Bye Bye Gearslutz Political correctness rears its ugly head

any context has no meaning
Scammers that get hold of your phone number write con texts. :facepalm:

People are offended too easily
Why don't you just shut your damn gob and piss off ? :spank: :cursing:

HR needs to ban the use of terms that give connectors 'gender'. Male and female XLR's for example should have a more gender neutral identification in posts
How about, the holey end and the stick-looky bit ? :confused::thumbs up:
Sure you can say what you like in your own house but that's not as much fun, is it?
Au contraire, it's more funner ! :D :) :p

Last edited:
I'm not calling Tae an idiot. Did you read his post and see his link?

I just did. All 6 pages of it. :facepalm: Apart from being in the wrong section of the Forum (Mixing) and mentioning how some celebs/stars/musicians/singers (notice all gender neutral words ;) ) got famous. I couldn't see anything wrong.

I am honestly lost.............or just thick.

I think maybe you read the wrong thread.

The one I saw was about a guy who set up a nice forum for everyone to chat music in, getting a lot of complaints about language/comments and asking nicely for a particular type of conduct, and another guy who basically said 'I don't care about showing you any respect; I'll say whatever the hell I want because it's my right."

Censorship is a very real and very dangerous thing but I don't like when it's used as an excuse to show no respect or common decency.

I think maybe you read the wrong thread.

The one I saw was about a guy who set up a nice forum for everyone to chat music in, getting a lot of complaints about language/comments and asking nicely for a particular type of conduct, and another guy who basically said 'I don't care about showing you any respect; I'll say whatever the hell I want because it's my right."

Censorship is a very real and very dangerous thing but I don't like when it's used as an excuse to show no respect or common decency.

I must have. The one in the link is about a man explaining how some people made it and how they wouldn't in different situations...........and a load of other stuff.

Regards censorship. I believe you should be able to say what you want. If you say the wrong thing on a forum then you get banned. If you say the wrong thing at work or in public then you get a smack in the gob and quite rightly so. Thats how it was and thats how it should be.

Same with stuff on tv and the rest. If you dont like it, then dont watch it. Winging and whining only feeds those who want to form groups and get something out of the situation. Most care less for the actual reason, just themselves.

I believe you should be able to say what you want. If you say the wrong thing on a forum then you get banned.

Getting banned or reprimanded for it isn't exactly being able to say what you want, is it?
Usually when people demand to be able to say/do what they want, without-consequence is implied.

Anyway - I've always respected 'my house - my rules'. If I join a forum and they ask me not to say "crap" I'll either comply or leave.
I'm not going to stick around and fight for the right to say "crap" and try to make some poor bastard's life miserable.

Getting banned or reprimanded for it isn't exactly being able to say what you want, is it?
Usually when people demand to be able to say/do what they want, without-consequence is implied.

Anyway - I've always respected 'my house - my rules'. If I join a forum and they ask me not to say "crap" I'll either comply or leave.
I'm not going to stick around and fight for the right to say "crap" and try to make some poor bastard's life miserable.

No there are 'rules of life' which you learn as you grow up. You dont call the fat kid a pig because he or his brother will make your nose bleed. So you dont come on a Forum and become insulting because you wont be there very long.

Its not rocket science.

So you dont come on a Forum and become insulting because you wont be there very long.

Its not rocket science.

You'd think - and 'insulting' (or inappropriate or whatever) is defined by the forum owner. I think that's the bit a lot of people struggle to accept.

You'd think - and 'insulting' (or inappropriate or whatever) is defined by the forum owner. I think that's the bit a lot of people struggle to accept.

I see. So you have rules in your house set down by others? If its your Forum then you set your rules. If somebody doesnt like it...then tough.

Yep! It's a thing, and I have suffered from it since I was a teen. Getting better but ya know...once a addict always an addict.
For certain it's a thing to get addicted to. I fell into the trap of buying more recording gear than I should have ever purchased. Sixteen years ago, I planned to use my gear when I retired to amuse myself.
I occasionally do, but not nearly as much I had planned.

Back