CALLING ALL DOCTORS!

I follow my doctors advice and have heard enough horror stories from people who use them and I have heard good stories. I have given my reasons why I won't go to one, three reasons, and I stand by them. When I am pain that is bad enough to make me scream out, I am not about to let anyone screw with my back. When not in pain and know something as simple as bending over to pick up the cat can put me down, I am not about to let anyone crack my back, and, I follow my doctors orders. If the pain I have experienced was less severe, I might consider it.

Last edited:
I am out in the sun all the time, I get plenty of exercise doing all kinds of things when my back isn't hurting, gardening, building things, working on the house. I had to pull the toilet yesterday, for some reason it was loose and one of the studs that stick up while being tightened just pulled out. I pulled the bowl, found nothing wrong with the keyslot the stud goes into or the head of the stud. Went and bought a new seal, put it back together and the other stud pulled out. Now I am going to get another seal and new studs because I can't see anything wrong with the keyslots they go in, and pull the bowl again. I was able to tilt the bowl enough on its side four times to reinsert it into the keyslot but it just kept coming out. This is a lot of fun with my back the way it is. As far as vitamin D, I drink lots and lots of milk, my favorite, never drink soda, only milk or juice so I doubt it is that. The wife has a vitamin D supplement, I could take one a day?
well i had some lower back pain a while back ,after 1 class of yoga and it went away. I kept going for 2 terms and my back is much better , i just do a stretch now and again when i feel it getting tight and it fixes it.

Big Chirocracker fan...That said you have to be very thorough at vetting one. Yelp is your friend these days, We had a great chiropractor family friend when I was growing up. He fixed all of us at some point...mostly my pops. As an adult I went to one and had he been the first one I had ever gone to I would probably never use another...what a jerk I left worse than when I came in..That said tween the wife, kids and grandkids we use a few and they are all awesome at what they do.
In my 20s, I went flying out of a convertible and found myself at the center divider on the infamous 405 freeway in La.
What happened was my car was overheating and I pulled off in the emergency lane. Out of the blue, a drunk smashed into my car, pushed it some 30 feet and sent my body flying over 4 lanes of freeway.
That was certainly a come to Jesus moment. No cars or trucks hit me, no broken bones. And when I recovered my wits, it was like Moses parted the red seas.
A clear path was open for me to get off the freeway and back to safe ground. The minute I was safely off the freeway, cars were wizzing past me again.
Quite the miracle if you ask me. It could have easily been my death.
Next day I was extremely sore and felt every little nuance of having the shit kicked out of me the night before. But I was pretty unscathed.
I healed up and thought no more of it for a few years except for the fact that I was one lucky SOB!

Fast forward a few years. I got taken out by a tweed virbroluxe. Not a heavy amp by any means. But I picked it up to move it and pop! Out went my back.
I went full pretzel. Took me a good 10 minutes to get out of bed to the bathroom.

Had my girl find me a chiropractor. The first thing he did was take an XRay. Like a mystic forensics fortune teller, he said it looks like you were in a major accident a few years back as he was going over the X-rays with me.
He spent some time educating me, did some minor adjustments and got me on a nutritional and mild exercise regimen and had me back to normal in about a week.

A good chiropractor is worth his weight in gold.

Reactions: TAE
In my 20s, I went flying out of a convertible and found myself at the center divider on the infamous 405 freeway in La.
What happened was my car was overheating and I pulled off in the emergency lane. Out of the blue, a drunk smashed into my car, pushed it some 30 feet and sent my body flying over 4 lanes of freeway.
That was certainly a come to Jesus moment. No cars or trucks hit me, no broken bones. And when I recovered my wits, it was like Moses parted the red seas.
A clear path was open for me to get off the freeway and back to safe ground. The minute I was safely off the freeway, cars were wizzing past me again.
Quite the miracle if you ask me. It could have easily been my death.
Next day I was extremely sore and felt every little nuance of having the shit kicked out of me the night before. But I was pretty unscathed.
I healed up and thought no more of it for a few years except for the fact that I was one lucky SOB!

