DAW Users With ADD

Hope all is well with every one! I sincerely hope things will look better by this summer. :fingers crossed:
Sorry to say , but it has been a terrible couple of years for me. Things are getting better though, I've definitely played guitar more because of the pandemic.

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is good health-wise. That’s #1.

Weather here has been obnoxious. Snowy and cold. Only another month of winter though, and early March looks ok so far.
My health is the best thing I've got going for me. I'm in pretty damn good shape for a guy who will be 60 next year.

The weather is getting better as well.

Right about the time this whole pandemic thing starts clearing up hopefully my life will follow suit. I've endured a gauntlet of problems and I really need some positivity in my life.

And how are you doing?

My health is the best thing I've got going for me. I'm in pretty damn good shape for a guy who will be 60 next year.

The weather is getting better as well.

Right about the time this whole pandemic thing starts clearing up hopefully my life will follow suit. I've endured a gauntlet of problems and I really need some positivity in my life.

And how are you doing?
Glad to hear you’re in good health. So I guess that leaves marriage and/or job? :( Drop me a note if you feel like it.

All’s good here - other than climbing the walls from this freeking pandemic. Vaccine and warmer weather should help on that account. (Assuming these idiot politicians doing away with mask mandates and reopening theaters, restaurant, gyms and the like, don’t reopen Pandora’s box.)

I fell and broke my shoulder last May. Fortunately it was a break in place, so no surgery required. Rehab was a pain though. It’s all healed now, although I didn’t get full range of motion back. But I’m still able to lift a glass of scotch, so I guess it works good enough. Lol.

We’re going up into the 60’s this week. Spring fever will be upon us! :thumbs up:

Well I got my first shot yesterday, the next in a month. I'm hoping for something resembling normal by this summer.
I’ve gotten both of mine, and past the two week waiting period. 👍🏼

Although I was thinking the other day that absolutely nothing has changed because of it. I’m still wearing a mask when I go anywhere. Still not socializing much.

However... the band is getting back together in two weeks. Everyone will have been fully vaccinated by then. And I’m taking my daughter to a restaurant for her birthday at the end of the month. I haven’t eaten in a restaurant since this all began. But we’re going to play it safe and find somewhere that serves outdoors. End of April should be warm enough, I hope.

So maybe things are looking up.

Got my second shot 2 weeks ago, and have been out for lunch twice in the last week. I figure I'm 90% there anyway. Just got my check up at the doctors and everything was in spec. My daughter's birthday is in a week, and we'll be going out. She and her husband have both gotten their vaccinations as well.

I was just looking at the recent stats for the nursing homes in the state, and for the past week, there are virtually no new cases and few active cases. Back in December there were hundreds of cases. Since vaccination of the elder care community was the first push, it seems that things are working.

I was just looking at the recent stats for the nursing homes in the state, and for the past week, there are virtually no new cases and few active cases. Back in December there were hundreds of cases. Since vaccination of the elder care community was the first push, it seems that things are working.
Sure hope you’re right.

i see there have been several hundred cases of people who got vaccinated and still got Covid afterwards. But they said from the start the vaccines were ~95% effective... so, it’s not gonna work in 5% of cases anyway. Plus these variants are a bit scary.

I have a friend who does open jams, he told me he was going to be back at it come June. I'm thinking by then you'll just have the people who weren't going to take the shot anyways.

I have a friend who does open jams, he told me he was going to be back at it come June. I'm thinking by then you'll just have the people who weren't going to take the shot anyways.
Thought you were doing open mic stuff at one point? Not ready to hit it again? :)

My band is scheduled for a practice in a week. Just as I start reading about “breakthrough“ infections. Everyone is vaccinated, so the odds are good, I think. But still. :eek:

