:)

we're not surprised ed. stick to being an underhanded bully tho, especially in a sub forum where people can post pretty much anything they want. oh and the last sentence of my post pretty much clarified what i 'is on about' genius.
We ......... Not another bogus account from the same people again?

Why do people join forums, without even reading a few posts to get the feel - then feel free to complain we are wrong because it's in this section.

I bet this is not a bot, but some poor deluded person who doesn't know their woofer from their elbow!

Why do people join forums, without even reading a few posts to get the feel - then feel free to complain we are wrong because it's in this section.

I bet this is not a bot, but some poor deluded person who doesn't know their woofer from their elbow!
don't go to vegas rob :p

slow down ed. 'the same people again'? the voices haven't started up have they? you know you're still highly respected around here and all, don't worry about jeopardizing that, we just want you to be ok

I find it all boring. Wasted too much time and not why I came here. Have fun. Out.

You think bots are among us here? Like, one of the 12 people visiting this sub is a bot. :laughings:

^^ I guess if I stick the Q-tips in my ears, and then smell the Q-tips, in a round about way I am smelling my ears?

Doobie-doo, what does it matter when there is chaos all around us. Here I am sticking Q-tips in my ears when we all here should be solving world hunger and whatnot. Woof!

i know that there's an ilk that gets off on it, but how can the feeling you get from chaos compare to knowing you will have enough to eat, etc? i guess you chaos-loving goofballs are masochists at your core. sadists too i spose cuz i know of your type that revel in the misery of others like it's a mainline dose of ecstacy.

i'm for all of the comforts and conveniences. i mean we have stuff like self-sealing cheese packaging and every kind of delicacy available in general. chaos just seems like the lure of deeply disturbed idiots.

don't you chaostards have loved ones that you want to be safe? the state of things on the planet right now is baffling.
The conservative right in this country has been on a long (and increasingly painful) road to self destruction. The idea of self preservation (let alone "helping others") has been baked out of their platform.

The conservative right in this country has been on a long (and increasingly painful) road to self destruction. The idea of self preservation (let alone "helping others") has been baked out of their platform.
I am of the opinion that American Democracy dies with the next election. If the GOP wins it, it's dead. If they lose it, they claim election fraud and incite more of the shit they pulled in 2020. Either way, we had a real good run.

I am of the opinion that American Democracy dies with the next election. If the GOP wins it, it's dead. If they lose it, they claim election fraud and incite more of the shit they pulled in 2020. Either way, we had a real good run.

Yeah, because elections have a unique way of killing democracy, especially when your preferred flavor comes out on the losing end.

And just when democrats were on the cusp of proving beyond shadow of a doubt that the GOP are the sore losers who are hell bent on ending "American Democracy".

Yeah, because elections have a unique way of killing democracy, especially when your preferred flavor comes out on the losing end.

And just when democrats were on the cusp of proving beyond shadow of a doubt that the GOP are the sore losers who are hell bent on ending "American Democracy".
Ummm, the former president incited a riot by telling his base the election was stolen and invoked state election officials to "find" votes to change the outcome. If the GOP doesn't win 2024, they just pull this shit all over. If they do win they start further chipping away at voting rights.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm just pointing out what is happening in slow motion all over the Country. Weird day for you to flex on this one, though.

I'm a 52 year old white male with no offspring that has had a REEEEAL good run. Real good. I don't care what happens to this shithole honestly but to say that American democracy is fine and forever is myopic.

Come on man, I'm hardly flexing. It's no weirder day than any other as far as I can see. I just happen to be passing through reading and observing the hyperventilations of the resident nitwits.

Wife is currently out of town, left not long ago. I'm at my new place, out in the country. God's country, as the saying goes. It's hot as hell and the heating and air guys can't get to us yet, so I'm running a sit in the floor and exhaust out the window heat pump thing. Temps are too unstable to have any of my gear and stuff here yet, except the little early 70s Yamaha FG75. Prudence, don't want any warped/bowed/twisted necks, etc. The sun starts to flood the front porch about this time of day, but later as it dips behind the trees I'll have a sit on the porch and pick a few. Me and the dogs, and some cold beers. Maybe tamales for dinner with plenty of heat. It'd be pretty cool if you were here too, brother, maybe pick a bit of banjo. Actually, I think I may be wrong, I may have the mandolin and fiddle here. Wouldn't that be the shit, you and I take a sit on the porch and see what we could come up with.

Afa democracy goes, the current state of ours? I just find it odd that so many are stating emphatically that the election n question was above board and legit are precisely the same who are going off the deep end that our democracy is dead. Coming elections, I reckon they'll take care of themselves, won't they? Questioning elections is nothing new. Both sides, but from my point of view most often from democrats. Russians skewed the 2016 election, remember? And there were calls for impeachment prior to Trump even taking office. He was dubbed an "illegitimate" president. Yet....yet, the conclusion has been reached that the 2020 election was the most secure and bonafide legit election ever. Yeah? Most votes ever, and it would appear your candidate won. So why all the pessimism? Cheer the fuck up, dude. Democracy prevailed, you got your wish, and everything is going great.

Well, not really. Maybe what we're seeing here is more than a bit of misplaced anxiety. If I was a conspiracy theorist, or perhaps even a realist, I might say all this extreme focus and hype on how our democracy has been destroyed by the 2020 election is a distraction from the ramifications of electing a complete age addled imbecile as president and leader of the free world. But hey, I'm glad you're having a real good run and won't have to worry about any offspring suffering democrats' mismanagement of affairs.

Me, as soon as the sun drops below the tree line I'm going to have a sit on the porch, me and the dogs. Pick guitar, cold beers, life is as I see it. At the moment, not too damn bad. I reckon I'll deal with the wife getting laid off and my workload diminishing as it comes. But hey, ar least there is comfort in knowing 2020 is proof positive American democracy is legit and intact.

Back