Afghanistan

No and it wasn't America's war either. We were asked to help them and we stepped up like we have done so many time sin the past. Sometimes with good results , sometimes failing miserably but we didn't say go screw yourself you're on your own either. . 20 years, trillions of dollars ( which is incompressible for most to even fathom) and over 2200 American lives lost...It's easy to talk shit in the comfort of a chair in front of a computer screen...trying talking that shit to the loved ones who lost their Son's, Daughter, Husbands , Wives, Moms and Dads trying to serve THEIR country as asked...dumb ass ungrateful sniveling twits that act like America had no skin in the game.
You went there because Dubya Bush claimed terrorists were there after 9/11.

Sure I watch what I say, but if you're gonna count who say that then there's billions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You guys seem to believe that USA is still protecting Kurds and protecting Afghans. Last time I saw, Americans were fleeing, leaving behind their humvees :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Values? lol, running away is a value? I know that you get hurt but truth is truth guys, learn to live in shame, that's your new fate :ROFLMAO:
Hahahaha........a guy in Sri Lanka is sounding pretty jealous that we live here and he lives........well.....there.....you know....in the armpit of the world. Why do we only hear from such people when the US does something controversial? Guess the rest of the world waits for a stumble. I wonder if Sri Lanka was attacked if they would want our help?

Mick

So the headlines in the UK media over here tonight are that the US troops are now starting to leave. That may be a good thing, but others are still stranded there as other countries troops are trying to get them evacuated before the deadline.

Last edited:
Wow we even have a new terrorist group now as well.......... ISIS-K .............. Anybody ever heard of them? No doubt they pose a threat to our freedom.

Last edited:
They thought the Afghan army would protect them while they all left. But as soon as Biden pulled his air cover and protection the Afghans apparently ran away including the president of Afghanistan.

There are reported to be lots of westerners stranded and cut off from the evacuation airport including Americans..........Dunno. :unsure:

They thought the Afghan army would protect them while they all left. But as soon as Biden pulled his air cover and protection the Afghans apparently ran away including the president of Afghanistan.
See , the Taliban are total pussies. They wait for the US to leave. If we come back they run up into their mountains. Cowards. You knew they were leaving why not come and fight while the US was there? Pussies.

let's bust out that drone army this time, eh? Or those robot tank divisions. keep the US lives out. Do it so we dont even get our hands dirty.

No, start with the heaviest attack first. Nuke the country in three places.

Then send in the drones.

Oh , if I was king..

This morning on the news they reported that Taliban were shooting at the planes leaving the airport how come nobody is calling them out for it?

Last edited:
This thread is why the rest of the planet think that Americans are total idiots, running around screwing up other countries and then leaving an unholy mess when they pull out. Every. F#*king. Time. The ultimate deadbeat dad. Don't even have the balls to go and start a war with the countries you really want to, because they'd kick your collective a#ses. Everything has to be fought by proxy. A nation of selfish, egotistical, self-obsessed, dick-swingin', flag-waving, warmongering, demagogue-electing monkeys who know next to nothing about everything or the outside world, nor possess the curiosity to want to. After having spent time in the US, it's truly baffling that people want to go and live there, what with sh##ty healthcare, having to drive everywhere and suffer that vacuous "have-a-nice-day" culture, the constant bombardment of advertising and marketing, vastly overpriced 3rd level education, processed, poor quality food. Mystifying. You can keep the Land Of Freedumb. Absolute sh#thole.

This thread is why the rest of the planet think that Americans are total idiots, running around screwing up other countries and then leaving an unholy mess when they pull out. Every. F#*king. Time. The ultimate deadbeat dad. Don't even have the balls to go and start a war with the countries you really want to, because they'd kick your collective a#ses. Everything has to be fought by proxy. A nation of selfish, egotistical, self-obsessed, dick-swingin', flag-waving, warmongering, demagogue-electing monkeys who know next to nothing about everything or the outside world, nor possess the curiosity to want to. After having spent time in the US, it's truly baffling that people want to go and live there, what with sh##ty healthcare, having to drive everywhere and suffer that vacuous "have-a-nice-day" culture, the constant bombardment of advertising and marketing, vastly overpriced 3rd level education, processed, poor quality food. Mystifying. You can keep the Land Of Freedumb. Absolute sh#thole.
wow

2 blasts confirmed.

Taliban shooting at planes with civilians on board.

Yeah, its America thats the piece of shit here...gimme a break.

Beaky its a mess of your making from when you went there in 2001 and to the past 2 weeks.
Ok... we were STUPID IDIOTS to get involved there in 2001.....but we had just been attacked by a group based there. I don't see how that's a crazy thing to do.

It was a mess before we got there.......and we sure didn't create the Taliban or Al Qaeda or Isis. IMO we told the Taliban we were leaving and gave them a date when we'd be gone in 2020. We didn't include the propped up Afgan Government in the talks.....so.....it was like saying....hey Taliban...it's all yours after we go. After that.....the Taliban began telling Afgan troops to decide who's side they wanted to be on after the US leaves.....with no protection and no government of their own or any other backing them. For a couple good and obvious reasons....the Afgan troops bailed out. They gave up their country pretty much without a shot. Voila....here we are. Nothing valient about our exit plan for sure.......but it was never gonna be flawless.

