CALLING ALL DOCTORS!

Well, they can't help you if they can't touch you. My doc's told me the same thing about surgery and is exactly why o see the chiropractor. The longer he can delay surgery the better and hopefully will never have to.

Well, they can't help you if they can't touch you. My doc's told me the same thing about surgery and is exactly why o see the chiropractor. The longer he can delay surgery the better and hopefully will never have to.
My doctors have told me never go to a chiropractor? I am 70 and I don't have to delay anything much longer.

Last edited:
Do any of you doctors know if there is any pain medication that is not an opioid but stronger than over the counter? Asking for a friend.
I certainly sympathize with back pain, although, all the back pain I had ever experienced was centrally located at the base of the spine. Fortunately, I only had to endure that pain two or three times a year for a few days.

I knew how to deal with it using a regiment of exercises that a physical therapist had taught me 20 years ago.

That was 20 years ago, and aging has added arthritis, bursitis, and other itises.

About a year ago, I had seen adds on TV for

I decided to try it. It's not a bad product at all, but the company has always had the bad habit of paying huge amounts of money to aged celebrities to advertise and exaggerDogoo the effectiveness of what they are peddling.

Nonetheless, I did notice that lower back pain was no longer a problem, but arthritis in my hands remains very much a problem.

I discontinued ordering from Relief Factor only after studying and analyzing the non drug ingredients that they are peddling to customers and now it appears that Relief Factor TV commercials aren't constantly being broadcasted as much as they once were broadcasted in recent past.

Dogooder, you might want to consider making a visit to your local GNC to purchase a daily regiment and dosage of..

Resveratrol 500 mg
Omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 1000 mg
Curcumin 500 mg

I do have to admit, however, that the combination of those non drugs have been beneficial for me, for the mostpart.

I was better yesterday. Now it is three am and the pain has woken me up and I am back to the same old same old. I could raise my arm above my head yesterday
but not now. I thought the body was supposed to recuperate while sleeping lol. I am in meth country, maybe I should score some and stay up for a week?
I did that shit once. Every day for 12 years.

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
I am 70 and I don't have to delay anything much longer.

I think if you wait a few more years your back won't hurt anymore.
That is my expectation also. I am better again today, I can lift my arm over my head again and the pain has eased in the back. At first I thought it was a pulled muscle and that was pinching a nerve. Now I am of the suspicion it is just a pinched nerve sending pain in both directions and causing the back pain also? I have had problems now and then in that shoulder that had sent pain down the arm but it never lasted long.

I did my fair share of pharmaceutical methamphetamine, dexedrine and benzedrine as a teenager. Gave it up by 21. Gave up the seconals, nebutals, and methaqualone before that. I stuck with LSD, mushrooms weed and alcohol. Gave up the LSD and shrooms around 35, and past 50 gave up any kind of heavy drinking, now I am down next to none. Shot heroin for awhile, never got addicted or an OD. Did coke now and then, never really got into it. Playing in bands since i was a kid in the 60s and 70s this shit was always being thrown at me for nothing. If I was as good as Tom Jones it might have been panties instead.

I did my fair share of pharmaceutical methamphetamine, dexedrine and benzedrine as a teenager. Gave it up by 21. Gave up the seconals, nebutals, and methaqualone before that. I stuck with LSD, mushrooms weed and alcohol. Gave up the LSD and shrooms around 35, and past 50 gave up any kind of heavy drinking, now I am down next to none. Shot heroin for awhile, never got addicted or an OD. Did coke now and then, never really got into it. Playing in bands since i was a kid in the 60s and 70s this shit was always being thrown at me for nothing. If I was as good as Tom Jones it might have been panties instead.
Pretty much the same story here. Except I quit literally everything two years and three weeks ago.

• Love
Need to reduce inflammation and relax the muscles.

For inflammation- Topical nsaids like Voltarin will give you the benefit of a cox2 inhibitor but bypass your stomach. Also good old fashioned ice packs will do wonders. Turmeric helps. Avoid sugar and carbs.

For muscles, see your doc for something. Cyclobenzaprine works wonders for me, but use sparingly. Metaxalone is good. Valium helps if it’s bad. Natural remedies include magnesium. Avoid dairy or calcium supplements. Make sure you’re hydrated.

Depending on your state, topical cannabis - mostly cbd with just a little thc could help. Pure cbd is ok but make sure it’s reputable.

Start gently stretching when the initial spasm and swelling improve.

I’m not a doctor so maybe I’m full of shit. But I’ve got a decade or two of dealing with back issues and I’ve got them well controlled.

Pretty much the same story here. Except I quit literally everything two years and three weeks ago.
They quit making a alot of those drugs long ago, way longer than two years, so you couldn't be using them unless they were cooked in someones lab.

But who's counting? LOL. man I'm happy for you brother...it truly does work if you work it so keep on workin it brother!

