Yo' mama

notCardio

I walk the line
I thought somebody obviously needed to start something here, so I took it upon myself.

Now, kick the crap out of each other. I'll watch. :eatpopcorn:

Oh, and you're welcome.

Last edited:
It's the end times, I tell ya.

True dat! Where's a rake when you need it?

As I age off into my sunset years I definitely find myself slowing down the tempo and "mellowing out" without the use of psychoactive ingredients :D I happen to really like that silly ass memories song as I have been obsessed with the passing of time and that it is surely all coming to an end tomorrow since I was @ 17...

That said, the old rock n roller that got cooperized in 1971 still burns within...now that I think about it ya know musical theater and ROCK music theater aren't all that different..

Man this was a bad ass album...Frank Zappa had his fingers in this one

LOL a 1971 Rolling Stone review of this album

They bash Black Ju Ju in it..which was the first song I ever heard on KPPC ( Local LA college radio) and led me to go to the local "White FRont" store and buy the album...that was weird ...who is this girly man? but man when we got it home and heard I'm 18 for the first time , Love it to death and all the other classics ( months before it got on regular radio)we were fans... I was a drummer at the time working with a kick ass keyboard player trying to emulate the Lee Michaels thing..... Not bad for a first band attempt...

Note the word "punk" was used in this 1971 RS article...maybe the first time used in print I suspect...maybe ;)

Last edited:
True dat! Where's a rake when you need it?

As I age off into my sunset years I definitely find myself slowing down the tempo and "mellowing out" without the use of psychoactive ingredients :D I happen to really like that silly ass memories song as I have been obsessed with the passing of time and that it is surely all coming to an end tomorrow since I was @ 17...

That said, the old rock n roller that got cooperized in 1971 still burns within...now that I think about it ya know musical theater and ROCK music theater aren't all that different..

Man this was a bad ass album...Frank Zappa had his fingers in this one

LOL a 1971 Rolling Stone review of this album

They bash Black Ju Ju in it..which was the first song I ever heard on KPPC ( Local LA college radio) and led me to go to the local "White FRont" store and buy the album...that was weird ...who is this girly man? but man when we got it home and heard I'm 18 for the first time , Love it to death and all the other classics ( months before it got on regular radio)we were fans... I was a drummer at the time working with a kick ass keyboard player trying to emulate the Lee Michaels thing..... Not bad for a first band attempt...

Note the word "punk" was used in this 1971 RS article...maybe the first time used in print I suspect...maybe ;)

I have been a huge Alice fan since I was 14, around '74. This guy just had so much going for him. "She asked me why the singer's name was Alice, I said listen baby, you really wouldn't understand" what a freakin' line.

I have been a huge Alice fan since I was 14, around '74. This guy just had so much going for him. "She asked me why the singer's name was Alice, I said listen baby, you really wouldn't understand" what a freakin' line.

I couldn't tell if the bells were getting louder, songs they rang I finally recognized, It would be nice to walk upon the water, talk again to angels by my side...I only know hell is getting hotter, devils getting smarter all the time...Those lyrics from "second coming" popped into my head yesterday....what a kick ass rock song then into fricking ballad of Dwight Fry and then into Sun Arise...yeah we were pretty blown away that first listen back there in the daze ( in a daze) .... when one would smoke some pot and actually sit and listen to a whole album.... I had started as a drummer @ 1969 and was a novice but a beast and was finding that I could find my way around a keyboard pretty easily and liked playing a lot...This album was some of the first keyboard tunes I learned...

Here's the aforementioned Trilogy

Back