Bets Being Taken

Snowman999

Lollapalooza happened this past weekend 4 nights with roughly 100,000 each night.

This is from an article, and it basically says the same thing I heard on the news in NJ "Organizers required attendees to wear masks at any indoor spaces, and all guests had to show either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test in order to enter the festival."

Packing 100,000 into a space with the false premise that if you've been vaccinated or have a negative test will keep you safe, is moronic to say the least.

Will there be a sudden rise of cases in Chicago? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Not just Chicago. People come from all over for that, and then disperse hte virus back to their various communities. Just like the post spring break infections weren't just in FL. Kids took it back all over the eastern US. Most of the western US goes to Mexico.

And I'm sure forgery of vaccinations and testing is rampant, like getting a fake ID to get into a bar.

I could get covid. I'm not immune. But, I've social distanced most of my life. So, it really has to travel to reach me. It could. But, I'm in fairly good shape. I'd get sick, and probably recover.

I don't know why, it never concerned or bothered me. But, with the sudden rise, you'd figure going to a place where you're side by side with 100,000 others, should lead to some sort of disaster.

I want to start going to shows again. But, there's no one I want to see. I did recently find Mattiel. She's just not coming to the NE.

Other than everyone just staying in their sealed domiciles for say a good month without any contact with other humans there is no way to 100% stop the virus from being spread around. The aforementioned efforts were better than nothing but at this juncture some pretty foolish mistakes and assumptions were made and propagated.
By requiring attendees to present a recent negative test certainly reduces the odds of someone entering the concert THAT HASN'T been vaccinated of spreading it...This is a scientific fact. It won't eliminate any chance of them getting it or spreading it but certainly reduces it as opposed to not requiring it.
By requiring all attendees to wear mask certainly reduces the amount of the virus being spread around.. This is a scientific fact. It won't eliminate any chance of getting it or spreading it but certainly reduces it as opposed to not requiring it.
To not ask for attendees that have been vaccinated to provide a recent negative covid test was foolish. We now know they can get the virus and not show symptoms and yet spread the virus...That is a scientific fact. By allowing them in without the negative test they increased the odds of transmission.
To not require each person entering the festival to have their temperature checked was foolish. Not allowing anyone with a temperature to enter certainly would have helped reduce the spread of the virus and that is a scientific fact.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback...It's pretty sad that 18+ months into this the powers that be in our various metropolitan communities are still making half measured efforts to help reduce transmission of this virus to the best of their abilities. It's math and statistics.. By lowering the transmission we lower the cases, the heartache, trauma and financial impact therein.

The masses are asses and it appears the sheepherders themselves aren't necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed.

Other than everyone just staying in their sealed domiciles for say a good month without any contact with other humans there is no way to 100% stop the virus from being spread around.
This time has past. It should have been done at the beginning. If I remember America was pre-occupied with criticizing Trump for his remarks on the origin of the virus than sorting out what to do.

Last edited:
I want to start going to shows again. But, there's no one I want to see.

I feel the same way, then the wife got tickets to see Blackberry Smoke. 👍 A couple of weeks away. Should be fun.

Wife is vaccinated. I'm not and have no plans to be. I'd hate to not go and lose the cost of the tickets. We'll see how things go between now and then.

This time has past. It should have been done at the beginning. If I remember America was pre-occupied with criticizing Trump for his remarks on the origin of the virus than sorting out what to do.
And the Trumpers were pre-occupied with resisting any attempts to curtail 'their freedoms'. :rolleyes:

I feel the same way, then the wife got tickets to see Blackberry Smoke. 👍 A couple of weeks away. Should be fun.

Wife is vaccinated. I'm not and have no plans to be. I'd hate to not go and lose the cost of the tickets. We'll see how things go between now and then.

OK, why have you not been vaccinated?

And the Trumpers were pre-occupied with resisting any attempts to curtail 'their freedoms'. :rolleyes:
I deleted the rest of my post because I didn't want to get into one of 'those' arguments but it went something like this.

The governments around the world curtailed their own peoples freedoms while leaving their borders open.........why?.............well I certainly dont know. The result has been the virus is still here and hospitals were not over loaded. We have since been vaccinated and the virus is still here but not swamping the health systems as was first expected.

