Wide Screen Computer Monitors

Are any of you guys using these things yet?

Staples has a 22" ViewSonic on sale for $299 and I'm really tempted to grab one! I was thinking for viewing my pictures and watching videos, this might be a pretty good thing but most of them have a pretty odd resolution of 1650 x 1050 which isn't a true HDTV spec and it's still smaller then what my current camera resolution specs are?

Would I be better off to wait or jump on the wide screen bandwagon?

Cheers! :)

I like to be able to flip my LCD vertical when I stack up a lot of tracks. Tracks run horizontally, not vertically, so a wider LCD that can't flip wouldn't help me. I am using a 1600x1200 20" right now.

Wouldn't flipping be more a function of your video card rather then the monitor?

Or are you speaking about the pedestal mounts they come with, which are mostly in landscape mode only?

Well, I ended up going for the ViewSonic 2235 and picked it up at lunch today! :)

I even managed to get an extra discount by buying it at Office Depot because I had a $50 off coupon good for any monitor and got them to match Staples price before I showed them the coupon I had so I think I scored a hell of a good deal on it at $249.95! That's probably even cheaper then what they go for in the States!

So far, I got it hooked up and installed the drivers and color profiles and proceeded to check out some of my shots taken with the Canon Rebel xt and man, does thing ever look nice! :cool: I still haven't calibrated it yet with my Panatone usb widget but even still it looks really good! :)

Here's link to the specs if anyone's interested?

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2235wm/

Yeah I run dual 19" widescreens and I think they're great. Awesome for recording programs, can really see alot of the tracks. I put the track view on the left monitor and then all the plug-ins, busses, etc. on the right. I would suggest a BIG monitor.

I just got a DELL Computer with a 22" inch screen. I've got 2 words for you:

Pron.

Yeah I run dual 19" widescreens and I think they're great. Awesome for recording programs, can really see alot of the tracks. I put the track view on the left monitor and then all the plug-ins, busses, etc. on the right. I would suggest a BIG monitor.

I still do my record work in analog so for me the reasons for getting this were for my photography hobby and for watching videos.

This monitor is replacing a 19" 4:3 ViewSonic of which I have another identical one in the living room so I might just set up a dual monitor display for there though I don't really know what on earth I'd really need it for other then looking really cool! :D

Back