WTF has happened.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really would spend time going back through old Cave threads and post....?

Oh hell yes myself and many others...you'd of had to been there but it was first class comedy...an incredible cast of characters and some of the shit went deep too! A lot of great debates...A ton of Gold tossed to the wind...

I mean other than some idiot savants most of us can't remember everything verbatim. So yeah it'd be nice to be able to pull stuff out of the archive and refresh our memories of some of the more classic Choad Fellating rancid douche bag stuff that only occurred there and nowhere else on the web...Poised for greatness Ken D Weber shit, That time Getuhgrip won the lottery...That time someone was going to commit suicide and we intervened...all the the whack shit DocStawl posted.... you just would of had to of been there to appreciate it. And less we not forget all the Jamfest threads with pictures and videos connected ...yeah when they deleted the cave they deleted a shitload of good shit...

Oh hell yes myself and many others...

Well...I've not heard anyone else asking for the Cave archive just so they can read through the threads again.
I guess we all have different interests. :D
I feel sometimes that just hanging out on the various forums is a lot of wasted time...never mind re-reading shit that happened 10-15 years ago.

The other day I was searching for some info with Google...and it coughed up a link to some threads on an audio forum I have not been to in almost 10 years...AND, the threads were going back to 2000!!!
I got the info I needed and quickly left...without checking out the rest of the archives or what was currently happening there....and technically, I'm still registered as an active member there.

People move on...get older...life changes things whether we want it to or not...and people find new things to occupy themselves with.
I like to think forward. It's OK to take a trip down memory lane when something gets kicked up, but I try no to dwell on that stuff.
What is that saying...something like... if you're living in the past you're already dead. :p ;)

It was on cellulose nitrate film.

magnetized acetate.

I don't know... going through old cave threads would be like watching football on tivo. it just isn't the same as when it is live. Just the other day I was rummaging through some of those old cave threads and it was boring crap....

j/k, relax, I'm just kidding. :laughings:

I've been around here for more than 18 years and have seen this place gradually deteriorate, particularly after the "change of ownership".

It used to be a thriving hub of discussion and quality information, regularly frequented by pro's and semi pro's who were only too happy to contribute and attempt to assist newcomers, unfortunately, it is barely a shadow of it's former self, such a pity. :wtf:

Wassup brutha' ausrock! Yeah man its a shame how this once, mighty forum, originally known as the "CAVE", has fallen! I remember how INSANE, SICK, KRAZ-EE, AWESOME, HILARIOUS, INFURIATING, EDUCATIONAL & RETARDED this particular forum was once; - a "place" where you could relax, release & relate. I too am an 18+ yr member & was upset when Dave "The Dragon" Fiedler sold this site knowing full well that it would never be the same afterwards. But with that said, I'm truly blessed & appreciative to have MET, BEFRIENDED & JAMMED WITH MANY long-time, HR.COM members & "Cave Dwellers" thru the JAMFESTS annually advertised in this here very forum years back!!

Reactions: TAE
I tried posting once in the cave (later part of it) and I felt like an impala on the open plains being hunted by a pride of lions. I did it once and got the hell out of there.

A few guys who really were great at recording and knew their stuff were banned because they were just f'in mean on the board. Not clever, just mean.

I still like coming here and the MP3 clinic is still a good place for help with new ears for a mix. That thread alone makes this place worth it.

It feels this place has the right tone and mix.

I agree. Back then you could come to the site, get some great info, then blow a little steam in the cave. Bordos media bought another forum that I frequented, and instead of shit-canning their version of the cave, they banned all political discussion. I didn't feel like the place was overly political, but their was the occasional flame war.(Hardly mattered, as most users were there for info) That site is a dump these days, and all of the quality contributors are gone. The cave was cool because anyone could say anything they wanted, about any subject, and if people didn't like it, they could speak their minds as well. In the end, sites like this are built by the user, and most of them don't care for being censored, and they sure don't like a popular sub forum being done away with. I come here every now and again, but the place isn't the same without the cave.

Reactions: TAE
I don't think it is possible nor necessary to describe why 'The Cave' was ended...

There was a huge amount of good stuff there. I am all about having a place to have free time to speak your opinion with others that are same minded about (recording)...

But what most do not know or remember, is the fact that some members moved their controversial and at times-threatening insults to members on HR topics that did not want or need to hear this type of banter. Hell, there are kids on the site asking for help, and one member posted a bestiality video on a 12 year olds post asking for help.

It did not happen overnight. It was a year or more of trying to keep the cave and on topic conversations separate.

In the end, it was a judgement call by admin and mods to end the cave and the members that were taking advantage by bullying members and the site in general.

That being said, I have no problem bringing back 'The Cave' as a place to talk about whatever. But isn't that already what this 'Prime Time' forum is about?

Nobody has been banned for bringing up a educated debate on politics since the rules were changed. The 'Cave' got to the point where peoples lives were threatened by members that had nothing to do with recording and it just had to stop.

It is sad that we lost some members that had tons of information to offer... But in the end, the site was being taken over with opinions different than the site was meant to be about. It is still about Home Recording right? Give input if you want, or don't. I happen to give a shit and here for only the purpose of learning and helping when I can.

I can go to FB to get in an argument about politics. And I also choose not to there either. Unless I am drunk. lol!

I tried posting once in the cave (later part of it) and I felt like an impala on the open plains being hunted by a pride of lions. I did it once and got the hell out of there.

That is an interesting and sadly true description of what it became...You were always a target for some criticism especially if your were an ass but that last few years man it it got ugly and the pack of lions with their fearless leader any and all were a target...Being a semi-original member I stood my ground and went round and round with the few shit stirrers... just wasn't going to let them push me out...but with that climate of negative 10 year old child name calling and game playing the place became a not so fun and interesting place to go...many really quality members left the site or at minimum quit participating in the cave cause it was just not fun anymore...The main instigator finally got the permanent ban and his Lemmings continued the BS...in the end they got their wish with the closure of the cave and were giddy as hell that "they won" :rolleyes: then went off and started their own good ol boys forum t ... God bless em and good riddance.

Wassup brutha' ausrock! Yeah man its a shame how this once, mighty forum, originally known as the "CAVE", has fallen! I remember how INSANE, SICK, KRAZ-EE, AWESOME, HILARIOUS, INFURIATING, EDUCATIONAL & RETARDED this particular forum was once; - a "place" where you could relax, release & relate. I too am an 18+ yr member & was upset when Dave "The Dragon" Fiedler sold this site knowing full well that it would never be the same afterwards. But with that said, I'm truly blessed & appreciative to have MET, BEFRIENDED & JAMMED WITH MANY long-time, HR.COM members & "Cave Dwellers" thru the JAMFESTS annually advertised in this here very forum years back!!

Truly blessed to have met many a like minded brother here and you are definitely one of them QQ!

I don't see what harm the Cave had on the rest of the site but also I don't really care so no need to address it mods. And I don't care that it was closed so no need to explain it for the bazillionth time why the handful of you decided to shutter it. And I don't care about this thread either but when I see the old timers like ausrock, QQ and TAE post I do get a tad nostalgic because it WAS fun back in the day before it turned to shit. I think that's all TAE is saying maybe.

Someone explain to me again why there's no Cave any more? I missed the first 200 explanations and feel I need to hear it, personally, from someone in authority... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back