A good friend died Monday morning...

kid klash

The original Mr. Nice Guy
...he'd been struggling with pancreatic cancer for about a year. Had lots of chemo and radiation treatments, special vitamins, special diet, and lots of other stuff. He was one of the nicest and most positive people I've ever met, and had turned 56 last May. His wife was diagnosed with colon cancer about five years ago, and had undergone a tone of chemo and radiation, lots of surgery, removed most of her intestines and other stuff in the region. She's 55 now, also one of the sweetest people you'd ever meet, and is pretty much unable to walk or get around due to her condition. They have two daughters that are going to have to take care of their mom.

On the flip side, I know one of the most vicious, coniving, lazy, dishonest pieces of scum that ever walked the earth. He's a chain smoker, hard drinker and druggy, lies every time his lips move, steals and screws people out of most everything that he wants and needs, and has the worst body oder of anyone I've ever had the displeasure of being around. He's totaled more cars while drunk and walked away unscathed. He's got who knows how many kids from who knows how many women, and doesn't pay a cent in child support. He's never spent a day in jail either. He's also 56, very fit, and in perfect health.

I don't get it. If there is a god, HE's got a seriously twisted sense of humor.

RIP Dan. You made this stinking blue marble a much better place while you were here.

Sorry to hear about your friend. What goes around comes around - that other guy's due for some.....

Sorry to hear about your friend:( Don't worry about the other guy....Karma will take care of that.

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your friend. I also understand your anger about how someone good hearted can be taken away from us while filth does not. Huge hugs from me

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he meant a lot to you.

As for the other chap, I don't believe in Karma or that God intervenes to make some people's lives suck and others lucky, or that people will get 'what's coming to them' ... but I would urge you to try to remember that the two people are not connected, it wasn't one or the other, and that one family's tragedy isn't connected to someone else's good fortune.

With a bit of luck, though, the law will catch up with him ... and those consequences are much easier to attribute to behaviours. In fact, why not drop the cops an anonymous tip as to the circumstances behind that last car he smashed up, see what happens.

Nik

Back