Boomers documentary

TAE

All you have is now
For us old farts this little trip down memory lane will warm the cockles and even the sub cockles of your heart.

If anybody ever got something real...'They' would just take it from you..

Its about keeping your world from everybody else.

Reactions: TAE
I miss those days. I recall having to drive through Washington, D.C. every weeknight between 10PM and 12AM during the rioting period 1969-1970. I was there after curfew as the National Guard filled the streets with soldiers, vehicles and armament. If you've seen the original 1951 movie The Day The Earth Stood Still, the later scenes with military flooding the nighttime streets are pretty much what I experienced. I was stopped at multiple checkpoints going into and out of the city. I had only had my permanent driver's license for less than 6 months at the time. Wild stuff.

Lots of good times.. good times. It was a magical period.

a.jpg

Last edited:
If anybody ever got something real...'They' would just take it from you..

Its about keeping your world from everybody else.
We come into this world bare naked with nothing but a kiss for good luck and a pat on the ass. We go out with nothing, not even that bare naked body :eek: It's just the process. All that you've learned and all that you've earned once you're dead won't mean a damn thing. Live out you life, try not to hurt no one else. Live it our your life and try not to get stuck on a shelf.

Seems like a Leave It To Beaver Version of what went on - to me it's pretty insipid.
I'm guessing you're not a boomer...Born in 1953 I am. Though it surely doesn't cover "Everything" that went down in the magical place and space and time it does a good job of covering the tidal wave of change that occurred in those 10 crazy years of change in the decade of the 60's. You'd have to of been there to "dig it" but for us that did, for those of that were there I'm thinking most will get a kick out of it.

I'll hijack my own thread....

Listening to this guy narrate Earps musings is quite an insight into a time in America where walking down the street with a pair 6 gun shooters strapped to you side was legal, and secondly not out of the norm. Quick draw baby...... You sir have insulted my dignity, I challenge you to a duel...We are a crazy bunch of Monkees aren't we...Which then allows me to return this back to the original post...Remember when Davey Jones has the gun strapped to his side and his holster falls down? Guns it's a love hate thing. But them Monkees they were the first TV sitcom made rock stars...What a cool and trippy time the 60'sd were. You would of had to been there though to really appreciate how "twitchin" it was

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're not a boomer...Born in 1953 I am. Though it surely doesn't cover "Everything" that went down in the magical place and space and time it does a good job of covering the tidal wave of change that occurred in those 10 crazy years of change in the decade of the 60's. You'd have to of been there to "dig it" but for us that did, for those of that were there I'm thinking most will get a kick out of it.

No I'm a Boomer - and it's insipid.

Were you a teen in the 60's? Insipidly asking... :D
See, that's the problem. I'm a boomer according to the prevailing definition, but I wasn't a teen in the 60s. I have almost zero time for the 60s because even though I lived through almost the entire decade, I was a kid. My main thought these days about most culture from the 60s could best be summed up as "fucking hippies!" It wasn't until the 70s that I was even aware of, in particular, music. The Beatles were long gone by then. As were most of the seminal 60s acts.

There's a distinct difference between what most people think of as boomers, and the things they're into, and we younger "boomers" who weren't really there in the 60s.

Generation Jones, I think we're called, but I still get lumbered with the "OK Boomer" shit. And nothing I dislike more than seeing a bunch of 65 year olds still living in and pining for the music of the 60s. Nostalgia is a disease. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
Nostalgia is a disease. :LOL:
That's why when we come into this world and when we leave it our memories are wiped clean.

For sure a huge difference in life experience between those born early in the period and later in the period 1946 to 1964..... A lot changed in those18 years. Taile enders have a completely different life experience than the early boomers and the mid boomers. Milkmen, Incinerators, Black and white TV's, Racism, Vietnam and of course rock music as it started and evolved. Pot and LSD were a huge influence on the teen culture of the 60's and early 70's.

Last edited:
Back