Work
Being "essential" has had it's downs. No really, there are very few ups. Corporations aren't willing to pay more wages to get the same job done AND have screeners and greeters and counters for the gov't extras, so everyone's stretched thin and overworked. Wasn't bad if it had just stayed "two weeks to flatten the curve." but we're all frazzled and frayed. Rode hard and put away wet will kill anything after a while.
Remodel
Finally found a contractor we trust to do the work. Starting 26th on the On Suite Redo. Taking out the tub and the shower and installing some cabinets where the shower was and a 4'x6' walk in shower under the skylight. Rain head will be in the middle of the skylight. Matching cabinets and new sink/countertop where the old sinks were (doing the Double to single so the wife can have more counterspace..) New toilet, new ceiling fan, new floor tile, new paint. My wife has been using the tub as a terrarium for 10 years and never used it as a bath. If she ever wants one the guest bath still has a tub...don't know what she'll do with her plants. :oops:
Weather
For the last 3 months, almost every time I get a day off and can do something about the spring leaves and pine straw and the yard growing out of control it has poured down rain all day (except for the day we had to drive to Fayette Nam for wife's doctor appointments.) I need a break. Haven't mowed in 6 weeks. Anyone have a machete I can borrow?
Music
Trying to get back in the swing. For the last year we've been doing online Church services and no in-house practice until 10 minutes to service just to let the musicians know what key the songs are in. . ? Bassist and I are pretty strong musicians and the drummer doesn't care about keys. We just play along with the Prime app . . This is the new norm, I guess. Prime plays all the instruments we don't and we just play along. Full band no matter who is there or not.
Glad to have the Pulse my wife got me for my birthday (wearable musician's watch). We've figured out how to sync them with the iPad so it vibrates for me (and lights the beat for the drummer's (he hangs his in front of his face so he can see the beat)) White-purple-purple-purple-white-purple-purple . . . Bassist doesn't have one, but he works off the drummer anyway. Prime has a separate track for beat and another for call outs ("Chorus two three four", "Verse three two three four") but it's annoying. Having something on my wrist vibrating the beat took a bit of getting used to, but it's second nature now.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

Remodel
Finally found a contractor we trust to do the work. Starting 26th on the On Suite Redo. Taking out the tub and the shower and installing some cabinets where the shower was and a 4'x6' walk in shower under the skylight. Rain head will be in the middle of the skylight. Matching cabinets and new sink/countertop where the old sinks were (doing the Double to single so the wife can have more counterspace..) New toilet, new ceiling fan, new floor tile, new paint. My wife has been using the tub as a terrarium for 10 years and never used it as a bath. If she ever wants one the guest bath still has a tub...don't know what she'll do with her plants. :oops:
Just finished mine yesterday. Started Nov 30th. 😳

Most of it was done by mid-January - which is still way too long. The rest was getting him back for warranty issues. I finally had to claim a dispute with my credit card co. to get his attention.

And in my case it was pretty much just replacing what I had. Shower, sink, and toilet stayed exactly where they were.

i hate contractors.

Thought you were doing open mic stuff at one point? Not ready to hit it again? :)

My band is scheduled for a practice in a week. Just as I start reading about “breakthrough“ infections. Everyone is vaccinated, so the odds are good, I think. But still. :eek:
My last open mic was March of last year. There are plenty of places open, I've just made the decision to wait it out. I think that by the time June rolls around people are going to do what they want to do and let the chips fall where they may.

Given my new single status the idea of starting a band has found some new momentum. A hobby band more or less. It seems like there a lot of guys around my age aren't looking for money, just a chance to play . I know a drummer who has been asking me to start something for years. He along with a mutual bass player friend both have been playing in classic rock bands forever, I think they're sick of it and want to do something different. Enter me, I play weird shit, I want to do lounge music , upright bass, cocktail kit and acoustic guitar/harmonica. Stuff like this.....

Nice tone on the guitar.

I say go for the band idea. A hobby band is what I’ve got. I tell people it’s like a Friday night poker game - but with music instead of cards.

Damn I don’t want to know how tall your grass is now.
First time was just to kick all the leaves into a pile. Grass is getting to the 6-8" mark. Going to have to mow tomorrow rain or shine...Doesn't grow that fast this early, but by next month it's weekly or die.

So after 13-14 months, band practice occurred last night.

Surprisingly we came close to remembering close to half of our material. 😁

Back