Detroit is US weakest housing market, but

I like it, I play gigs in Detroit on occasion. Its a lot like Cleveland, a crappy city but a great metro area.

I like it, I play gigs in Detroit on occasion. Its a lot like Cleveland, a crappy city but a great metro area.

Buffalo is 2nd in shithole's in the USA to live but we have a hopping music scene and there is no traffic problems like other cities.......due to the fact no one lives here and good jobs are few and far between.

Buffalo ROCKS!

:o

Detroit is great, so long as you stay within the correct 4 block by 8 block area. The other 138 square miles should only be seen from the expressway, hopefully at fast enough speeds to get you through it quickly.

I lived in the Detroit Metro area for 15 years. There's pockets of cool places, like Royal Oak and Hamtramik (sp?). There's also some ultra rich areas like Grosse Pointe, Grosse Ile, Bloomfield Hills, etc. Parts of downtown are also being revitalized, but as AndyHix said, it's pretty isolated to the sports stadiums and theaters and the few blocks surrounding it. Other than that you have your run of the mill rotting inner city and sprawling non-descript subdivisions. Also, west of detroit about 30 miles is the Ann Arbor area, which is my personal favorite (even parts of Ypsi are pretty cool).

As far as jobs, most jobs in the area, aside from service positions, are in some way related to the auto industry, for better or worse. It's not exactly hopping right now, but there's still jobs to be had if you look hard enough. What line of work are you in?

Back