Man I like Talisman's idea...Frickin Golf!

DW you might seriously consider the yoga thing..I have a buddy who's whole life changed once he embraced yoga. He's a crazy cat and his back was putting him in a drug induced stuppor..He started doing the yoga and it changed his life...No more back pain...

Fuck, dude. Lucky you kept your job and your life didn't go down the drain, or worse. I'm glad for you, happy. Seriously.

You too, dogooder, or anybody who puts that shit down.

I don't understand drug culture. I mean, that's not to say I didn't participate or dabble in my younger days. Coke mostly. But I saw what it did to friendships, the have and have nots. One particular friend, sheesh, an extremely rational and level headed guy turned ranting lunatic. One evening coked to the gourd and keeping a pocket full so nobody would go without, I thought I dropped it in a convenience store. Frantically I actually returned and all but asked the clerk if anyone has found a little something in a baggy. Idiot. I later found it in my car. Later the same night I see a road check off in the distance. Wired as fuck I quickly ditched my VW beside the road, way off beside the road, and ran up in the woods. Hid for about an hour, doing coke, in the dark, in the woods. That's when I really started to question the whole thing. Soon after, an older rough biker type guy I kind of knew went to a friend's house and said, "there's a warrant out for me, they're coming to get me, so whatever is left in this baggy by morning goes down the toilet". After they finally did go to bed my friend woke the next morning/day to find Elwood dead as a doornail still sitting in a chair. My friend later died in what can only be determined a suicide, there's no way any sane person would have been going that fast on that stretch of very curvy road. He'd wrecked his life over the years. Anyway, drugs are insane, especially now that fentanyl has entered the picture.

I worry for my daughter. I don't understand it.

My doctors have told me never go to a chiropractor? I am 70 and I don't have to delay anything much longer.
No medical doctor EVER recommended a chiropractor to me and I don't think they ever will. Doctors don't recognize or want to understand what they do. Medical doctors are trained to treat symptoms NOT to prevent them. Also, you're not much older than me so I'm surprised at your view of your life expectancy. Back issues aside, are you in poor health?

Thanx, i didn't think of that. There was time I had a cast iron stomach and could take anything, that ship has sailed. I take one opioid now and I vomit.
My back is killing me and I can't imagine what that would do to it. There is a pinched nerve somewhere sending the pain down my right arm to the elbow
anytime I try to raise it. I have never been to a chiropractor but am considering it. I wonder if my insurance covers that, I will have to look into it.
try yoga and a day in the sun, you may be vitamin d deficient :0)

Last edited:
No medical doctor EVER recommended a chiropractor to me and I don't think they ever will. Doctors don't recognize or want to understand what they do. Medical doctors are trained to treat symptoms NOT to prevent them. Also, you're not much older than me so I'm surprised at your view of your life expectancy. Back issues aside, are you in poor health?
Without going into detail, lets put it this way, I am not in the best of health. I promised myself as a young man I wouldn't grow up and be like the generation that spawned me and sit around whining or complaining or even discussing my health problems. Sometimes you just want to vent though, I have come to learn that at least.

Re: Chiropractic doctors. I’ve had excellent experiences and results with them. Of course MDs won’t recommend them, they compete with drugs and surgery.
The Chiropactic approach is more holistic, and a good chiropractor can advise on exercise and diet regimens that will strengthen the muscles supporting the spine.
Often the medical doctors will view them as quacks. In my opinion the reality is the opposite. It’s the MD that’s the quack.

As @TAE mentioned, yoga is good as well. It strengthens muscles, creates more flexibility in the body, and is overall very beneficial

try yoga and a day in the sun, you are vitamin d deficient :0)
I am out in the sun all the time, I get plenty of exercise doing all kinds of things when my back isn't hurting, gardening, building things, working on the house. I had to pull the toilet yesterday, for some reason it was loose and one of the studs that stick up while being tightened just pulled out. I pulled the bowl, found nothing wrong with the keyslot the stud goes into or the head of the stud. Went and bought a new seal, put it back together and the other stud pulled out. Now I am going to get another seal and new studs because I can't see anything wrong with the keyslots they go in, and pull the bowl again. I was able to tilt the bowl enough on its side four times to reinsert it into the keyslot but it just kept coming out. This is a lot of fun with my back the way it is. As far as vitamin D, I drink lots and lots of milk, my favorite, never drink soda, only milk or juice so I doubt it is that. The wife has a vitamin D supplement, I could take one a day?

Big Chirocracker fan...That said you have to be very thorough at vetting one. Yelp is your friend these days, We had a great chiropractor family friend when I was growing up. He fixed all of us at some point...mostly my pops. As an adult I went to one and had he been the first one I had ever gone to I would probably never use another...what a jerk I left worse than when I came in..That said tween the wife, kids and grandkids we use a few and they are all awesome at what they do.

Back