One country had lock down and was isolated which was New Zealand. They are still isolated and if they open their borders they will then import the virus. So they are prisoners of their own device.

So who was right?......................Perhaps the only correct people in all of this are the ones who stated where the virus came from.

The lessons learnt are that ............people will not listen or do as their told. So the next virus if a good one will certainly take most of us out.

Look into what happened in 1918. We're following the exact same path.

Are we? How so?

From what I understand, or heard, whatever.....1918 they covered their faces in an effort to protect themselves and a substantial number of people died from bacterial type infections as a result, perhaps even more than from the virus itself. Am I wrong?

OK, why have you not been vaccinated?

No thanks to the jab. I don't feel I need to give any other reason than that.

btw, it is not a vaccine. Be that as it may, I am not trying to convince anyone to take or not take the jab. If I was higher risk of death if i did get the covit(!) I would maybe get the jab, maybe.

Last edited:
Now I know you need help. I would have gone for the 25 year old.

David Hasslehoff purchased car. He is still talking to it.

Other than everyone just staying in their sealed domiciles for say a good month without any contact with other humans there is no way to 100% stop the virus from being spread around. The aforementioned efforts were better than nothing but at this juncture some pretty foolish mistakes and assumptions were made and propagated.
By requiring attendees to present a recent negative test certainly reduces the odds of someone entering the concert THAT HASN'T been vaccinated of spreading it...This is a scientific fact. It won't eliminate any chance of them getting it or spreading it but certainly reduces it as opposed to not requiring it.
By requiring all attendees to wear mask certainly reduces the amount of the virus being spread around.. This is a scientific fact. It won't eliminate any chance of getting it or spreading it but certainly reduces it as opposed to not requiring it.
To not ask for attendees that have been vaccinated to provide a recent negative covid test was foolish. We now know they can get the virus and not show symptoms and yet spread the virus...That is a scientific fact. By allowing them in without the negative test they increased the odds of transmission.
To not require each person entering the festival to have their temperature checked was foolish. Not allowing anyone with a temperature to enter certainly would have helped reduce the spread of the virus and that is a scientific fact.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback...It's pretty sad that 18+ months into this the powers that be in our various metropolitan communities are still making half measured efforts to help reduce transmission of this virus to the best of their abilities. It's math and statistics.. By lowering the transmission we lower the cases, the heartache, trauma and financial impact therein.

The masses are asses and it appears the sheepherders themselves aren't necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed.
The only thing I would disagree with this is all the SCIENTIFIC FACTS. I don't believe one scientific fact. Because even if the scientists know exactly what they're doing, the message isn't being communicated properly. CDC says one thing, WHO says another, politicians say something else, and the media just makes it up as they go along. They flip flop from second to second, and all contradict the other.

Personally, I don't care. If I get it and die, it's my own fault. I won't blame anyone but myself, and I'll be dead. So, it won't matter anyway.

How many of the vaccinated Texas Dems got covid from Texas to Washington? Lindsey Graham now has it. How many vaccinated people have covid? Does the vaccine work? Of course. The hospitalizations and deaths went down. That's proof of something. But, it also shows if you gather 100,00 vaccinated, the chances are great some are gonna get sick. Of course stats show unless you're old or have underlying conditions (obesity is one of the most prevalent in younger people) you'll just get sick with flu like symptoms. Which really makes most of this panic senseless anyway.

Of course there hasn't been news of an outbreak, so maybe it's all good. Though it'll probably take a week or two for news to break.

No thanks to the jab. I don't feel I need to give any other reason than that.

btw, it is not a vaccine. Be that as it may, I am not trying to convince anyone to take or not take the jab. If I was higher risk of death if i did get the covit(!) I would maybe get the jab, maybe.
You are 100% correct! The so called vaccine is NOT a vaccine. It does NOT make you immune to Covid. At best, the so called vaccine is simply a dose of chemicals (treatment) to minimize the effect of the virus and reduce ( not eliminate) the possibility of death.
I have received two doses, but I'll be damned to allow government fools to entice me into getting "booster" shots!

Back