Fast forward a few years. I got taken out by a tweed virbroluxe. Not a heavy amp by any means. But I picked it up to move it and pop! Out went my back.
I went full pretzel. Took me a good 10 minutes to get out of bed to the bathroom.

Had my girl find me a chiropractor. The first thing he did was take an XRay. Like a mystic forensics fortune teller, he said it looks like you were in a major accident a few years back as he was going over the X-rays with me.
He spent some time educating me, did some minor adjustments and got me on a nutritional and mild exercise regimen and had me back to normal in about a week.

A good chiropractor is worth his weight in gold.
I’ve got a few friends that have gone to ‘doctors’ and gotten surgery to ‘solve’ their back problems. They’re STILL fucked up, and one is worse. And both are constantly popping pills.

Not me, periodic adjustments and I’m good.

I’ve got a few friends that have gone to ‘doctors’ and gotten surgery to ‘solve’ their back problems. They’re STILL fucked up, and one is worse. And both are constantly popping pills.

Not me, periodic adjustments and I’m good.
I will quote from one of my previous posts. "I went to visit an orthopedic surgeon who was on the Denver Brocos staff in the eighties. He told me as long as I can bear the pain don't have an operation. He gave me these following reasons. One, I could die from the anesthesia, If I slip you could be paralyzed from the waist down, even if everything goes smoothly you could come out dragging a leg, even if completely successful you will never be one hundred percent again.
I took his advice. As I stated earlier, last year my neighbor across the way had that operation and came home paralyzed from the waist down. She was either told the risks and decided to go ahead anyway, or she wasn't told the risks and then the doctors should be at the least disciplined.

My GF had a talus fracture (rock climbing fall many years ago) and has chronic pain as a result, in addition to aging/activity related knee issues. She swears by diclofenac which I think is prescription only, but the gel/ointment might not be(?). https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a689002.html She takes it daily and it's not supposed to be as toxic as some of the over the counter NSAIDs.

I have back and shoulder issues, thankfully not disc in the back (severe muscle sprain 15 years ago) and if it acts up I find (2) aspirin, a flexeril muscle relaxer, and rest is enough. I'm still fairly active, hiking and rock climbing on the weekends at age 47.

That's my brain dump on the subject.

I will quote from one of my previous posts. "I went to visit an orthopedic surgeon who was on the Denver Brocos staff in the eighties. He told me as long as I can bear the pain don't have an operation. He gave me these following reasons. One, I could die from the anesthesia, If I slip you could be paralyzed from the waist down, even if everything goes smoothly you could come out dragging a leg, even if completely successful you will never be one hundred percent again.
I took his advice. As I stated earlier, last year my neighbor across the way had that operation and came home paralyzed from the waist down. She was either told the risks and decided to go ahead anyway, or she wasn't told the risks and then the doctors should be at the least disciplined.
But here's the deal... one day you won't be able to tolerate the pain and will be forced to have surgery. Chiropractic adjustments have kept me from the knife for over 20 years so far and I hope that it stays that way. My general health is pretty good so I really don't want to spend my later years in a wheel chair or a convalescent home. The chiropractor has never done me wrong even when I've had bouts of horrible pain. There have been a few times when I swear my chiro performed miracles on me.

Reactions: RFR
FOLLOW UP VISIT
Woke up this morning, pain free, first time in three weeks, so far so good; still going to take it easy for a couple of days except for maybe that
damned toilet.

But here's the deal... one day you won't be able to tolerate the pain and will be forced to have surgery. Chiropractic adjustments have kept me from the knife for over 20 years so far and I hope that it stays that way. My general health is pretty good so I really don't want to spend my later years in a wheel chair or a convalescent home. The chiropractor has never done me wrong even when I've had bouts of horrible pain. There have been a few times when I swear my chiro performed miracles on me.
As stated, I don't have that much longer to go, I am not to worried about it.

Naprosyn - or naproxen sodium - if you can get it, works really well on back pain. I have boxes of the stuff when I used to take it for an ongoing wrist issue. Stopped taking it but filled up all the scripts before they ran out, just in case. Been a godsend from time to time.

Hit up some pensioners. They usually have it on hand.

It's also often prescribed by an actual doctor for actual back complaints. You have doctors over there, right? Wherever "there" is?

Back