Almost makes ya want to get married...

Wow.. I'm the type of guys that "ain't getting married" and still with the same gf for 7 years.

I actually got misty eyed towards the end when the bride came out. :o

What is this now? You're not spoken for? I'm not either. Hmmm... hey Yvonne... I um... well, I've been thinking after watching that video. I mean how long have we known each other now? With the prospect of having a wedding like that I say we just do it. It'll be like a movie. Two unspoken for people who meet on the web and decide to spend their lives together so they can have a cool wedding... and after the wedding, dammit we'll make it work! I don't care about stuff like squeezing or rolling the toothpaste... whatever you want. I’m very easy to get along with in that way.

Well, I guess I should tell you a little about myself before we explore this any further.​

I'm a hopeless romantic. I like taking walks in the woods or beach at midnight, hand-in hand with that special somegirl. I'm a good listener, a sensitive lover, and I run and workout. I'm an artsy dreamy type, but have both feet firmly on the ground and am good with money. I'm fiercely protective and true. Most importantly I still have all my hair and my teeth.

When you cry I’ll hold you, unless you want to be left alone. If you’re sad I’ll make balloon animals and try to cheer you up or tickle you if you like that (I’m a good tickler so I’m told). When you’ve had a long grueling day I’ll give you a full body massage with fine oils by candlelight. We can put this in our vows if you want, but it doesn’t matter because I like doing that anyway.

I stand just over six feet with brown/green eyes and weigh 185 lbs. They say brown on my drivers license because the people at the DMV say they don't fit in any category and when I go in every four years the girl at the counter always says to the other DMV folks, "Hey, come look at this... OMG! His eyes are at once terrifying, yet fill me with this overwhelming lust." And they all take turns and look at them. It's sort of embarrassing, really.

But in fact my eyes are green with a brown starburst around the pupil and a black ring around the iris, much like the afghan girl in the famous national geographic photo. But my pupils don't constrict that small. They’re always wide with passion, desire and curiosity. The reason our eyes are like that is we're both descended from fallen angels who came from the sky to marry earth women, as recorded in the Old Testament Book of Genesis and the apocryphal Book of Enoch. But don't let that dissuade you, my 400th great grandfather was a guardian angel... not one of those creepy dark angels. However, there's a bit of naughtiness in all of us.

storyA_main.jpg

Lemme see... what else? Oh yeah… I have a degree in Social Psychology and I'm a musician/writer. I write songs, prose and short stories. I play guitar, keyboards and sing, all self-taught. I'm actually working on a book at the moment. I have a fully equiped private recording studio with lots of cool vintage stuff that you could play around with... what's mine is yours... well, if things work out. :)

I’m a world history buff and big into genealogy. I’m of Scottish and English royal lineage on my father’s side… 14th great grandson of King James IV of Scotland and 20th great grandson of Robert de Bruce, King of Scotland. The late princess Diana is my 1st cousin 15 times removed (King James IV is her 14th great grandfather as well) and that’s where the fallen angel line originates going back through Charlemagne. So you would be an actual princess of sorts. What more does a girl need, really?

I’m of Viking descent (Frisian Vikings) on my mothers side…. from a string of islands in the North Sea between Denmark and the Netherlands.

Frisians.png

I’m only third generation American on mom’s side, but the Becks have been in America for 300 years. We came over and settled with William Penn in the 1680’s.

Except for the eye color, people say I look a lot like James Brolin as he did in the movie “The Amityville Horror” (1979). Dark hair, curly locks and all that. But that stuff is surfacy. If you’re more into the blonde blue-eyed sort like in the Karen Carpenter song, “Close to You” I can color my hair and wear blue contacts. It’s no big deal because I think the most important thing is what’s inside… the spiritual.

amityville.gif

And last but not least we could have a reality show based on this whole thing and make millions, and have lots of fun getting to know each other in the process. C’mon! It’ll be that one crazy thing you’ve always wanted to do, but everyone says it’s just too crazy. Not to mention book and movie deals.

