WTF has happened.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has their personal love for music. I just happen to be one that has no desire to listen to Bruce. Respect for his talent, just not a fan myself. :)

YMMV. Ha! I never get to use that! :guitar:

I liked greetings from Asbury park. And the live version of born to run(?) where he talks about Earl Sheib(SP) paint job("if you leave the windows down they'll paint the interior. and if you leave your little brother in the back seat they'll paint him too". The verses of the original Blinded by the Light go on for like, forever.

Everyone has their personal love for music. I just happen to be one that has no desire to listen to Bruce. Respect for his talent, just not a fan myself. :)

YMMV. Ha! I never get to use that! :guitar:

I might have shared this anecdote before...

I grew up in New Jersey, and I was there in '75 when "Born to Run" first hit the radio, and at the time, I really thought it was great, something different.
I lived down in Central Jersey during that whole Springsteen period when he was on every radio station 20,000 per day for a few years... :facepalm: ...not far from Asbury Park (been there many times, and also been at The Stony Pony bar/club before it became a retro-hip place to go to hear bands).

He was going strong for a few years...but over time, many people were just SO SICK of listening to him...and then John Lennon got shot.
Well the next couple of days there was more than one bit of graffiti on the back of trucks or billboards that said:
"Please God, give us back Lennon, and take Springsteen instead".

I shit you not...that's how annoying it became listening to Springsteen after a few years, to a lot of people...but still, in many of the Jersey bars the cover bands always had to do a bunch of Springsteen. I mean, if you were from "joisy"...you just HAD to be a Springsteen fan...but it got old, real old.
TBH...we actually did "Born to Run" and I think one song from his "Welcome to Asbury Park" album...but that was a band I was in around '77-'78, when Springsteen was at the top. The bands I was in after that...we didn't do any more Springsteen. :D

When I see the old timers like ausrock, QQ and TAE post I do get a tad nostalgic because it WAS fun back in the day before it turned to shit.

:thumbs up:

In it's "prime time" it was definitely one of the more enjoyable places and spaces I have ever ran across on the internets.. Good fun, some deep talks, some shallow ones and a collective of 1st class comedy, drama and characters the likes of which I doubt I'll ever run across again....sure glad I got to be a part of it, all good things must come to an end... Be talkin to you soon Joe!

In it's "prime time" it was definitely one of the more enjoyable places and spaces I have ever ran across on the internets.. Good fun, some deep talks, some shallow ones and a collective of 1st class comedy, drama and characters the likes of which I doubt I'll ever run across again....sure glad I got to be a part of it, all good things must come to an end... Be talkin to you soon Joe!

You betcha!

forums simply go in cycles. Somebody here the other day mentioned something about how people on another forum were so much nicer, so I had a look and discovered that I used to be a member and the computer remembered my details so I logged in. I know why I stopped going there and didn't miss it. I think it's simply style, not content. You like or hate the way people interact with each other, just like the way you choose your friends. Some you love even if they're a total loudmouth!

On all forums there are people who wish the forum to change to suit them, and equally many forums expect people to change to suit the forum. You play where you are happy.

In it's "prime time" it was definitely one of the more enjoyable places and spaces I have ever ran across on the internets.. Good fun, some deep talks, some shallow ones and a collective of 1st class comedy, drama and characters the likes of which I doubt I'll ever run across again....sure glad I got to be a part of it, all good things must come to an end

What’s up, brother? Been over 8 years since I’ve met/seen you.

Damn, I started this thread not expecting much, but Geezus, even "The Q" pops up out of semi retirement to post..........I'm phooking honoured.

Oh yeah, Armi, it was all your fault :p:D. Btw, that clip of "Choose Your Weapons" is freakin' awesome.

:cool:

What's up kids. Long time no see.

Holy Fuckin' Hell.............Trackius Rodentus, mate you were one of the people whose posts re recording, etc., helped me beyond belief, damn it's good to see you still around. :thumbs up:

Made my fucking night.

Let's face it, there are so many caves now on the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, (almost everywhere you look). Now coming to this site, we just talk about music, recording, might not be as lively, but to me it is very refreshing.

Yes, one didn't have to click on the cave, but the tone from the cave spilled over to the rest of the threads. I am sure it was cool at one point, but it turned into what we are seeing now on the rest of the web. People fighting and yelling just to fight and yell. That is what the cave became from what I could saw towards the end.

I will say it again, I like this place. Wish some of the old pros would come back and give their inputs. But it is much more focused on recording and music in the last few years. Not too many arguments and even when there are, they aren't really bad.

Damn, I started this thread not expecting much, but Geezus, even "The Q" pops up out of semi retirement to post..........I'm phooking honoured.

Oh yeah, Armi, it was all your fault :p:D. Btw, that clip of "Choose Your Weapons" is freakin' awesome.

:cool:

This one? :confused: ;)

I shall pass your comments onto the video maker (not me!) Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back