ORSON......I never realized you didn't live in the US. Not taking a shot at you for sure....but just wondering where you live.

Mick

Hahahahaha........ Another wannabe.

Ok... we were STUPID IDIOTS to get involved there in 2001.....but we had just been attacked by a group based there. I don't see how that's a crazy thing to do.

It was a mess before we got there.......and we sure didn't create the Taliban or Al Qaeda or Isis. IMO we told the Taliban we were leaving and gave them a date when we'd be gone in 2020. We didn't include the propped up Afgan Government in the talks.....so.....it was like saying....hey Taliban...it's all yours after we go. After that.....the Taliban began telling Afgan troops to decide who's side they wanted to be on after the US leaves.....with no protection and no government of their own or any other backing them. For a couple good and obvious reasons....the Afgan troops bailed out. They gave up their country pretty much without a shot. Voila....here we are. Nothing valient about our exit plan for sure.......but it was never gonna be flawless.

ORSON......I never realized you didn't live in the US. Not taking a shot at you for sure....but just wondering where you live.

Mick
Oh but Mick in a way you did kind of have a finger in creating the forerunner Taliben or the group before them. The Soviets invaded the place in 1979 and fought against tribesmen who only had 100 year old weapons. The USA armed these tribesmen with state of the art weapons to bring down Soviet aircraft. You did this simply because they were 'Soviets'.

You gave the 'Mujahideen' (as they were called) shoulder launched ground to air missiles among other arms. One alleged member of this group was someone you may have heard of. His name was Osama bin Laden.

It's a small world really Mick............and I am British.

The irony of it all. But Americans appear to know little of the world because it doesnt concern them.

Last edited:
Oh but Mick in a way you did kind of have a finger in creating the forerunner Taliben or the group before them. The Soviets invaded the place in 1979 and fought against tribesmen who only had 100 year old weapons. The USA armed these tribesmen with state of the art weapons to bring down Soviet aircraft. You did this simply because they were 'Soviets'.

You gave the 'Mujahideen' (as they were called) shoulder launched ground to air missiles among other arms. One alleged member of this group was someone you may have heard of. His name was Osama bin Laden.

It's a small world really Mick............and I am British.

The irony of it all. But Americans appear to know little of the world because it doesnt concern them.
You made a couple fair points there Orson.

Yes.....the Soviets were our sworn enemy. Not because we randomly chose them to be. History gives you a clue as to why. Try Cuba as one more recent reason. 90 miles off our shore.

As well.......in 1949....NATO was formed to protect many European nations....not the least of which was and still is Britain / England. As history tells it....not one NATO nation objected to us going into Afganistan. Indeed....most of NATO put tropps in there too. So.....perhaps your own country is at least a teeny bit complicit. As I previously said.......going there WAS stupid.....in the long run....with 20-20 hind sight. I don't think many Americans would disagree with that. Right now though....I know a lot of Americans would love nothing bett than to go in and take out some IS fighters......just for payback. Part of me would say ok to that.....but part of me would say it's the same mistake again.

Don't know how you can say Americans know little of the world. I'm sure we do and my guess is you actually don't think we're naive. What you may be referring to is our weakness........trying to save those who can't save themselves.........and failing mostly. Since after WW2.......we've pretty much failed at all those junkets.

Do you live in England? I once made my life long dream trip to Liverpool and London and Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane and Abbey Road Studios....and left a message on the outside wall. My musical life was complete after that.

Later........

Mick

But you are naive. You think because you have the biggest and best that no one can touch you. The little fellow who whisper in ears, writes notes on paper, puts bombs in tiny radios gets through all your technology and makes your billion dollar bombers useless.

Liverpool in the 1960's. The 'Mersey Beat'. But there was also the 'Brum Beat'.......The Moody Blues, The Move, Slade, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Traffic, ELO, Wizzard, Duran Duran, UB40,......to name a few .........and lots more music from other parts of the country.

But you are naive. You think because you have the biggest and best that no one can touch you. The little fellow who whisper in ears, writes notes on paper, puts bombs in tiny radios gets through all your technology and makes your billion dollar bombers useless.

Liverpool in the 1960's. The 'Mersey Beat'. But there was also the 'Brum Beat'.......The Moody Blues, The Move, Slade, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Traffic, ELO, Wizzard, Duran Duran, UB40,......to name a few .........and lots more music from other parts of the country.
Nah.....sure....likley we're the biggest and the best......(or China) but no one I know thinks we're untouchable by any means. I think the world THINKS we have that attitude. Indeed...history clearly proves that we are vulnerable for sure. You may be referring to our strong desire to defend our values....and our people.....and sometimes....other people. We're not different than your country in that regard I'm sure. And sure.....maybe we do try to push our values on others. We do that out of pride......misguided or not.......but not out of any sort of pointed desire to prove that we're the best or untouchable.

On balance though......our country certainly needs to be taken to task when we're out of line.....and as you can see....that happens....in spades.....and no country takes that well. But....sometimes......it seems like many in other countries are truly just taking a happy shot when the opportunity comes along. Got the best car in the neighborhood. Pointing out the dings and scratches can be fun I guess.

Yup....certainly lots of great music culture and history in your yard. If you ever find yourself over here in South Florida........stop in.

Mick

Back