I know, I know, you think I’m just kidding, but maybe I think life is too short and you have to make things happen. Plus I think your photography is beautiful and if you can speak with an Eastern European accent, that kinda gets me, so say no more. I speak some French if that's any help. Only thing is I’m not much of a dancer, not like in the video anyway, so you’d have to show me how. I dunno, that may be the deal breaker right there, but let me down easy. Inside this masculine, athletic hunk of a man beats a tender heart, easily broken by the fairer sex. Though I may prevail against 100 warriors on the field of battle for a just cause, there is no shield, no armor, no defense against the final cruel arrow of Venus.

I love slow dancing though. The closeness… the intimacy, the feel of your head on my shoulder and the smell of your perfume, and “Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific” shampoo. It takes me to a magic place.

IMO, I think we have at least as much for a solid foundation as that "Breakfast at Tiffany's" couple in the song.

So, what do you think? Yes, no, maybe… or... (Yvonne's note to self: Put Beck on ignore list). :o

~Timothy
:)

Last edited:
Wow....

....almost makes me wish I wasn't already involved.....:o

Hat's off to you for having the cojones to put it out there -you can add that to your list of attributes!
I wish that I had the time right now for a more involved response....but am still a little speechless, and more than a little touched....and late for a class....so I'll just say - thanks, you've made my day, and may it come back to you many times over.... :cool:

Hat's off to you for having the cojones to put it out there -you can add that to your list of attributes!
... :cool:

Well, um... about my cojones... I decided not to list those among my attributes lest I appear too forward and scare you away. :D ;)

Tim

....almost makes me wish I wasn't already involved.....:o

+1

Although I am in a commited relationship, and a practicing heterosexual, I would throw caution into the wind to chase the excitement and thrill of holding you close. I can't completely say that the transition from hetero to bi would go smoothly but I will say if there was a reason to try, that this would be it. I'll let you know when I'm single.

+1

Although I am in a commited relationship, and a practicing heterosexual, I would throw caution into the wind to chase the excitement and thrill of holding you close. I can't completely say that the transition from hetero to bi would go smoothly but I will say if there was a reason to try, that this would be it. I'll let you know when I'm single.

Thanks, but I um… I’m hetero to a fault. I only like girls. Even prefer as friends… most of my close friends have been the woman-being. Plus I was raised with all sisters (three of them)... no brothers.

This sort of shocking reaction like yours has happened in the past. Weirdest thing from a college professor years ago. I was at the gym working out and we were the only ones there late at night and he said yada, yada kind of out of nowhere… “Wow is that your cologne? You smell nice!” I said it probably was (I used to wear Aramis).

5822.jpg

But the phrase, “You smell nice” is not masculine gymnasium talk, so you can imagine my surprise.

I was a bit creeped out. It was like one of those “Need a Moment” Twix bar TV spots, but those commercials hadn’t come out yet, so we had not been instructed in what to do. Back in the day there was a moment of awkward silence instead. We had Twix bars, just no instructions came with the candy as we now have freely available on the TV commercials.

Finally I said, “um… yeah, well I um… hey, how ‘bout them Cubs!” (but I didn’t have any idea what the hell he meant… truth be known, plus I was a Cardinal fan).

Sensing my discomfort, he changed the subject and never said weird stuff like that again and we got along fine.

But I’ve had close male friends of course. You and I could just be friends… go to music stores, hang out and talk… but definitely keep your girl friend. :) We could even talk about your GF if you like. I sense she feels neglected.

And if things aren’t working out with your GF, I do have a little sister who is currently single. She’s basically a female version of me… dreamy, romantic, traverses the sky on moonbeams and lightning bolts (literally when we have to get someplace fast). Of course her being my sister she’s also descended from fallen angels through Charlemagne. Not everyone is cool with that. She would have been burned as a witch in Salem in 1692, but I think that makes her that much more interesting.

