Does Your Birth Certificate Work?

I had no problems getting my RealID. I had a Passport, a couple of proofs of residency in the state, and my SS card. It took about 30 minutes, but because the state was just implementing the process, I ended up driving 50 miles to get it done. That wasn't a problem, that license branch was in the town where I worked for the last nine years before retiring, so I went in, got my 8 years license, and then went by the old plant to visit for a few hours, and had lunch with a few of the guys. I even spent some time showing a fellow how to run a piece of equipment.

Sometimes it's a good thing to be a plain vanilla-nobody special common folk type of guy!
Thank you.

You don't say. I assume that was before all your gear was stolen and you moved out of California which you haven't told us all about today. Yet.

That's ridiculous and cannot be true. I signed a a deal with label much, much bigger than Mercury at 19. We're adults at 18. Why would a parent have anything to do with that?
I always give proof of some kind to every post l make. But sorry, in 1975 unless you were over 21 the major labors wouldn't touch you. Go ask Steve Vai about that. He had the same problem.

Dude. There's a whole world out there to see. Art, culture, food, travel.
And l have been a lot of places in this world. Russia the Ukraine in 1992, all without papers. It's about know who to pay the bribe to. Always has been that way, always will be.

It took about 20 minutes to get the Real ID. And an hour to get a passport. You old timers are weird.
Yup..same.... On the passport since I already had one that expired it was super easy...I just had to fill out the online shit, pay some money and mail it in (YIKES!) and wait..It came and I'm good for another 10 years...what was weird is I have some visa's for other countries like China that still have several years left on them that are applied to the old passport. They had to send my old one back so I could still use them..I'll need to take both next time I go there...at this juncture maybe never with their ongoing 3 week quarantine thing when you land BS...

And l have been a lot of places in this world. Russia the Ukraine in 1992, all without papers. It's about know who to pay the bribe to. Always has been that way, always will be.
No. No sir. And if it were as simple as bribing every customs agent everywhere you travel would it not be easier and cheaper to just get a passport? Again, it was under $100 and took an hour.

I always give proof of some kind to every post l make. But sorry, in 1975 unless you were over 21 the major labors wouldn't touch you. Go ask Steve Vai about that. He had the same problem.
I actually know Steve Vai well. I'll call him later.

Absolutely false. Where do you come up with this shit? It must have been after your gear was stolen and you moved out of California or during your productive years on Skid Row where everything was great and awesome.

btw, for future reference he signed his first deal at 23.

Absolutely false. Where do you come up with this shit? It must have been after your gear was stolen and you moved out of California or during your productive years on Skid Row where everything was great and awesome.

btw, for future reference he signed his first deal at 23.
Has nothing to do with this rant but I saw Vai with Zappa in late 1980 (he was 20) at the Santa Monica Civic...I was so blown away when Frank introduced him to the world that I literally went out in the main lobby and got on a payphone and called my guitarist to hear this alien playing guitar ....a guitarist that I totally believed was on the same plane as him... Who is this masked man I said to myself and no one in particular?

Back