Your thoughts on my Studio related design?

Nice work.

However, I think you have two designs in one there, each able to stand as a design in its own right.

The row of faders would make a cool design all by itself, as would the mike.

So . . . my suggestions:

1 Do a design showing just the faders. Make the position of the faders means something. For example, the height of the faders could mirror the height of the letters of "Home Studio Nation" underneath.

2 The mike logo can be another design just as it is . Or you could put a badge on the mike showing the initials 'HSN'.

3 The email address needs work. It's too small, and the font is not very readable at that size. If it is important that it is part of the design, then make its size reflect that importance.

4 You have probably have good reasons for choosing the font that you are using. My preference would be for a simpler font, rather than ornate. That's up to you, of course.

Agree with the gecko...it's like two designs mashed up.

I think keeping it simpler/cleaner would look better...so lose one element or have two different designs.
I would go with the microphone...but I would do a simpler, more basic mic. I think most studio people would figure out that it's a mic in a shockmount...but it just looks too busy, and like just some geometrical design.
I think a simple mic image would have a more retro/R&R look....like going with a Shure 57 or 55 mic would be much more identifiable even to non-studio folks.

If you are determined to use that same mic image...then flip the mic and shockmoutn upside down....and then extend the cable from the mic so it kinda weaves around and connects to the end of the word "Nation". :)

Thanks!

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!
I appreciate you taking the time.

Interestingly, I created the design for the "Studio People" niche which is why I chose to use the Mic style in this design.
Good Catch CC!! (The fader positions match the meter levels too!)

For me, the Retro "55" has more than outlasted it's life as a graphic representation of a Studio Mic especially when you look at the primary mics used today. It's old and not in an LA-2A kind of way. :)
The King is Dead! Long Live the King! and put that "55" in the casket with him!! ;)

The font is a personal choice to be sure as mentioned and the little line that spells out "bobgstudioworks © RJG" has more to do with Copyright and Branding.

In any case, thanks for suggestions and input!
Bob G.

For me, the Retro "55" has more than outlasted it's life as a graphic representation of a Studio Mic especially when you look at the primary mics used today. It's old and not in an LA-2A kind of way. :)
The King is Dead! Long Live the King! and put that "55" in the casket with him!! ;)

That's true, it's an old-school mic...but these days retro is pretty cool.
Whenever I've looked for a new studio coffee cup with some kind of music/audio graphic...I prefer the more simpler/basic designs, and I always prefer a white mug with all-black graphics. That's R&R....colors just don't convey the same vibe.
So I'm glad you pretty much stuck to that. Oh, and with the T-shirts...do also some white T's with black graphics. :)

Anyway...at least flip the "modern" mic upside down...;)...it's how most people use them, both tube or non-tube (because it helps take the mic out of the way).
I mean...I just hardly ever hang them right-side up...but whatever works for you.

"

Agree. It's very iconic, but because of that, it is grossly over-used as a graphic.

and the little line that spells out "bobgstudioworks © RJG" has more to do with Copyright and Branding.

I read it as an email address . . . probably a combination of the font and my eyes.

As a copyright notice it's in way too prominent a position. If you must include it, put it out the way somewhere, so that it is not a distraction from the main graphic.

I liked the mug.
The T-shirt the mic seemed too close to the neck line. my 2cents

The other t-shirt pic shows a lower , placed decal on the shirt.

*disclaimer ive never sold or made anything to sell....I would like to see a example of a large breasted woman with your t-shirt on and a picture with her without your tshirt on, that might make the location of the Art lower from the neckline. :)

Back