We have a similar appearance… mostly the eyes ('cept mine are green). She doesn’t have dark curly hair or a nicely trimed beard though… so basically she got the brains and I got the looks, as you can see from the pic.

karen2.jpg

When I say “Fallen angel” it’s not what a lot of people think. In ancient Hebrew it literally means those who fell from or came from the sky. Not fallen as “Fell from Grace” or something. Probably the worse thing they did was get distracted… tempted by the daughters of Eve and at times forgot about watching over Eden. Who can blame them? And besides, had they not misbehaved I wouldn’t be here.

It still creeps people out though. We used to have problems with this old Hindu gentlemen from India that ran the local 7-11 back in the 80’s. When my little sister and I would go in, he would always look frightned and quickly walk into the back room. He would send out his son to wait on us. So, one night I was in there by myself and the same thing happened.

7_11.jpg

As I was leaving, I asked the younger guy why the older gentlemean ran away when my sister and I came in. Well, the young fellow apologized, but said his father sees a spirit hovering over us wherever we go and that we both have what he called, “The Evil Eye.” “No shit?” I exclaimed. “No Shit” he answered with a light but charming Indian accent.

I asked him what the spirit looks like. He said it is taller than me but it’s like a shadow, whose feet do not quite reach the ground, and it has a wing covering you and a wing covering your sister. And when you and your sister go to different parts of the store it splits in two, yet stays the same size, and each spirit has two wings like the original.

Guardian-Angel.jpg

“Oh” I whispered. “What about the evil eye?” “Father says you have eyes that can see into the soul and he does not want you to know his thoughts.”

So, with that I took my Coca-cola Classic Big Gulp and left. I took a walk. I had a lot to think about.

Anyway, my advice though, whatever you do, stick with girls. The girl is a lovely, unsearchable creation. Her heart is full of wonder and magic. You can never fully know it, but it’s fun trying. You just need to get deeper into her spiritually rather than switch to guys. And spice things up a bit with her. At the very least, whatever you do don’t neglect the back of her legs behind the knee or the inside of her wrist.

Guys (most guys) aren’t nearly as much fun, unless maybe some that have had the good fortune of growing up with lots of sisters. But still guys are too hairy and don’t smell as nice, IMO. Think about it. A girl can have the same knowledge and profession as a guy, but she can paint her toenails and wear cherry lip-gloss while doing it, and it’s perfectly normal to mainstream thinking. We take it for granted, but IMHO it really proves there is a God… someone has put a lot of thought into the creation of the woman-being… it’s no accident.

In my experience, most guys can talk shop and that’s cool, but they will generally give you a blank stare when you want to talk about certain other things in depth, like life, love, God, unicorns, rainbows, and how it all relates to music and the arts in general. I don’t mean to stereotype because there are exceptions and I’m talking about my own kind here.

The girl will look you in the eye and pay attention because she is more relationship oriented and interested in talking about stuff. The girl seems generally more curious, engaging and playful, sort of like a kitten.

Example of Male Blank Stare:
bush-duh.jpg

Example of Interested Curious Female
facial-expressions2.jpg

See, with the girl you can play games like who-can-hold-breath-the-longest, chase, hide 'n seek, tickle, footsies, blow bubbles, pinky wrestling, strip poker, strip 52 pick-up, strip... um... tarot, strip checkers, etc. She may perhaps even lose on purpose if she likes you a lot. If this is not happening with your current GF, something is probably wrong.

She may not be “The One.” This can be tricky to figure out. A lot of people give up and settle… worn down from looking for that special someone they’ve seen in their dreams. They give up, thinking it was just a dream, but it’s not. Just when life seems to be winding down sometimes the blue rose blossoms and the impossible becomes possible. Your heart is born anew and you see the world like a child once again. It’s only with this innocent heart that you can really see her.

blue_roses.jpg

Suddenly you see…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alThGF3m9Yw

Last edited:
Back