600$ Transactions In or Out monitoring

It depends on what the reason is, obviously, but much of the reason people call the police is for purposes of things like insurance claims if you get burgled or your car gets whacked, getting your money back from the bank if you're hacked, having some proof of action you took etc, not because of some inherent trust, admiration or hope of a perpetrator getting caught.
Sadly, that happens - but if you are in trouble, you still call the Police. Or at least, most people do. Oh dear - somebody is trying to smash in my front door with a machete! WHo should I call? It's a no brainer and bugger the insurance company.

Sadly, that happens - but if you are in trouble, you still call the Police. Or at least, most people do. Oh dear - somebody is trying to smash in my front door with a machete! WHo should I call? It's a no brainer and bugger the insurance company.
By all accounts of the UK media, the UK Police probably wouldnt bother to come. But if you told the Police you were going to shoot the man trying to break into your house. They would be there in minutes.:unsure:

Often quoted, but usually wrong. They get coded, immediate, urgent and then the missing dog and walking on the grass don't get actioned. Even in non-cities, they're busy, but emergency calls get answered. Sometimes if not busy even fat person in telephone box gets action!

Oh dear - somebody is trying to smash in my front door with a machete! WHo should I call?
Naturally. The police. It's their job.
However, there's a sizable segment of the population that would not call the police. "All bets are off if someone is trying to machete your door down."

Really? Who exactly would this sizeable segment call? Let’s give up. I support the Police. I believe the vast majority of serving and retired police officers are doing a good job, and the constant slagging off they get comes from those who might be more aligned to law breaking than law keeping. I think they’re doing a great job with limited resources and dealing with the kind of people they deal with daily must suck. Watching people on YouTube videoing them getting attacked while people video on their phones makes me wonder where decency has gone. You expect them to work for you, but you don’t support them? All the emergency services deserve our support, and they’ve got mine.

I am a law abiding citizen and from the UK. Some of the stuff I have seen in the media and on YouTube would make me 'question' the Police.

Last edited:
In the US the IRS is so incompeltent that believing they could track you - or even spend the time on so minuscule events is ludicrous. But let's says they did - what exactly are they going to do with that information? They can't even handle tax returns right now.

In the US the IRS is so incompeltent that believing they could track you - or even spend the time on so minuscule events is ludicrous. But let's says they did - what exactly are they going to do with that information? They can't even handle tax returns right now.
Got your logic and reasoning out of here, mister. There's no place for that here.

Back