DAW Users With ADD

Take care of the place while I'm gone. Make sure to wipe your feet before coming in.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder... so you guys should really love me by the time I get back. :D :D

Yo.

Just started a summer project. Here's a "before" picture. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I knew that already.

View attachment 86995

Hey wassup bruh' Glen-Tree! Pray all is well with you & yours!

I believe pictured here are the Dynamex DUO-2000, OmniDynamic-Digital Titanium Diamond Detectors infused with a uranium-enriched, diagnostic dubulator on a specially designed diaphragm. The bias signals are separated by parameters of only .0001 making this a fine apparatus for searching for blood diamonds in So Africa or adding "outta-this-world", reverb to a mix.
You thinkin' ' bout sellin' this? I'll make you a decent offer......!:drunk:

You thinkin' ' bout sellin' this? I'll make you a decent offer......!:drunk:
Hey - real tubes in dem tires!

These are Gravely tractors, which are basically unstoppable. They were built by the Studebaker Tractor Company. Gravely is still in business, if you really want a $25,000 lawnmower. But the antique iron is choice because the tractors are often still in use after fifty years. They were heavily overbuilt, are easily repaired and restore to very good function without much exotica. Basically 1940s technology and built like a tank. There's a fiercely loyal, cultish following, which means that technical information, manuals and oddball parts are readily available. The parts tractor in my pic is equipped with a set of gear reduction wheels in good condition. Those slow the unit down so it runs at the optimal speed for plowing new ground. They alone are worth nearly what I paid for the tractors.

I've joined the dark side of a group of old Gravely fanatics... you can read that either way and it's still be accurate. I'm hoping these will eventually yield one very nice restored plow / garden tiller / earthmover / brush hogger / etc. They date from about 1960 - '63. Neither runs at the moment, but with an old Gravely, that's usually a temporary problem.

I also bought another two units that are getting trailered down from the Adirondacks. One is mid-sixties and the other is a more robust unit from the late 70s, both of which work. So far the count is four and I haven't been kicked out of the house yet.

The design is essentially a self propelled powerplant with a power take off connection on the front. There are many attachments still available that bolt on: snowblowers, rotary mowers, reel mowers, rotary plows and post hole diggers, garden tillers, even a four foot chainsaw was available for a while. And I have a sulky on wheels that connects to the back of the unit so the tractor converts to a rider.

For example:
post-4824-0-29281600-1349975924.jpg

gravely1.jpg

I bet you thought I was kidding about the chainsaw. Of course, safety considerations in the 1950s were a bit relaxed compared to today.

attachment.php

That's cool stuff, so is it more about the collecting or more about the using?

I install and repair garage doors for a living and I run into all kinds of different collections in people's buildings, barns and warehouses. Just today I worked for a guy who collects stoves.

I'll keep my eye out for Gravely stuff, I've probably seen it but paid it no never mind.

Wait a minute,.....you mean to tell me that these 2, mechanical behemoths-on-steroids, are freakin' LAWN MOWERS!!??:wtf:

What the heck are you mowing!!?? The Amazon rain forest??:D:laughings::facepalm:
D@mnnnn!!!!:D
Heh... Something like that. More like the Vermont Hemlock Forest.

So I did a little research and found the serial number for the first one tells me it was built in 1954. The second one - the parts machine - was built in 1964. But the '54 unit has stuff in the gearbox they weren't making in '54, so I expect it may be a bit of a Frankenmower. All good though, as it's loaded with oil, the spark plug is clean, and everything turns the way it's supposed to. No obvious reason why it shouldn't be a runner after a little cleaning, carburetor attention and fresh oil.

Here's a vid of another couple of Gravelys I picked up (count 'em - four so far..) - one is having a first test start out of storage; the other is mostly a parts machine, although complete. These will be arriving next week. It'll be good to start with at least one runner in the bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stRBFuwmKQQ

And the second pair will be coming with an old school snowblower attachment. These are called "Dog Eaters." Watch the vid and see if you can figure out how it got that name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKHPMJhb_A

Last edited:
More pics

Here's a couple more pics of the pair that will be arriving this weekend.

A 1966 L 8 rolling chassis with all the extra parts in a basket, and a complete early 1960s C 7.6 in excellent running shape, ready for some hard work.

Attachments

• GRAVELY C 7.6 sm.jpg
    GRAVELY C 7.6 sm.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 11
  • L 8 ROLLING CHASSIS sm.jpg
    L 8 ROLLING CHASSIS sm.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 11
Someone has G.A.S., Gravely acquisition syndrome. So is that all they make are these two wheel things, or do/did they have a bigger product line?

Other than my lawnmower all I have is a weed wacker, and I'm not buying a snowblower until my slave labor goes to college.

Someone has G.A.S., Gravely acquisition syndrome. So is that all they make are these two wheel things, or do/did they have a bigger product line?

Other than my lawnmower all I have is a weed wacker, and I'm not buying a snowblower until my slave labor goes to college.
They made a whole line of 4- wheel riders - large garden tractors / small utility tractors. They were overbuilt like a full scale tractor, similar to the CASE / Ingersoll units, capable of hydraulics and three point hitches, but the size of a large garden tractor; powered by single or twin cylinder engines from 10 to about 25 hp. They also have a cult following, but maybe not as crazy as the two wheel bunch.

And speaking of snowblowers, this little beauty is arriving on the weekend as well. Bolts right to the front PTO. The design is from about 1950 and they call it a dogeater. Wonder how it managed to get such a colorful name. Just imagine, if you had a Gravely, you too could get your foot caught in one of these.

:D

Attachments

• DOG EATER BLOWER sm.jpg
    DOG EATER BLOWER sm.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 11
.... in case you didn't know, my METS have beat the STANKEE'S 5 games in a row going back to last season....

....just sayin'!:D

hi Dachay! :D

Hi from sunny Italy. Here's a little something I'm thinking of picking up while I'm here. I just need Paul's credit card numbers to finalize the deal. (Be sure to include the expiration date as well, my friend.) :D

My New Boat.JPG

Back