Are there or are there not flying saucers , UFO's or (the new you're not a crazy guy name for them) UAP's

It's an impossibility to go backwards in time, only forward. Or so says that Hawkins fella, me old next door neighbor but one, Gilbert Hawkins.
I keep telling you there is no such thing as time, only change in the now, but you won't believe me.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
That there is the question, innit. And the y, well it ain't far behind the first. Do we really want to know, do we dare know. I believe it was that Hawkins fella who cautioned we best take care in attempting contact, we may regret the answer.
I hear you.

I am of the opinion that given what we (I) know - or maybe "don't know" is better - there's not only no reason to worry about it - there's really no reason to give it much attention at all beyond the pondering "what if". <--- which is always fun. And what I mean by that is - like "bigfoot" - there is no hard physical evidence of any kind whatsoever that any "ET's" exist, or have been here, or are here, or have any relationship whatsoever with the Earth and it's inhabitants. It is a hard cold fact that even given the *many* reported sightings and other "experiences" that are not explained or understood..... well.... that these reports, events, experiences are not explained or understood. There are many that end up having plausible explanations - and many that just have no explanation at all.

If I have a point here - it's that when I hear UAP or UFO or whatever - I no longer immediately connect that to "ET", beings or living things from somewhere other than Earth, or anything of the sort. I've shed that assumption - which was essentially a kind of programming from my culture over the course of my life.

I've become a hyper-realist. I "believe" in things that can be proven, are backed by evidence, are supported by observation, things based in fact, logic, and reason.

I am also eternally open minded.

That there is the question, innit. And the y, well it ain't far behind the first. Do we really want to know, do we dare know. I believe it was that Hawkins fella who cautioned we best take care in attempting contact, we may regret the answer.
Intentionally vague. Like I said.

I keep telling you there is not such thing as time, only change in the now, but you won't believe me.
I believe you. Or maybe I should say.... that's what I believe as well. There is only the eternal moment of Now - and our individual and collective idea about it.

I hear you.

I am of the opinion that given what we (I) know - or maybe "don't know" is better - there's not only no reason to worry about it - there's really no reason to give it much attention at all beyond the pondering "what if". <--- which is always fun. And what I mean by that is - like "bigfoot" - there is no hard physical evidence of any kind whatsoever that any "ET's" exist, or have been here, or are here, or have any relationship whatsoever with the Earth and it's inhabitants. It is a hard cold fact that even given the *many* reported sightings and other "experiences" that are not explained or understood..... well.... that these reports, events, experiences are not explained or understood. There are many that end up having plausible explanations - and many that just have no explanation at all.

If I have a point here - it's that when I hear UAP or UFO or whatever - I no longer immediately connect that to "ET", beings or living things from somewhere other than Earth, or anything of the sort. I've shed that assumption - which was essentially a kind of programming from my culture over the course of my life.

I've become a hyper-realist. I "believe" in things that can be proven, are backed by evidence, are supported by observation, things based in fact, logic, and reason.

I am also eternally open minded.
It seems like yesterday when the scientific community proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the atom was the smallest particle in the cosmos.

I keep telling you there is not such thing as time, only change in the now, but you won't believe me.
I concur completely Time is an illusion....but it sure feels real.

Albert Einstein once wrote: People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

I wrote this about that

Now is the time we have for now
Some people look towards the future
Some people live in the past
Those people.
Those crazy people
Are living their lives with their heads up their ass
Forget about the things that you can't change
All you have is NOW!

For further expounding upon of our ignorance this is a good head hurting interview

Intentionally vague. Like I said.

Well damn, you said that? We gotta file that there under quotey quotes, fer sure.

Only a pompous ass quotes himself. Gilbert Hawkins said that, right after saying "Like I always say." Is that you, Gilbert?

Bob Dylan said,

Half of the people can be part right all of the time
Some of the people can be all right part of the time
But all the people can't be all right all the time
I think Abraham Lincoln said that
"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours"
I said that

Vague, pompous ass, that Bobby. Keep smilin', you're in good company, you, me, Bobby and Gilbert.

Oh man. That really stings, Mick. Not sure I'll be able to recover from that one. It's good that you've never quoted yourself ever and that a brief search wouldn't find anything.

Like I said, keep smilin', you're in good company.

Just to save you the search, and so as not to be too vague, yeah, I've probably done it. What can I say, I'm worth quoting, and I probably have. Quotey quotes ftw.

I concur completely Time is an illusion....but it sure feels real.

Albert Einstein once wrote: People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

I wrote this about that

Now is the time we have for now
Some people look towards the future
Some people live in the past
Those people.
Those crazy people
Are living their lives with their heads up their ass
Forget about the things that you can't change
All you have is NOW!

For further expounding upon of our ignorance this is a good head hurting interview
It isn't exactly an illusion. It is a mathematical construct used to measure change. It is kind of like the ether was,
accepted by almost all, but not really there. We need the concept to live in the now. To make plans for the changes
we know that will take place such as the Earth being in a certain position in relation to the sun or the sun rising tomorrow etc.
Change in the now and time are not the same thing. One is what is is ,
and the other is a description to define it. We cannot access the past except in our memories and history books, nor experience the
future except in our imagination, fiction and psi-fi, they really don't exist, there is only now. One might also say all times, if one
chooses to use the concept, past, present and future, exist in the now?

Last edited:
It isn't exactly an illusion. It is a mathematical construct used to measure change. It is kind of like the ether was,
accepted by almost all, but not really there. We need the concept to live in the now. To make plans for the changes
we know that will take place such as the Earth being in a certain position in relation to the sun or the sun rising tomorrow etc.
Change in the now and time are not the same thing. One is what is is ,
and the other is a description to define it. We cannot access the past except in our memories and history books, nor experience the
future except in our imagination, fiction and psi-fi, they really don't exist, there is only now. One might also say all times, if one
chooses to use the concept, past, present and future, exist in the now?
Life (Now) is what happens while we're busy making plans...fleeting moments, pages turning...were are the pen writing our story until we run out of ink :eek:

Back