decent folks here.

WWwhatever your name is.. Congratulations. You've played stupid games at the expense of wasting your life and winning other stupid prizes. As someone who has studied psychology somewhat extensively during my first trip to college and during my time serving in the military, I'm confident in saying that you really need to find a more productive outlet for dealing with your issues. In my opinion, you're dealing with some pretty strong insecurity there. I think you lash out with these posts as an effort to self medicate. The relief is short lived, which is why you have to keep posting more and more. You keep saying that Covid is preventing you from being in a band. It's easy to blame Covid. Here's the thing. I can go see a band any day of the week. It's been that way for almost an entire year now. Covid isn't stopping bands at this point. Red Rocks is wide open for anyone who is vaccinated, a nice consolation for mature, responsible adults. I've been many times, and it's soul therapy. I'm willing to bet my life savings, that if you were as passionate about playing music as you were about trying to belittle people who don't share your political beliefs, you'd be playing music in a band, contributing to music discussion, practicing, virtually anything to do with music instead of subscribing to known falsehoods, treating them as the truth. And yet, you devote 100% of your time here to your political views and insulting those who don't share them. Sounds like "nothing is your fault." "It's covid!" "It's liberals!" The only thing stopping you from making music is, and could only ever be, yourself. Maybe, nobody wants you in their band. Maybe, people find your intolerance insufferable and don't want to be around you. Stop making excuses and looking for easy targets to blame all of your self inflicted problems on. Or, maybe you really never were involved with making music in the first place and it's all just a front, so you can post misinformation here that would likely get you banned to one extent or another from most sites these days. I do hope that you are able to address your insecurity. The first step is to simply acknowledge it. The rest is easy. Accountability is a wonderful thing. Good luck.

. . . In short, it's topical, effects all of our lives, and should be discussed rather than surrender our right to do so to those who have proven themselves disciples of falsehoods and lies.
That's absolutely true, but I don't know how much it helps. What's obviously true to one person will be obviously false to another. We won't always agree on who those disciples of lies are. To one person it's Rachel, to another it's Sean.

And even among people we trust, what seems proven today might prove false tomorrow. Blood letting used to be a best practice. Tobacco used to be good for us. They used to call nuclear power "too cheap to meter." We know a lot more about Covid than we did a year ago, and we'll know a lot more next year than we do now.

So we can act on what think we know now, or we can ignore the pandemic. To me, a routine of of masking, vaxxing, and distancing is just common sense. But even if it's not, does dismissing it as "surrender[ing] the floor or the narrative" get us closer to weathering the pandemic?

Last edited:
Yes, you are correct. Therefore, perhaps we should beware "the science is settled" arguments. . . .
Science is never settled. Astrology and alchemy used to be science. So were palm reading and phrenology.

We've learned better since. If we're lucky, sciencists will learn more about viruses than they know now. Until then, we can use what information we have.

So we can act on what think we know now, or we can ignore the pandemic. To me, a routine of of masking, vaxxing, and distancing is just common sense. But even if it's not, does dismissing it as "surrender[ing] the floor or the narrative" get us closer to weathering the pandemic?

Perhaps an excellent question. Care to take a stab? Has surrendering the floor to the narrative got us closer? Sure, the vaccine is said to make the virus less severe if contracted. There is evidence to support that. No doubt a good thing in weathering the pandemic. No doubt there are other elements of the narrative that have not really gotten us closer to weathering the pandemic, because shut up.
Science is never settled. Astrology and alchemy used to be science. So were palm reading and phrenology.

We've learned better since. If we're lucky, sciencists will learn more about viruses than they know now. Until then, we can use what information we have.

The science is never settled, I reckon that is good we can agree for the most part on something.

A problem, the fore mentioned common sense is not a welcome (euphemistic?) concept in the ever changing science is settled arena. Again, shut up and do what you are told until notified otherwise.

Uncertainties presented, nay, mandated as unquestionable fact accompanied by the threat of ostracisation(sp?) should one question the (never settled) science, does that get us closer to weathering the pandemic? Can one even ask that question...because shut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back